Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

Thread: Uk Meetup 2008. ROUND TWO!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Let's simply pick a different weekend. The third or forth in April?

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    which means more iceglow in eoff and also on xbox live
    About time, whore.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow this is going down faster than the titanic, now guys (in particular those who believe these things need no arranging can you understand the necessity for some focus and dedication to arranging the meetups?)

Ok comments aside, I'm looking at the calendar, we're down one hero, one jack, possibly one baloki and jess so far. I suggest we may have to call it off or go smaller scale if we go ahead. Now a rain check will make it so we can gain a hero, I'm not sure about jack comming back in time for it but we can beat his ass if he doesn't. 4 - 6th is looking bad too, strange how we cancelled it being over easter due to the financial mess of things it would make...seems pretty ironic to me that the one year we break from the easter weekend tradition and it goes to hell in a handcart faster than concorde did in to that french hotel a few years ago (I should not be allowed to read Jeremy Clarkson's books, they're a bad influence on my already dubious at times humour!) Ok so if we're reconsidering the dates to make it easier I need to get our hotel man in here to give us the lowdown. Zorander! come now!

DK I didn't get that position, however they may have another job soon and I'm topping the list of candidates apparently. So maybe soon however I am now using my laptop at Ewa's house where it will remain for a while.

could it possibly be in the easter holidays

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'll meet up with myself if I have to!

The Titanic has hit the iceberg!
    For reason's i've explained to Iceglow, I can no longer make it for that weekend.
    Hopefully things will look better for the next event.
    Sorry Guys.
    Round Two. Maybe.

Well... I hate to blame people, but I think the reason it is collapsing is because Iceglow's phone went, and without the organiser, it is hard. Not havinga go, it just happened. Stuff happens. I was asked to do a lot for it, but I had exams, my fiancee's situation and work. It was easier when I was younger. Also, Easter itself is earlier this year.
    Plus, how was I supposed to know when my mother-in-law was going to have to go into surgery?

If it does go ahead, well done. However, it might just actually better re-aranging it for later this year. I would be happy sorting something out in October, when University students get their first loan of the year. That might actually be better.

P.S- Psy, I'll sort something where me and Iceglow will come to Nuneton, or you can come to Leicester for a meet-up. Sooner rather than later okay?

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Blog Entries

Ok, basically....the meetup is now the concorde post hitting that french hotel a few years back...it's a mangled wreck and the beautiful bird is dead. (hey who cares about a bunch of french people it's the plane I felt for! lol) Yeah my phone getting cut off is a bit crap and certainly didn't help, we're all as Amratis so eloquently put it on msn to me tonight, busy and poor people. We're not having an easy time of it with our real personal lives atm, Zorander has a major issue, Hero has a date with destiny and heck good luck on ranger school mate I will rip you a new one definitely for it but it'll be good to see you happy and in the rangers, Jack is in poland, I'm disconnected apart from a few days in the week until further notice, Amratis is broke, Loki is broke, Psy is up for anything but then we all know that Therefore we're for the time being going to abandon the meetup plan for april. I reckon we can get something sorted in the summer when the weather will be better, perhaps we can do the long plan that was a pipe talk for many of us...find some place stupid enough not to ban us permanently if we visited for a weeks holiday. Hell let them ban us permanently it'd be a story to tell the kids one day in the future

What do I know for sure? Well, later this year looks positive for many of us, I hopefully soon will have new job and new commitments with this will come better pay and living conditions meaning I might be able to afford much much more and stabilize my net connection, what happened there much to my disgust was in 3 months my sister ran up £360 of phone calls, the deal was I paid the line rental and the internet but since I don't use the landline she was to pay for phone calls, that went out the window on bill one and I should have seen it comming. I eventually after a year and receiving a massive bill (in total it ammounted to around £660) I drew the line in the sand, I paid my £200 line rental and internet fees and left my sister the phone bill to pay, she couldn't afford it and thus because I had drawn a line in the sand I got disconnected from the internet. Now a new job means a new place to live because I WILL move out I cannot live at home forever under the same roof and that dumb dog that calls itself my sibling. New lodgings will bring new internet connection and thus more internet, who knows if I move in to the girlfriends I'll be online a lot more and the net there exists already thus allowing me to be online now

Therefore I'll be looking to do something for my birthday again for sure and would love a bigger and better turn out than last year, yes Jack and Psy are some of my closest friends from this site, but I'd enjoy a bigger group for company...maybe since that birthday is in June we can do something around then if it's good for people (though I doubt so since uni's have exams then) Before then I want to go see people around the country if possible....Jack seriously, lets take Psy to Wales, if we're lucky it'll only cost another tenner when he makes a bad joke about sheep in a cab if we're unlucky us 3 english dogs will be beaten black and blue....it's a fair trade if you ask me!

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Rest in peace, Meetup. :kaocry2:

I cant get my passport patched up in time to make the march meetup guys!

But i totally will plan on comming still, especially during summer. If i get this secretary job and this movie part im auditioning for, i'm damn certain i can save up enough to get there by june.
    ~*Fizzgig*~

Blog Entries

It's not dead...just in cryo-stasis you remember that Jess! I expect you to keep it together and try to get to the meetup WHEN (definitely not an if but a when) it is re-arranged for!

Yeah, we're not giving up. 2008 shouldn't be deprived of our madness IRL. It just needs to be repositioned, at a better time for all people.
    Right Iceglow?

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"