Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Game Series That Shouldn't Have Died and Games that Need a Sequel

Breath of Fire. I would've loved to see a sixth installment. Capcom has completely forgotten about this series =(

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Poy Poy.
    yeah

Fun with Neo-Spacians! Luther X-Rated's Avatar

Herion Hero

You chase the dragon, but you never catch it.
    Lv.3 Slime Knight! Slurp!

~Revolution~

I'd go for some Parasite Eve. I'd love an entry that quits trying to be Resident Evil and doesn't have controls.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ecco the Dolphin. Best games of Sega's 16-bit era (no need to whine if you disagree) in my opinion. I still haven't found a second-hand copy of Defender of the Future for the PS2...

Shenmue comes to mind. The first two games were great but they never finished the story. I mean literally they left Shenmue II off on a cliffhanger that needed to be resolved. How can they toy with us like this?

Earthworm Jim

This series had everything, great games, an awesomely funny animated series, great potential for the future; Then shiny whored the franchise out to Rockstar for Earthworm Jim 3D and the franchise hasn't been heard from since. And GBA ports don't count.

I miss that franchise.

I didn't realize Rockstar made the third one. That explains so much.

Final Fantasy Chrono games.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Shenmue comes to mind. The first two games were great but they never finished the story. I mean literally they left Shenmue II off on a cliffhanger that needed to be resolved. How can they toy with us like this?
    Suzuki and company were more than hoping to finish the story, but after the second game, they just couldn't justify continuing to spend so many millions of dollars creating the intricate worlds that defined the series. And as technology has progressed, the hypothetical budget of a new game as cutting-edge as the first two has only increased. Then consider the fact that the series never brought in that any money in the first place, and it's no surprise (although still very much a shame) that it's been shelved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishin Ookami View Post
    Earthworm Jim

This series had everything, great games, an awesomely funny animated series, great potential for the future; Then shiny whored the franchise out to Rockstar for Earthworm Jim 3D and the franchise hasn't been heard from since. And GBA ports don't count.

I miss that franchise.
    The first two games are some of my favorite games of all time. Earthworm Jim 2 in particular is a near-perfect synthesis of excellent gameplay, music, artwork, and humor. It's quite sad that the years showed it to be a beast much too rare to live.

Lufia and BoF.

Lufia 1 and 2 need either remakes or ports, (Preferably remakes in kick ass graphics) and then then continue from their.

No need to leave Ruins of Lore and LEgend returns in the story.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    I dont know if the monkey island series is dead but i think there should be another one
    Totally. But having said that, the quality of 3 and 4 were much lower quality than the first two. They might kill the series.

Elaine's accent changed from British to American between the third and fourth. What's up with that?!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Zora View Post
    Chrono series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zora View Post
    Either that, or it is taking Duke Nukem Forever. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
    Lunar. Yeah, it didn't die but it might as well have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishin Ookami View Post
    Earthworm Jim
    All of the above, definitely. Possibly Jazz Jackrabbit too? I think that's pretty much dead, isn't it?
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

The only problem with them making more Xenogears games like a few of you alluded to is that they covered many of the plotlines that would have been covered in the other chapters already in the original xenogears game. So if you did play more xenogears games it would be like you were playing a game where you already knew the story. Don't get me wrong I think Xenogears has the best story ever covered in the video game world but it is a story that has pretty much already been told.

Xenosaga on the other hand could have been just as good as xenogears had it been allowed to continue on but it was the directors own stupidity which doomed that series so I don't feel to bad about the xenosaga series fizzling out.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Lufia 1 and 2 need either remakes or ports, (Preferably remakes in kick ass graphics) and then then continue from their.

No need to leave Ruins of Lore and LEgend returns in the story.
    I dunno I liked the graphics in the first 2. They weren't half bad and they flowed real well. Better then many other RPG's of the day. Though a revamp couldn't hurt. Though I defiantly want them to be ported over so their goodness can be given to new generations of gamers so they can see how video games should be without all dem flashy special LSD effects nowadays.
    This space intentionally left blank.