Thread: A lil' question

Dancing Chocobo A lil' question

In the mid-level of Lindblum Castle near the elevator there's a fountain statue with a "!" always coming when you're near it. Zidane says something like: "Looks like there's no place to incert the medal."

What medal is he talking about? Is it a saying or something, or there's a sidequest connected with it?

It made me wonder on the first playthrough, and now I notice it again...

Selena

http://clairvoyance.game-server.cc/nc_catastrophe.html
    Click the link to see the best flash movie EVER

Hmm, i never really noticed that.. but i think it's just a saying

Resident Evil/Biohazard 2 parody, most likely. There was the fountain statue in RE2 where you had to place a medal to activate a certain switch. It's weird that they would parody Capcom, but it's not unheard of. Hell, Biggs and Wedge are named after Biggs Darklighter and Wedge Antilles from Star Wars, so a Biohazard parody shouldn't be surprising.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i wondered the same thing.. lol parodies

Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife View Post
    Biggs and Wedge are named after Biggs Darklighter and Wedge Antilles from Star Wars
    They have last names? And you know them? *coughnerdcough*

Aware though I was of the Resident Evil 2 medallion-in-the-fountain, I had always thought it was a common cliché for some reason. I had no idea Resi 2 was the only game with such a puzzle.

Yep as said its from Resident Evil, it took me a while to get it when i first looked at the fountain though. But i like it that they add in references from other games

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Aaaaaaahh I get it! As a non-Resident Evil player myself I didn't get the reference either.

Thanks for enlightening me as well, folks. I feel much better informed as well now.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine