View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clinton

5 9.09%
  • Obama

40 72.73%
  • Edwards

3 5.45%
  • Other

7 12.73%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Which democrat are you or are you not supporting?

Joseph Biden WTF! He know's what he's doing he will get our men outta there...too bad everyone but me must think he sucks infected rabbit testicles...

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Biden may be considered popular, but he's far from good. He's about as big-government as you can get when it comes to drug policy and gun control. He helped create the so-called "Drug Czar" position, and he's worked on a bunch of anti-drug laws, including assinine laws towards illegalizing steroids. And from what I've heard, he also has yet to say the Iraq war needs to be ended outright, and has since stressed alternative strategies.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Looks like Ohio and Texas could prove pretty decisive. In terms of actual delegates, Obama is ahead at the moment. Supposedly Clinton leads in both of those two states, though if she loses them then I'd imagine Obama would win. Of the two, as I've said, I'd prefer Clinton, though both Democratic candidates seem preferable to anything the Republican Party put forward.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Only by a hundred or so. Even then, since Democratic primaries are proportional, even if she wins, she won't win everything. She is supposed to be ahead, but recently her numbers have been falling. Furthermore, Superdelegates can change their minds at any time, though it seems unlikely. If she does win by a fair margin, it won't serve to create a potential nominee, it'll just bring us back a peg by lessening the gap between the two.

I'd elaborate further, but unfortunately, I have somewhere to go as of now. I'll edit or add when I get back.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I understand the process perfectly. My point was, should Clinton lose Texas and Ohio by a significant proportion it would make the eventual winner more clear than if she were to win both of those states. That would be because it would push her rival further ahead and that Ohio (like Wisconsin) was considered more of a Clinton state than an Obama one at the beginning of the race and would show she's losing support among her own main supporters.

Clinton winning both those states would simply ensure that she remains as big player in the race as she is currently; put simply she can't afford to fall further behind. Proportional or not, winning more states offers at least a symbolic victory. The point I was making was that after Super Tuesday, Clinton was fairly clearly ahead in the delegate count and thus she's lost ground since.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Ahh, I see.

I like how this thread is basically ground zero for political discussion, yet the Republican thread had, what, three pages, and half of it was talking about the Green Party. That and the internet being nothing but South Park-influenced liberals.

That being said, I would prefer that Obama crush Clinton in the remaining states. I don't believe that any of them hold caucuses as opposed to primaries (I could be wrong), for Obama seems to do better in caucuses. Democrats need to wrap it up before hardcore conservatives start realizing that they are missing the big picture.

^Texas is one third caucus I think.

And stop generalising Democrats. Im a liberal and I havent seen an episode of South Park in my life.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, far be it for a registered Democrat to talk about other Democrats in a critical manner. We shouldn't talk about our own at all. Let the spin do that.

Hyperbole, perhaps, but still very much representative of said population.

^I dont know what the hell you're going on about.

Ehhh, its getting late and Im feeling stupider by the minute. For someone as intelligent as me, that's not a good sign.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

What an unfortunate name Obama has...

^Yeah, Obama has bin Laden with Al-Qaeda problems.

Get it?

Obama has been laden with all kinds of problems. Teeeheheeeheee!

clicky clicky clicky

Articles
    Blog Entries

Obama, 'nuff said.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Yeah, far be it for a registered Democrat to talk about other Democrats in a critical manner. We shouldn't talk about our own at all. Let the spin do that.

Hyperbole, perhaps, but still very much representative of said population.
    You sound slightly paranoid, mate. Does it really matter what other members of such a large group say about each other on a site that has relatively little in common with said group (i.e are registered democrat and post at EoFF)? I don't think Fox News can get you here

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I don't think Fox News can get you here
    They are so smurfing after me. It keeps me up at night. They want my blood.

Wasn't there a whole spiel about someone claiming that Obama was Muslim, and it turned out to be false or something? I just never understood that whole situation.

^Fox lied, and said he went to a Madrasah which taught fundamentalist Islam.

clicky clicky clicky