Thread: OH dear... this is gunna hurt me wallet

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    ^Not singular, but a major reason.
    My other announced reasons are (exclusives):
    Tekken 6
    Little Big Planet
    Gran Turismo 5
    White Knight Story

But for me,the biggest reason for buying a PS3 are the next 2 (!) games by Team Ico.They haven't announced them yet but it's confirmed that the team is currently working on 2 PS3 projects...

Well, yes FF XIII is obviously a big reason, but it was one of the many factors that made me buy the PS3. The first one was, PS1 was my first system (yeah, I'm young.) So I played that for ever. Then when PS2 came out, I bought it right away (well, I was still really young, so my parents bough it.) The yeah, I bought the PS3 just to keep the tradition, you know?

Secondly, I don't care what any of you say : Heavenly Sword. Its so amazing! I don't see where all the hate comes from, honestly. Um... Call of Duty 4 is also crazily awesome. I'm looking forward to The Last Remnant, even though I know hardly anything about it. Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, all that fun stuff. Lastly, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was the bomb. Actually, that wasn't lastly, because Folklore sits nicely on my shelf. I've played that game to death and love it! I want to get into Disgaea, don't know if I will, though. And FFvXIII > FFXIII so yeah, both those games, too.

well, if any of you are like me, you'll buy both XIII and XIIIv at the same time, which will be fairly wallet damaging in an of itself (like, 150 bucks!). however, i already sucked it up and bought a ps3 like four months ago...so i dont have to worry about it anymore. besides, buying a 40GB is only 399, plus blu-ray INCLUDED. with a 360, you have to buy the HDDVD seperately for another 200 some dollars, on top of a 300 dollar system. plus, it just seems like these two games are going to change the way we look at RPGs forever, and isn't that worth it anyways?
    yes, i'm a FFXIII fan.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Im glad i already have a PS3 but I definitley didnt buy it just for FFXIII. Ive already played Uncharted: Drake's Fortune which is like one of my favourite games of all time now, also looking forward to new team ico game, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, GTAIV, GT5, Last Remnant, to name a few. So thats really gonna hurt my wallet! I just which FFXIII/Vs werent that far off

Articles
    Blog Entries

Heavenly Sword, yes, is a pretty cool game. It's a little less mindblowing in HD than the previews made it out to be, but it's very fun, and the part where you actually get the heavenly sword was real cool.

I bought the ps3 for more than XIII (MGS4 and GTAIV), plus there's alot of good games coming out and there already are some good ones. I'm not a big racing fan, but motorstorm's pretty fun, I'm enjoying the Don's Edition of the Godfather, plus HS as previously mentioned. It's going pretty good.

Yah mostly because I want to play final fantasy 13 on the PS3.

I do not think the series has lost anything, I had a lot of fun playing 10 and 12. 9 as well as 8 as well , I own them all.

Gettin' a PS3 for graduation , so there is no longer a problem for me.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I will likely buy a Playstation 3 for the following reasons:

1. I want to play Street Fighter IV. I think that this newest fighting game installment will have competitive online play, and that is an important aspect in a fighting game for me. I look forward to being able to play against others from around the world and the Playstation 3 has a relatively easy time accessing network connectivity.
    2. I want to play Final Fantasy XIII. At the current time, this is the only role-playing game that I look forward to on the Playstation 3, as all of the other titles that I see which are currently out are Western titles.
    3. I see a Playstation 3 as slightly more than a typical console. It can do certain things that blur the line between console and computer if you have not been keeping up to date with consoles, or gadgetry, and I can justify the cost of it if I come up with other things to do with it since it is lacking on the game side for me.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    Oh dude, thanks.

Now I just need to buy an xBox360. Which I can get for much cheaper than a Ps3. <3
    Makes no difference, 360's online isn't free, whereas PS3's online is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    Oh dude, thanks.

Now I just need to buy an xBox360. Which I can get for much cheaper than a Ps3. <3
    Makes no difference, 360's online isn't free, whereas PS3's online is free.

I don't mind paying. I pay for MMO's to keep me entertained and Burnout will keep me like 89% more entertained than they will.

time for 2nd chances Anno Domini's Avatar

wow, ither than me there wasnt a single mention of KH3. Kinda suprised

Polaris is the master of all sig-making!

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Anno Domini View Post
    wow, ither than me there wasnt a single mention of KH3. Kinda suprised
    Well, I would have mentioned it, but there has been no official announcement by Tetsuya Nomura or Square Enix about a potential Kingdom Hearts sequel. I mean — I know it's coming, you know it's coming — but, at the same time, I don't want to say that I'm going to buy a Playstation 3 over something that doesn't exist at the moment, you know?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

well Anno Domini, if my brother didn't buy PS3 then I won't buy it untill FF XIII released.
    but hey, here I'm playing PS3 thanx to my brother ^.^

KH mmmmm, luv the game (extremely) but the game story is going backward instead of moving forward.

and that's it
    PS3 owner, but not played RPG yet (teh) :sweatdrop

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Stop it all of you, or I'm going to have to confiscate your PS3's or the monies you have set aside for a PS3.

time for 2nd chances Anno Domini's Avatar

i dont know why but cim made me laugh! i think thats because i imagined the crazy bird avatar saying that line XD

Polaris is the master of all sig-making!