Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Game Series That Shouldn't Have Died and Games that Need a Sequel

Articles
    Blog Entries

as brought up in a different thread, Streets of Rage, also Shining Force, not the spinoff games that devaite from the StrategyRPG format, but a full fledged sequel, or at least release of the entire SFIII scenario.

I'd like to see another Crash Bandicoot.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    As for me, I'd love to see some new classic-styled Kirby games, not the stupid knockoff games recently released. The franchise died in my eyes when Kirby Air Ride came out. The graphics were beautiful, but the gameplay kinda sucked.
    Ok, so I've come to the conclusion that none of you play handheld games.
    I've played some of the new handheld ones for the GBA/DS. They just seem lackluster in comparison to the older ones.

Spyro. It didn't die but it started getting crappy.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by gyrus View Post
    It's because Insomniac (along with Naughty Dog, who made Crash Bandicoot) were originally part of Universal, but after a while they didn't like the business politics and had enough money to go on their own. But when they left, they had to leave the rights behind to their flagship titles. So the games have been handled by its original team, hence lacklusterness with little chance of getting better again.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Earthbound

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Earthbound
    HANDHELD!

(At least in Japan.)

Shenmue needs that last chapter to see what finally happens when Ryo faces Lan di. No more forklifting though please.

Vagrant story was only the prequel to the story of Ashley Riot. I would love to see his battles staying in the dark and his struggles against the cardinal that we only hear about during the game. This has one of the best stories in any video game with some of the best dialogue ever. A classic.

Games I'm not sure if they are making sequels or not for but which need them and were set up for more games are:

Psychonauts - The funniest and most imaginative game I've ever played. Also fantastic voice acting and a lot of fun. It would be nice to see the world outside of the camp and explore more minds.

The Dreamfall series - I actually thought the second game had a satisfying conclusion while leaving much up in the air for that final game which hopefully we will see. The first two both have fascinating stories and we need to see what happens to these characters we've grown to love.

Beyond Good and Evil - Another great game that begs for a sequel.

Arc the Lad - Ok the last game sucked, but I love the first two. They are fantastic games. The second one imo is one of the best games ever. The third one was tedious but still good. I love twilight of the spirits too. I hope to see more from this series.

I agree about Chrono, what the hell happened there? We need more from this series but hopefully not a mute character this time.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Baldurs gate 3 would have been so good. =((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrus View Post
    It's because Insomniac (along with Naughty Dog, who made Crash Bandicoot) were originally part of Universal, but after a while they didn't like the business politics and had enough money to go on their own. But when they left, they had to leave the rights behind to their flagship titles. So the games have been handled by its original team, hence lacklusterness with little chance of getting better again.
    That and they only signed a 3 game deal

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Ancient View Post
    Vagrant story was only the prequel to the story of Ashley Riot. I would love to see his battles staying in the dark and his struggles against the cardinal that we only hear about during the game. This has one of the best stories in any video game with some of the best dialogue ever. A classic.
    Hell yeah. FFXII references Vagrant Story a couple of times, but since untold centuries separate the two stories there are only passing mentions and no revealing facts.

The Crash series. Well it's STILL alive, but then again, Naughty Dog or whatever it is now isn't developing the games anymore, and now the games lack the...charm that the older ones had.

Valkyrie Profile too. Well...it's STILL alive, but after VP2 was released, something striked to me like...there would be no more VP games.

Blog Entries

Default Games that need a sequel

Radiata stories

if its been done, go ahead and close this

Joke post go/

More Final fantasy 7 sequels

*end joke post*

Conkers Bad Fur Day.

What a fantastic game.
    Thanks to Sir Edeon X for signature
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer

Lufia. Sure it had 2 good sequels and a craptastic spin-off, but they never finished the series and made the last game which would of finally explained all the loose ends, such as the main bad guy they revealed in the second game and showed once, but never had mention of him every again. >.<
    This space intentionally left blank.