Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    Oh no the homo-eroticism.
    Hey I didn't start any of that stuff last year, it was all Psy and Iceglow, their out to corrupt America's Youth I tell you :/
    FOA

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Psychotic is secretely a girl named Paula so wanting to rape her hard is not gay! However, she is looking like a bag full of spanners! Now as for the homo-eroticism, Jack is a damn fountain of the stuff he merely exists to be told he's in smurfin narnia!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    I'll be going to this.
    So long as you don't spend the difference between being able to go to Edinburgh and not being able to go to Edinburgh on it >=O
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I'll only go if Alice supplies me with a top hat.
    llol, i'll find you a goddamn top hat and bring it over...on my pen0r

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Is it OK if I come?
    Yes its ok if you come, is that even a question!?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    I actually told you to get your cute lil' butt here for EASTER :P [/i]
    LOL, either way, i'm coming~! As for the rules they're put in place for a specific reason, the breaking of these rules will result in you getting raped by psy. I'm sorry, its just the way it is. As for arrangements, we still have about 6 months to go, but costs should be discussed as well as where people are coming from. In all honesty, because i'm all the way in canada, i'm probably gonna end up staying for about a week, but i'm also bringing a friend with me so i'm not stuck in the uk alone, in a hotel room, crying, peeing my pants, scared less.

hahaha, I'M EXCITED! EVEN THOUGH THERE'S HOMOEROTICISM!
    ~*Fizzgig*~

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    North Wales is beyond the Woollen Curtain. Nobody dares venture into it.
    I did. :(

Birmingham is a bit out of the way for me, really. Manchester or Liverpool and I'd consider it, but I really can't foresee circumstances in which I could afford to go to Birmingham or spend a night in a city as foul as Birmingham. Also, too far.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I'd love to go, but i won't be able to this year, save a spot for me next year! ^_^

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Psychotic is secretely a girl named Paula so wanting to rape her hard is not gay! However, she is looking like a bag full of spanners! Now as for the homo-eroticism, Jack is a damn fountain of the stuff he merely exists to be told he's in smurfin narnia!
    Pauline son, Pauline.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now once again, as all the times before when mention of an EoFF meetup begins, arguments and whinging sprouts up about the location, Birmingham for one isn't even 25% as bad as you guys make it out to be, I wonder if any of you have ever been there and really spent time in the city. Strangely London comes up as a location frequently I can say right now. A meetup in London will either involve a REALLY REALLY terrible hotel to keep the costs level with the rest of the UK, or it will involve horrendeously higher fees, greater chance of being mugged, arrested, beaten up, more crime than most cities bar Nottingham actually in the UK. How do I know this? Well aside from having spent the last 22 years of my 22 year long life living in London. I also arranged a mini meetup in London for my birthday to run through I will post details of the hotel involved and the events of my birthday meetup...

The hotel was some old office building converted to a student hostel it cost around 40 quid per night still for a room where the bed was terrible the space spartan the shower and bathroom shared 1 per floor. Only 1 bed per room anyone else either would be crashing on the floor in sleeping bags (and in the room psy got there wasn't even space for more than 1 person really but it cost the same as jack's room which would have slept 3 maybe even 4 if they didn't mind being all on top of each other) I got to crash on chairs put together, god that was not comfortable.

Aside from the very spartan hotel, the complete lack of private amenities....yada yada yada the following took place to Jack on my birthday.

He got very drunk it's true and spent a load of cash so much he indeed believed he had been mugged, this probably had something to do with first some guy in the club beating him up and then later a bouncer doing the same, poor guy got knocked about and thrown out of the club, me and psy had already consigned jack to his fate by this point by leaving earlier pissed off with him for not listening to us when we said he was too drunk and we should go before he upset more boyfriends of girls.

He later almost gets beaten up by some people in leicester square. I count 3 beatings or possible beatings in 1, 4 hour period.

He collapsed on a bridge over the Thames and the only piece of good luck that occurred that night was some goths woke him by poking him with sticks and then helping him get his bearings to stumble back to the hotel.

He then almost got arrested for being drunk by a wpc, he manages to get her to give further directions to the hotel but had to refuse being admitted to hospital for his injuries and alcohol poisoning or intoxication as was more likely.

He gets back to the hotel by about 5am and is given the time he has left before about 9:30am to get the hell rested, cleaned up and out of the hotel room before the staff deposit his belongings on the street outside or charge him for the terrible room again. Note, we were expected to vacate the building both morning of my birthday and morning after by 09:30 or so for the cleaners to go around, that being said it wasn't truly safe to leave belongings in the room either.

