Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possibly the weirdest thing to happen in the history of ever [Soul Calibur IV]

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    I'd want them in Soul Caliber IV, they look like fun characters to play with and I'd love to play as Darth Vader.
    I agree.
    Besides, most people don't pay attention to the storyline in fighting games anyway.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Really who does pay attention to the story in fighting games? The people who like to complain, I mean when Lui Kang and Raiden popped up in the next to last Mortal Kombat game, most people were like 'Yay!', but few people had to ruin it because there was no logical reason. Take it has it is, fanservice. Fanservice has no logic and I'm not talking the nekkid type of fanservice ;p

And Lightsabers are the coolest weapon ever. Whether or not you like Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Larahl View Post
    Besides, most people don't pay attention to the storyline in fighting games anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni Legacy View Post
    Really who does pay attention to the story in fighting games? The people who like to complain
    H8!

This is amazing.

Cheers to Polaris for the set!

Final Fantasy's completed: I, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Really who does pay attention to the story in fighting games? The people who like to complain
    H8!
    QFLink to Award Winning Soul Calibur Story FAQ by Roto.
    and also since Roto's text is usually grey people might overlook it

I don't think this is as big of a deal as Super Moves or The Disappearance of Ivy's Clothes in the 'this is destroying Soul Calibur' category, becuase I can just ignore characters. I might not like them existing there, but as long as NamcoBandai doesn't make them get in the way I can ignore them. (Though I'm pretty sure the Star Wars thing comes more from the Bandai side of the family than the Namco side)

I still think it's funny though.
    Last edited by JKTrix; 01-10-2008 at 08:47 PM.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think this is great. The earlier games have already established that the soul swords are powerful enough that they'll draw warriors from other times and even other worlds.

It's flimsy, but it's more than enough for me The sheer amount of epicness offered by this news far outweighs the monumental bitching and whining it's generated on the internet.

And to those who complain about light sabers versus swords... we already know from the movies that light sabers can't cut certain metals at all, or at least not easily. We'll just have to assume that spring steel is one of those metals Besides, both the weapons and the people in the Soul games are remarkably durable, resisting the kind of abuse that would instantly destroy their real-world counterpart. So there.

I'm really looking forward to SCIV's character creation, if it's going to have it.

I'm gonna jokingly speculate about other possible crossover characters... hmm.

Captain Picard is a fencer, so they could give him a rapier and let him go nuts.

Final Fantasy characters have been kind of done to death in crossovers lately, so they'd be surplus to requirements but still cool.

Solid Snake and his commando knife... that'd be neat. Especially since he doesn't like swords.

Indiana Jones' whip would make up for the general lack of flail weapons in the games.

And last, but not least... the Black Knight, of Monty Python's Holy Grail fame. Hell yes. Especially if King Arthur was available too. Plenty of great soundbites available from the movie to give them perfect in-game dialogue.

I know none of this is likely to happen, but it's fun to speculate anyway.

The only logical bonus character left to them is the King of Sparta.

Light Sabers not slicing through regular swords (and people) with ease is no harder to believe than Vader fighting Voldo, anyway. ;P My suspension of disbelief can go that far.

I really don't mind these guys as long as they're integrated like the bonus characters from SC II.

Also, Anakin Skywalker for Darth's 2p costume?

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Also, Anakin Skywalker for Darth's 2p costume?
    No plz?[q=NeoCracker]The only logical bonus character left to them is the King of Sparta.[/q]If it wouldn't amount to a literary atrocity, I'd suggest the film versions of some of Tolkien's characters. Witch-King of Angmar, anyone? I've already used SCIII's character creation to make both versions of Gandalf

All this does is tell me that they can't come up with any good characters on their own. Sure some are cool, but when the best ones are always from other games, there is a problem. When people buy Soul Calibur 2 to play as link, or Soul Calibur Legends, to play as Lloyd, or now, SC4 to play as Vader... are you really selling your game?

Just seems like a cheap way to make sure your game sells.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I can see how someone might think that. But SC II was great and SC III is pretty good too. (Except it should have been an arcade game first.) The new characters in III were pretty awesome, but they weren't really well implemented gameplay-wise. Being Darth Vader wouldn't fix that.

H8!
    Well, um... You're special.

Anyway, I see people like to complain about it so much, the more the merrier.
    Besides, the more new charatcer like Yoda and Darth Vader, the more epic lulz we'll get.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is just to draw a larger fanbase and sell more games. I'm boycotting Soul Calibur IV already, however, because of Ivy. Hey look, we've written a story that creates this strong, smart female character? Let's let every instance of story telling lead to her defeat by a mysterious man/demon AND let's take off all of her clothes!

Signature by rubah. I think.

I agree with the removal of Ivy's clothes. Who's with me, guys?

Blog Entries

Well, it increases the game's popularity, but destroys any sense of character besides being a prostitute.