Thread: Personal suggestions on how to improve the battle system...

Banned

Default Personal suggestions on how to improve the battle system...

In this game, your HP and MP, among other things, are only increased if you actually end a battle with low HP and MP.
    I've actually got a new idea, though...

I think that HP and MP (and Vitality and M.Power alike) should increase from hits and the amount of magics used instead.
    In other words, your HP and Vitality would increase from the number of hits you receive.
    For example, if Firion is hit for crappy damage, he'll have to be hit like that about 20 times before his HP increases; if he receives medium damage, he'll need to be hit 10 times; and if he gets hit for more the 70% of his max HP, then his HP would increase at once when the battle is over.
    Same should go for MP and M.Power: instead of draining your own MP like crazy in order to receive an increase after the battle, the game should calculate the number of spells you use, and increase your MP after you've used magic spells the required number of times.

This is somewhat similar to the system already used, but in my case the game calculates actual hits and magic uses, rather than low HP and MP after the battles.

Blog Entries

Let's get Square on the phone pronto.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    Let's get Square on the phone pronto.
    Don't think they'll want to talk to me again after I sent 145 pizzas their way.

They should just take all of FFII and replace it with a good game like FFIV.

Oh wait.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

just make all the magic worth more!