Now look at the above and compare to Birmingham:

The hotel rooms come with TV, private bathrooms, soaps and shampoos even toothpaste is provided.

They cost approximately less over 2 nights than the 2 rooms jack hired for my birthday per person and can sleep 3 comfortably on beds which are nice, clean, soft and made.

You don't have to evacuate the building to let the cleaners in and the room is indeed secure and safe for belongings including laptops and ps2s to be left in. You'll find stuff tidied but not missing/messed with.

You don't get beaten up unless you truly provoke the people by stepping on some serious toes, we've NEVER had problems on a birmingham meetup with that, old bats in next door hotel rooms complaining to management yes, punchups in pubs, members getting smacked about by bouncers? no.

London Aquarium costs around £20 a person, traditionally the meetup goes to the birmingham sea life centre...that costs around £12 a person doesn't seem much but thats your lunch right there.

Pizzahut in birmingham tolerates our rowdy, crowd with good graces and pleasant smiles, if we acted like normal even in the queensway branch in london, we'd be asked to leave (for those not realizing, my girl happens to be a trainee manager there alongside a law student) or the police would be involved.

Sure London is the capitol and Ken Livingstone would have you believe it's great and yes in moderation if you don't get drunk or are from around the area you'll be ok, generally because you'll walk away or know how to handle yourself. However I really think a london meetup with all the trimmings of a normal meetup would cause a lot more problems.

oh and last thing: Hotel room based off a booking for the 15th april 2008 with Britannia hotels 1 nights, 2 adults standard twin/double room (the ones we've used for the last 2 meetups)

Birmingham hotel we use normally: £69 a night
    London Britannia international (the most centrally located hotel they own in London): £185 a night.

Need I truly post any more comparisions, a London 1 day travel card costs for an adult anything from £6.80 - £15.00 depending on how many zones required, most likely 1 - 4 which costs: £9.40 a day. In Birmingham you travel for free since all of the main things are in walking distance of the hotel through heavily pedestrianised city centre areas.

Lets, please please consider this one, London in all honesty is not a good location for a meetup especially not when you can go to a 3 star hotel (if I recall the rating for birmingham correctly) for £20 a night more split between all who go who stay at the hotel. 3 or 4 of you sleep in that twin room and it's down to about £22 a night, maybe even less or the more people going the less it costs.

Where are the international airports?
    ~*Fizzgig*~

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

sillybuttons and Hazzard, you'd both be welcome.

The rules are there for a good reason. A gang of adults (I use the term loosely) encourages teens they meet on the internet to sneak out behind their parents' backs to meet them and spend the night with them in a hotel room. Said teen is plied with copious amounts of alcohol and exposed to...*shudder*...furries. The Daily Mail and Panorama would team up to rape our eyeballs out, man.

Anyway, the non-violence thing is bull. At the last meet up, they all piled on top of poor sick and ill me. One half of my face ended up being smothered by Amy's boobs, which was pure torture of course. The other half was the recipient of a crazy diving punch from Jack. And then Steve, oh man that crazy smurfer, he grabs my balls and squeezes them. Why? I don't know. Maybe he just thinks I'm pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    I'll be going to this.
    Oh don't get their hopes up like that you wicked man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fail
    Pauline son, Pauline.
    Vancouver took a bit more thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
    Where?

Wow... Meet-Up stuff. Why do I feel responsible?

MY DRUNKEN NIGHT IN LONDON

He got very drunk it's true and spent a load of cash so much he indeed believed he had been mugged, this probably had something to do with first some guy in the club beating him up and then later a bouncer doing the same, poor guy got knocked about and thrown out of the club, me and psy had already consigned jack to his fate by this point by leaving earlier pissed off with him for not listening to us when we said he was too drunk and we should go before he upset more boyfriends of girls.

He later almost gets beaten up by some people in leicester square. I count 3 beatings or possible beatings in 1, 4 hour period.

He collapsed on a bridge over the Thames and the only piece of good luck that occurred that night was some goths woke him by poking him with sticks and then helping him get his bearings to stumble back to the hotel.

He then almost got arrested for being drunk by a wpc, he manages to get her to give further directions to the hotel but had to refuse being admitted to hospital for his injuries and alcohol poisoning or intoxication as was more likely.

