Thread: Getting the sword

Default Getting the sword

Ok, sorry but I forgot the name of that sword you get after talking to the Grand Kiltias, but anyway:

So in the crypt place where you supposedly get the sword that the grand kiltias tells you about, theres a hugs statue with it's sword blocking a passageway. im guessing the sword is in there, since ive explored everywhere else. Thing is, I havent been able to find out how to get rid of that sword/barrier. Is it something to do with those little statues that you can turn throughout the place? My game is in german, and my german isnt that great (cut-scenes are english thoguh so I haven't really understood how to do this... any help is well appreciated!

Thanks!

FullMetal Dope XD ~ Hot ~ rayquaza0's Avatar

Default SOK?

Are u talking about the Sword of Kings?
    I think i remember it being actually on a wall, but dont listen to me, i havent been at that stage for ages, Im sorry =\

:greenking

You need to turn the statues so they face the center of the shrine, I believe.

time for 2nd chances Anno Domini's Avatar

after you turn the statues, fight viniskuar and mateus (behind the collosus) swords enshrined on a wall, walk away. Level 33 makes life easy to. thats my two cents.

Polaris is the master of all sig-making!

as marysonnie said you have to turn all the statues where they face the center of the shrine...

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I defeated this level at lvl 26.. i b awsomesauce

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Tips, when fighting Viniskuar, don't equip anything metal. There is an area effect that makes anybody equipping metal move very slow.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You should keep up with the latest equipment to ensure that you have no trouble with the surrounding enemies and bosses, too. You may wander around a lot because of needing to turn the statues the right way, you know?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

you want to have the decent armor to kill enemies on your way there but once you get to vinuskar you want to switch over to a mystic armor or cloth armor to keep the slow down that is automatically in the room....

...but remember to switch back for Mateus, as she can be tough...tip, reflected Thundara=Win

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyxsora View Post
    Tips, when fighting Viniskuar, don't equip anything metal. There is an area effect that makes anybody equipping metal move very slow.
    I always wondered... which weapons can you use without getting slowed down? Fighting empty-handed would probably be even harder than carrying a metal weapon and being a bit slower....

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I always wondered... which weapons can you use without getting slowed down? Fighting empty-handed would probably be even harder than carrying a metal weapon and being a bit slower....
    Use whatever weapons you want. Only armor is affected. In fact, I believe it just affects Heavy Armor. Both Light and Mystic are fine.

I say go with the metal though. More fun.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Use whatever weapons you want. Only armor is affected. In fact, I believe it just affects Heavy Armor. Both Light and Mystic are fine.

I say go with the metal though. More fun.
    Heavy and Light armor are both affected... I read the guide about it.. Light armor just won't affect you as much as if you were wearing heavy armor... I just went in with mystic armor so I didn't have to worry about it at all... And yea don't forget to switch back before you go after Mateus...