Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Uk Meetup 2008. ROUND TWO!

Give me some time to see if I have money... like maybe two weeks? I'll let you know then.

Guys, newer members are allowed, and encouraged. We need some kind of proof that people still give a about this place

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I can't get another holiday now until first week of April xD If I begin now I might be able to get some covers for the weekend but it's doubtful
    FOA

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pink Grin

I might be coming, but I can't give a definite yes yet.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You need to get that sorted loki I won't accept phoning Daniel Towns without your innocent phone number to hide behind!<br><br>Now seriously, if your interested please please let us know, I'm willing to relax about parental consent forms IF you are comming for the day not the weekend and are willing to deny any such meetup occurred.<br><br>PS. Jack I may have slept HALF naked in your lounge on the sofa but I did not eat the pringles because as we well know I deteste crisps/chips of any variety. (excepting fries)

Just a price update:

Room prices for the 21st -23rd are now at:

Single: £56.50
    Double and twin rooms: £61.00
    Triple: £79.00

If i'm going to book this, i'd like to have the number of people staying at the hotel no later than Friday 29th Feb.
    For preference, the sooner the better, otherwise we run the risk of having no rooms to book.
    Would I be pushing it to ask for the final details within the next week?
    Round Two. Maybe.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

March = lol school

So, no chance of me even being anywhere near England, let alone at a meetup. Oh well. Maybe another time!

Blog Entries

Due to the easter weekend this year being a "financial smurfup" for so many, and a bit of a crap time for some of the others me and Jack earlier were considering a break from tradition and organising the meetup on to another weekend, theres 2 in mind please please please be quick getting back to Jack or myself directly as to if you could possibly make these days:<br><br>Friday March 28th through to Sunday March 30th<br><br>or<br><br>Friday April 4th through to Sunday Arpril 6th<br><br>We're thinking the same pattern meetup as last year with 2 nights in the hotel since this is a good design with the least "aww I gotta keep off the drink because I  got a train at 8am" situation, so indicate on the hotel requests if it's 1 or 2 nights you're with us.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow, you guys get really organized for this.

Imagine what world problems you could fix if you directed all of this energy towards them...
    Figaro Castle

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

THE REAL BIG DEAL
    Why do eoff-ers have such a DEAL talking to their parents? Seriously. They gave birth to you, and you don't even trust them to allow you out the house. I understand teenage rebellion, I used to be one (Until Iceglow turned up at my house and proceeded to sleep naked in my living room eating Pringles) and yeah, I understand. But honestly, why do you think that a simple "sign this" disclaimer which just protects people (which are on the same side as you) from legal problems. Why are you so against this? Yes, it may be embarassing to admit to your parents "Hi, I like people from the internet" and then go. But is that really worth us throwing all caution to the wind and hoping something won't go wrong?
    Life isn't like that. God, some people can be such CHILDREN at times.

xDDDDD oh my. No, parents are more worried that these "people from the internet" could be old men who just want to do bad things to their son or daughter, actually, so it is a BIG DEAL. I know that my parents would never even consider allowing me to meet up with, in their opinion, "complete strangers" because they think that "anything could happen".

[/end].

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Wow, you guys get really organized for this.Imagine what world problems you could fix if you directed all of this energy towards them...
    Given the right funding, the necessary governmental powers we could between us remove world debt, destroy cancer aids and a whole other bunch of nasties and also make world peace that truly works the cost: several billion us dollars, world religion and snacks, lots of snacks and alcohol!

I would only be available for the second option: April 4th - 6th. And even then, i'd only turn up in the afternoon/evening of the 4th as i'll be coming straight from work.
    Round Two. Maybe.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions

I hear that if you move it from the Easter Weekend Jesus won't be able to make it, sounds like a risk to me?
    FOA

I'm available to come on any of those dates. Sign me up for whenever you decide to have them, i can easily get covers for those shifts.
    ~*Fizzgig*~

NO, THIS IS THE BIG DEAL
    No, parents are more worried that these "people from the internet" could be old men who just want to do bad things to their son or daughter, actually, so it is a BIG DEAL
    Please explain who the big deal is for. Honestly. The entire gist of your complaint is that you have no faith in your parents (which I find terrible) and want to do things behind their back. How is that better? Is it protects you from any "shame"? We've made it clear we have no problem showing you what we look like. Hell, we even met someone's parents. We have no problem, we're not trying to do these things in secret.
    The disclaimer is designed to protect us, it protects our rights, it acknowledges that your parents are your guardians and allows us not to worry that we're gonna get accused of whisking you away from them without their consent.

I know that my parents would never even consider allowing me to meet up with, in their opinion, "complete strangers" because they think that "anything could happen".
    (I like to point out here that I first came to these meet-ups when I was just 17. I didn't get raped, nor did I get abused.)
    I'm sorry, but your attitude is childish and single-minded. You prefer things covered up, in secret, at the risk of people with jobs, degrees, relationships = RESPONSIBILITIES.
    Have you seen Mr Murat, concerning the Maddie McCann case? His life has been splashed on all the papers, his life is ruined. Best bit: He might not have done anything. An extreme example, but how easy stuff can be ruined. Did you know charges relating children don't go away? Explain how my fianceé (who is aware of this meet-up and may even go) will feel with her fiance with a child abuse accusation on his record?
    By the way, if you personally think I am an old man looking to perv, here's me and my fianceé:

I am 20. I actually did child-care (and therefore vetted by the Goverment.) I go to University. I have a normal job. I live with my fianceé. I like to think of myself as normal, and happy.

Now you tell me that you would prefer to keep a "nice" relationship with your parents rather than protect my wonderful life. Some of these people involved are my friends, my actual IRL friends who meet up for birthdays, anniversaries, get-togethers. I would fight tooth and nail to protect them from getting their lives ruined. That's what friends do.
    I know some people here have complained about these disclaimers (which is laughable, considering its a tick-box and an signature) because they seem too much, for what is supposed to be a fun get-together. Well, I'm sorry, but I like me, I love my fianceé and (in a platonic way) I love my friends. Their lives matter more then your (IMO) silly attitude concerning your parents.

As such, this is a big deal.

DATES

Rant over. When it comes to dates, the latter is seemingly more popular, so I'm gonna rally everyone up for them. I'm gonna assume they're better for everyone. So unless Iceglow (I'll call him tomoz) says different, the latter is best.

List
    Iceglow
    Jack
    zorander
    Baloki
    agrias

Last edited by Jack; 01-27-2008 at 04:48 PM.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Whichever weekend it is, it looks like I can come!

Just waiting for an update on which weekend so I can book it off work.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 01-25-2008 at 03:29 PM.