He gets back to the hotel by about 5am and is given the time he has left before about 9:30am to get the hell rested, cleaned up and out of the hotel room before the staff deposit his belongings on the street outside or charge him for the terrible room again. Note, we were expected to vacate the building both morning of my birthday and morning after by 09:30 or so for the cleaners to go around, that being said it wasn't truly safe to leave belongings in the room either.
    Cheers for that Iceglow. Don't I look like a prat now? I will probably add that I DID get some money stolen. All I got were cuts and bruises and a bloody nose. We have knives in Swansea.

COMPLAINTS

Anyway, since some people have some serious shame factors with their parents and won't just admit that they like FF, let me explain. In the UK (before you ask, the event is in the UK, so thats valid for all), because of the following reasons:

CRIMINAL ACTION

While I can understand you're thinking, I'd just like to say this:
    You're wrong.
    Say something goes wrong, criminally. There is a fight. The Police are called.

A child under ten is not considered to be capable of deciding whether an action is right or wrong. They cannot be taken to court and charged with a criminal offence.
    If you are aged ten but under 14 years old you are considered to be responsible for a criminal offence and are treated in the same way as any young person under 18. This means that you can face criminal proceedings, although your case will normally be dealt with in a youth court.
    If you are under 18, you cannot normally start court proceedings in your own name and a litigation friend - usually your parent (or guardian) - must act on your behalf.
    Interestingly...

A parent can be held liable for their child’s negligence if the parent failed to take reasonable care to see that the child did not cause harm to others.
    And if that isn't enough:

1995 CHILD LAW ACT
    Defines child as a person under 18. Parental responsibilities under the Act supersede analogous common law duties imposed on parents but do not replace specific statutory duties. Parental rights end when the child reaches 16. Parental responsibilities or duties end also end at that age except the responsibility to give a child guidance, which lasts until a young person reaches 18
    Legally, while YES you can do "what you like", your parents/guardians STILL have the legal authority when it comes to "guidance". As such, because THE LAW backs us up, we'd like to know you've had your parents "guidance" when it comes to the matter.
    I don't think you're looking at this from our perspective. Try it. This meet-up is created by members for members. We have no "official" backing for this from Eyes On Final Fantasy - Largest Final Fantasy Resource Online for this. As such, all blame is directed at US. Did you read that? US.

Don't know about you, but I don't want to be connected to some smurfing allegations of internet horror stories.

For example, if you "do what you like", then if you get arrested/have a accident then your parents have to be informed (as such of you being under 18). Imagine explaining (If you're alive) to them you were at a Internet meet-up in Birmingham...
    No doubt, your parents will BLAME US. Again: BLAME US. The subsquent investigation will do the following to us:

- Disrupt our lives. I'm sure Iceglow has better things to do then be questioned about what happened to YOU
    - Damage our reputation. I'm sure my family/friends/work will be THRILLED when i'm part of a investigation involving a "stranger" at a Internet meet-up
    - Hurt eyesonff.com reputation by association. I'm sure the admin will LOVE that.
    - Prevent future meet-ups for fear of this sort of thing happening again.

As much as we'd love you to come, we like ourselves better than we like you. (No offence) and we're only asking we speak to your guardians or someone who knows of where you are and why. We appreciate their guaidance. After all, you are still a child.

P.S-
    As for forging in Zeldy, hilariously, we can still show that form in our defence. That would mean our blame factor is off our heads. However, I wouldn't forge that because that means we can sue your parents for stress and inonvnience. :P Also, we'd just send you home! Sweet eh?

MISC.

Oh, yeah count me in. Easter or September... Although the latter may be harder because I think I'm holiday-ing with the fianceé.

As for "its too far" : It costs me from Swansea £7 on the train which is 2.5hrs. Wow people, you really have it bad.
    Last edited by Jack; 01-15-2008 at 09:03 PM.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
    Where?
    In around the meetup area. Its just i`m gonna be coming from Vancouver international, so i`ll need to know where to go.
    ~*Fizzgig*~

As much as you guys are trying to ruin this with banking regulations and fiddle contest waivers, I'd like to go to one of these. It's been a while since I spent a night in a hotel room with a bunch of people I'd met the previous hour.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

By the way, we totally need a subtitle for the Wiki. Otherwise I can't update and frollick with the sheep...

The wiki has been given a re-design and new pages. Now fully linked and stuff, check it out.
    Last edited by Jack; 01-15-2008 at 03:16 PM.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"