Thread: STOP WITH THE STUPID PALING AND MAGICK BARRIER!!!!!!

Angry STOP WITH THE STUPID PALING AND MAGICK BARRIER!!!!!!

Okay, i can make my to Zodiark fairly easily, fighting past all the monsters and Zodiark itself isn't much of a problem. Just when i get hitdown to about 10% of his health, it casts a paling (immune to physical attacks) and a magick barrier on itself. CONTINUOSLY!!!! I can't hurt it after that! And it just kills me. It just keeps casting Darkja. And another thing. I have armour equipped that absorbs darkness damage but sometimes he still hurts me with that darkja attack. Any ideas?

Zodiark's Darkja has an instant death chance tied to it. This is not blockable by even Ribbon that I remember.

Zodiark will become painful at 10% if you don't have a strong magic offensive. He likes to keep reflect on himself. He also likes to counter dispelling him with an anti-magic barrier. You dispel his reflect, he will put up a magic barrier.

To avoid this, you can use an accessory that allows your spells to pierce reflect, or you can reflect your own party members and bounce spells off them first(negating his reflect).

I've also seen Zodiark's paling drop and my characters get in a few shots because one of my characters was casting a long cast-time spell and it was in wait mode, forcing Zodiark to wait on recasting his paling until my character was done casting, letting my melee characters get some shots in.
    Last edited by ValiantKnight; 01-13-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Oh, instant death. That explains it. Thanks ValiantKnight. I'll go try that out now.

FullMetal Dope XD ~ Hot ~ rayquaza0's Avatar

Default Help

The item which ignores reflect status is ++Opal Ring++
    Oh and when Zodiark's about to use Paling just use a quickening before he activates it and get a blackhole concurence, worked easily with me =\

:greenking

darn... i got the balck hole stuff when i got him to like 13-15% hp but it didn't kill him... and my main party was leveled 92-93 too...
    I NEED SIG. I NEED SIG.
    CAN ANYONE GIVE ME? I'LLGIVE ALL MY LOVIN' TO THEE IF YOU GIVE ME. SIG. PLS??????
    :mog: :mog:

(SPOILER)PEE KA BOO!

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud88 View Post
    Oh, instant death. That explains it.
    Shell gives you a 50% chance of blocking instant death - that could make things a little easier.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The 1st & only time I fought Zodiark I beat him down too the point where his health bar on screen was as near to empty as possible his next Darkja instant death my entire party. Your thread has made me want to fight him again havent touched FF12 in months.