Thread: EGM loses game submissions, gains integrity

Default EGM loses game submissions, gains integrity

Journalism: 3 Companies Bar EGM From Coverage Following Poor Reviews

That's pretty cool when you think about it. :P Too bad I'll never be able to play Prince of Persia again without thinking about what whiney bitches that made it.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I don't think this is 'new' for them (I'm pretty sure I've seen/heard it mentioned several times before in their blogs and podcasts and such), but I think it's the first time they've said it in as public a place. And with names.

A little ballsy for him to namecheck 'em like that, but he's biting the hand that's not feeding them anyway.

The content of some of EGM/1up's reviews tend to skew more towards the negative side (regardless of the game's final score) so I suppose that could be part of their complaint. Ubisoft pulling out is pretty surprising, but I don't really care about Sony Sports or Mortal Kombat so that part isn't such a big loss.

Really I think this just means that these companies won't be sending them free/advance copies of games for review or preview, so if they want to review some major release they'll have to buy it when it comes out. It'll make them sorely out of date though, so they probably won't bother and just leave it to the website.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

bah! Game reviews are always biased nowadays. FFXII got an almost perfect score by most reviewers, then never made it onto "best of" lists. You know there's something goofy with it. The game companies force the scores up in hopes of increasing sales.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs: