Thread: Favorite final confrontation

Default Favorite final confrontation

So which of the final fights was your favorite and why?

Personally I loved all of them thus far (bar Promathia as I've yet to get that far, stupid work always scheduling me anytime a static forms for this). I've always had a fun time doing any final battle thus far as we never go in completely prepared.

Shadow Lord our WHM thought phase 3 started midway through phase 2 and started spamming Curaga II and got hate and died, leaving all the healing onto me (BRD) and the BLM during phase 3. It was a fun and very cliff hanger of a win.

Eald'Narche (or eyepatch as me and my friends have dubbed him) was fun because I'm the only person in my LS to still refuse blink tanking on PLD. So I got to sit there and take AM to the face all the while having our mages spamming cures as fast as they can and shouting colorful language at me.

But my personal favorite fight has to be the last fight of ToAU. The first parts of it were meh, but the second the TRUE final boss showed himself and the battle music (which is epic in and of itself I should add) turned on, it was quite an epic fight. I loved the back drop that turned into sunset, all the while I got some of the best battle effects killing me.

So then which is your favorite final battle of the XI saga?
    This space intentionally left blank.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've only done 1, and we didn't even fight it. A 75 RDM soloed it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

The ToAU was definitely the most fun fight ever. Even when we wiped, it was so fun, we wanted to do it again right away. I would have to say that CoP would come in second, but only because of the CSs you are able to see after the fight.

Yeah I found it amusing for our ToAU fight we had to get 3 PLD's through. They spent like 3 hours only to fail for the PLD before me. On mine we won first time. Wiped at 30%, but RR, rest, and then bad guy smacking time all over again. I must just be the better PLD. >.>
    This space intentionally left blank.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Bahamut.

Apocalypse Nigh just because of the implications in finishing that whole story, and I freaking love that arena.

Bahamut v1 or v2, because I haven't done v2. Bahamut v1 was kind of boring, but v2 seems like it will be much more interesting/hectic/fun.

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Promithia; Bahamut; Ouryu (75 cap); Ark Angels; Alexander!

Although I am looking forward to the Odin Battle in Einjehar. So far I've loved all the Final Battles. I wonder what WoG will be like ^_^b
    Too big.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimage View Post
    Bahamut v1 or v2, because I haven't done v2. Bahamut v1 was kind of boring, but v2 seems like it will be much more interesting/hectic/fun.
    v2 obviously, v1 isn't really a "final battle" it's just a leadup to the other battles, and is easy enough to be laughable at this point. v2 though, especially if you don't melee burn it(over in seconds), and even more crazy if you try to beat it w/out manaburning it either.

Really I even liked the city rank 10 fights back in the day, trying to get through them with 3 or 4 ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalshiva View Post
    Promithia; Bahamut; Ouryu (75 cap); Ark Angels; Alexander!

Although I am looking forward to the Odin Battle in Einjehar. So far I've loved all the Final Battles. I wonder what WoG will be like ^_^b
    Pretty much every battle I enjoy too.

I love the Bahamut battles. I love fighting Ouryu, the Ark Angels, and I can never get tired of the music during the Promathia fight.

Alexander and Apocolypse Nigh. I'm thinking the WoTG final battle will be an epic version of the Shadowlord. I'm prepared to eat my words though.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga