Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hardest First Boss

Default Hardest First Boss

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We could go on and on for days about who was the hardest final boss. But, I don't care care about that. Who or what was your hardest boss to defeat, what game were they in, and why were they difficult to defeat?

Mine was and still seems to be Brock from Pokémon Red/Blue/Whateverversionthey'vedecidedtoreleasetorehashthesamegame. His rock types were hard to defeat when the only Pokémon you could catch to that point were bugs and normal types. With the exception of Bulbasaur or Squirtle, which seemed to need to be powerleveled until they learn some good attacks.

Not really. As I recall, Squirtle learned bubble which could easily take Brock down at level 8.

Hardest first boss...hrmm...probably the Scorpion creature of FFVII because so many first bosses are tutorials and you can't possibly lose.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Mid-Boss
    He, himself, wasn't all that hard. But he had a Mage and Archer set up on special tiles.

I don't see how the Scorpion creature from FF7 was hard to beat, he was easy to defeat. It practically told you what to do and what not to do "Don't attack when its tail is up" and so on. It's hard to see how he's hard to beat.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The only real contender that comes to mind is Blizzard Crawler from Gradius Gaiden. It definitely demands an abnormal amount of skill and cunning for a first boss.

EVO. They made the fish boss take off way to much damage for a first boss. Him also attacking repeatedly quickly doesn't help either.

The first fish thing you fight in FF10 with only Tidus.
    Having only Tidus, it was a huge ordeal imho.

Also, I believe Gargos in Killer Instinct Gold was ridiculously evil since he could gain his life back and the only way you could really beat him is to finish him off with a combo that tossed him into the air, which he always seem to combo break his way out of.
    *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphic View Post
    The fish only takes away half of your health. You can't lose.

That, that THING in Tales of Symphonia (Marble thing). Okay so it isn't THE first boss, but close enough IMO (second boss)

Oh and Mother 3 that Modified Raindeer thing. Then again, I find nearly every boss in Mother 3 to be a challenge

Blog Entries

I can't really think of a super challenging first boss right now, but the hardest one I can think of is Metal Slug 5's first boss, if you don't want to use any lives, of course. If I had a better memory, I'm sure I could think of something that wasn't easy.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

The very first battle in Summoner: A Goddess Reborn.

The first boss in Valkyrie Profile 2. It probably wasn't hard in and of its own, but I had a lot of difficulty, mostly due to the battle system. But I had to go and grind to level 6 to beat it *shame*
    Kudos to starseeker for the sig \m/

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    I can't really think of a super challenging first boss right now, but the hardest one I can think of is Metal Slug 5's first boss, if you don't want to use any lives, of course. If I had a better memory, I'm sure I could think of something that wasn't easy.

Metal Slug is all tough... I can't remember ever beating a stage without dying multiple times...

Mmm... Maybe the First Colossus, but just because then I didn't know how to attack him while I was over him... Aside of that, I can't really remember a hard first boss.

I found Odwala in Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask surprisingly difficult for a first boss. Actually I found him to be the hardest boss in Majora's Mask.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphic View Post
    That wasn't even the first boss I think that's like the 3rd in the game. The one you fought with Auron was the first.
    I say that bug thing from Legaia Dual Saga was definetly hard for a first. First bosses aren't supposed to inflict status ailmets when you're just learning to play the game!

Yellow Winged Angel