Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: OH dear... this is gunna hurt me wallet

time for 2nd chances Anno Domini's Avatar

awe thanks wolf!

Polaris is the master of all sig-making!

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anno Domini View Post
    wow, ither than me there wasnt a single mention of KH3. Kinda suprised
    Well, I would have mentioned it, but there has been no official announcement by Tetsuya Nomura or Square Enix about a potential Kingdom Hearts sequel. I mean — I know it's coming, you know it's coming — but, at the same time, I don't want to say that I'm going to buy a Playstation 3 over something that doesn't exist at the moment, you know?
    Kingdom Hearts 3 will come, but not for many years. The team working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII is pretty much the same team that was assembled for Kingdom Hearts 1, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. The team is mostly the same for all five of these titles. Right now this team is too busy with Final Fantasy Versus XIII to make a PS 3 Kingdom Hearts 3 game. But Square Enix knows that people want more Kingdom Hearts, so they have decided to make three Kingdom Hearts games right now, they are: ...

Kingdom Hearts: Coded(Cell)
    Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days(DS)
    Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep(PSP)

For these games Shinji Hashimoto is going to be executive producer, Tetsuya Nomura is going to be co-director with another of three guys, Yoko Shimomura is going to be composer, and Tetsuya Nomura is going to be character designer. Other than that I'm not sure how many people we know of are involved.

These three upcoming titles will help appease fan excitement about Kingdom Hearts for the next few years. I think that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be out in Fall 2010 in Usa. After that I think that Tetsuya Nomura and Shinji Hashimoto's team will start work on Kingdom Hearts 3, probably for the Playstation 3. I think that will be out in Usa anytime from Fall 2012 to Fall 2013. We are going to have to wait a while for Kingdom Hearts 3. I recommend researching those three smaller upcoming Kingdom Hearts games for now.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Well, you certainly stated the obvious without stating sources. i digress however.

At the very least, the cost of the PS3 is going down :]

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    you know that FFXIII will also be released for the xbox 360 right?

there was a press release.. has been posted twice on youtube and has been pulled back because of square each time.. so i would hold off until they give the release date and such
    lolz.

Um... yeah, I had FFXIII on my mind when I bought PS3, but also Heavenly Sword, Folklore, MGS4, LittleBigPlanet and etc...

I dont have it yet but my list has grown a little; KH3 FFXII and now Eternal Sonnata

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anno Domini View Post
    Not going to lie, im totally pumped for the coming three ! i wish it wasnt so far away, but what can ya do? with that said, im wondering about the system.

truthfully, i dont care if Xiii branches out to other systems, but this game is going to be one of the main reasons for buying a ps3 , the other reason being kh3.

Now my question: how many people feel the same way- that this game is almost the singular reason to buy a ps3.
    Me here.
    If one game if worth the ps3, this one does.
    But there are many other games to look foward to.
    You can basically live on just the first party games:
    -Warhawk, Resistance 2, Soccom, Killzone 2
    -Heavenly Sword, Lair
    -White Knight Chronicles
    -Eye of Judgment
    and many more of course....

plus the system has many more hardware than most other console don't have or you would have to buy extra, cost much less in the end.

Example:
    PS3: BD/DVD/CD player, Free Online Service, Wi-Fi, Motion-Sensor+Rumble, Replay PS1+PS2, SACD, HDMI, 3X cards, 4USB, 80GB. 499$

Now, let's not say that the additional cost for the same services of other console cost more, let's just say we save by buying a PS3 instead. ok?

X360: DVD/CD player, 2USB, 20GB. 400$
    or Elite +HDMI, 120GB (+100GB). 480$

ok, we would need a wireless connection, +100$ (up to 150$)
    since we are going online, it would cost 50$/year
    for the remaining 5 years approx. +250$
    ok, HD movie player, it's not a BD but there is the HD-DVD with fewer movies on it, not completly the same as the BD player, but it has to do. +100$ (up to 200$)
    no motion-sensor.
    PS3: Dual-Shock 3
    -Rumble, Motion-Sensor, Blue-tooth wireless, 15h charge minimal. 50$
    Xbox 360: Wireless
    -Rumble, wireless, 10h charge minimal. 60$
    we would want to play Xbox games, it can't, buy an Xbox 150$ (up to 200$) or 50$ used.
    buy a seperate SACD player, price ???
    USB Hub 5$-20$ but much ofter less than that 1-2$, son why not make it built in instead?
    each individiual card readers varies at a minimal 15
    $-20$ up to 45$-50$
    buy a bigger HDD if only at 20GB, cost 50$-70$ for 60GB.
    ok let's add up:
    250$ Online Internet Service
    100$ Wi-Fi Wireless Connection
    100$ HD-DVD Player
    10$ for less technology
    150$ for new Xbox
    100$ Card reader

wow with all the money saved, you surely have enought to buy a PlayStation 3!

Extras: (software)
    Internet Browser, Qore, PS Home, great games, more.

My my! Someone did their reaserch!
    Thanks for the facts