View Poll Results: What is your preferred console? (Try to keep competition out of discussion)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Wii. Now you're playing with Motion Sickness!

7 21.21%
  • The PS3. Now you're playing with t3h 1337 grafix!

6 18.18%
  • The 360. Now you're playing with asses!

6 18.18%
  • The PC. Now you've played Counter-Strike!

10 30.30%
  • I can't decide my preferred console for gaming for reasons not stated in this poll option.

4 12.12%
  • I don't play Video Games at all.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your opinon on your gaming consoles, and your preferred console for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    The lack of decent third-party titles for the Wii bothers me a little bit, but that's something I expected when I bought the console. When I'm honest with myself, I know I got a Wii so I could play Zelda, Mario, and Brawl. Nintendo puts out some fantastic first party games, and those three are enough to justify the console for me. I imagine many others would disagree.
    Keep in mind there's also that Kirby Wii game that has helpers and Kirby able to ride on helpers. (which most likely means cooperative multiplayer madness!!) It better not be cancelled like a lot of other Kirby games have...

Blog Entries

Evastio, that game is like an un-heard of Duke Nukem Forever. It's not coming out.

By the way, Ouch, I think I may have a solution to your internet gaming problem. I'm not sure if your university can tell the difference between a Game Console's connection and a PC's connection if the Game Console's connection is to receive its internet from a PC. So, one thing you could do is get a USB Adapter. Nintendo made one that's specified towards the Wii, but it gets bugged out after a while for unknown reasons. Because of this, I would recommend a 3rd Party USB Dongle that supports more than one system.

But the Virtual Console is always hard to connect to, anyway. It just decides to not work for anyone at certain times, which is usually all the time.

Banned

i've been really into just playing my snes and psx. i'm currently playing ffix and secret of evermore and i couldn't be happier. flashy graphics don't interest me as much as the telling of a good story or fun gameplay, which is inherent in both aformentioned games.

however, if i had to pick a new console, i would pick the wii. it's just a lot of fun. but after that, i don't know if i'd pick the ps3 or the xbox 360. i'd probably just go down the cheaper route and pick an xbox and play all the games i've always wanted to play but couldn't.

PC. It will always be the best when it comes to graphics so theres no point for me to be arguing about whether to get a PS3 or 360 based on graphics. The only reason I'd get a 360 would be for Halo 3, and I've never been that interested in it anyway. I will end up getting a PS3 for all the Square games being made for it, because and multi platform games (Bioshock, Orange Box) are always better on PC anyway.

I will be getting a Wii soon, mainly because of Brawl. I was an avid SSB fan and missed out on Melee, so now its time for me to hit back especially now that the game's become so big.
    Thanks to Sir Edeon X for signature
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer

Well, i only chose the PS3 because of the games that i wanted. Yeah, i wanted some games from the 360, but overall in the long run the PS3 was more efficient for me. In my mind, the Ps3 had more game options for me.

I mean, i only planned on getting the PS3 for FF, but i ended up getting assassins creed. Seeing all the up coming games, i saw SF4 which also helped me notice i made the right choice.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

For personal use, I would go with PC. For online use, again, I would go with PC - but only because I haven't gone online with anything else. For group (all at the same location) usage, it has to be a console, and in the long run I have no idea which the better party console will be.

For personal gaming on a console, I think in the end I will opt for a PS3. With rumble controllers and without six-axis, of course. I'm not keen on the whole movement thing.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

ive been into the ps2 for many years now and think its time to move on.

so ps3 here i come

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I'm the kind of guy who has his ear to the ground when it comes to games, so I tend to sniff out most things of value if they pop up. I don't want to miss anything, so I have to try everything (though I rarely finish anything). While I can afford it.

The Wii has a decent group of 3rd party gems, exclusive or otherwise. It's just a shame that they're so hard to find when you're flooded by crappy games on one side and Mario on the other, since that's what everyone else sees. Some of the 'gems' even look like a lot of the 'crap', which is also unfortunate. I have a few Wii games that I come back to repeatedly, in addition to the few games I have in my usual 'wii rotation'.

PS3 is all about potential. It's been out of the "I played that on 360 last year" stage for a little while now, and with the upcoming release of the DualShock 3 things should only continue to get better. Seriously, the lack of rumble doesn't bother you when you get used to it. But once you get it again, you won't go back. My SIXAXIS is packed away in a drawer somewhere with my other 'old' game controllers. I'm only excited about a couple of upcoming exclusives, but even the several multiplatform games are something to look forward to. One of the PS3's underrated features (from my POV) is the Install. It's done to compensate for technical shortcomings (BluRay Drives are a lot slower than DVD drives, loading would be horrendous) and takes a long time, but the payoff is great. For multiplatform games, the 360 used to have the advantage for me in regards to Online and Achievements, but the PS3's Install outweighs those benefits. The fact that it's 'region free' is a big deal to me too. Though, I still use it more for DVDs and streaming things from my PC.

The 360. I've kind of forced myself into a 'blackout' for the 360, since mine is currently on the blink. No red rings, just freezing games after 2 minutes of play (if I'm lucky). I haven't invested too much thought in its software future because of this, but up 'til that point the 360 had an impressive list of quality games. If a gamer could only get one system, I would most likely reccomend the 360.

GARuhi break.

I'm using the PS2 a lot more than I should. Part of the reason being that my imported games only work on my PS2, but also a few of my older games that I'm trying to finish don't work properly on my Launch model PS3.

PC. I have a very good PC (with an NP9262 laptop on the way...). While I don't game nearly as much as I do on consoles on it, it remains a solid platform. Call of Duty 4 and the Orange Box compilation (that I also got for 360 before it died) are what I usually play on it. PC Gaming's popularity has been waning, however. Most recently, Crysis and Unreal Tournament 3--both major games--sold rather poorly. While PCs are technically a superior platform, console gaming has multiple advantages that are overall easier for the average person to make use of.

Not included in the poll, but I'll make quick mention of the handhelds.
    PSP: Great. I randomly picked up Monster Hunter Freedom 2 the other day. What an overwhelming game. That seems like the type of game that you can play exclusively for a long, long time. Like an MMO. Demands too much attention for me though. The PSP overall is much better than it was, and with the PS3 integration its features continue to expand.

DS: Love it. I spend most of my game time on this. Its main advantage is that I can take it anywhere, but I often play it at home in place of my other consoles and when I'm on the computer. A few of my most-played games are 'import only' titles, and it's a shame what most of you are missing out on. Without those I probably wouldn't like the DS as much as I do, but even so there are a *lot* of great games in English. Some of them suffer the same fate as Wii games, where there's a lot of rubbish (and Mario) and some of the good stuff looks like rubbish.

Overall, nothing is failing! Sony's on the upswing, Microsoft is trucking along steadily (despite the 'broken 360' thing), and Nintendo is just rolling in it for all the 'wrong' reasons while still giving us core gamers a bone once in a while.

360 for me. Why? Coz - Mass Effect, Halo 3, Gears Of War.

Plus I guess equally PS2, almost purely for Final Fantasy.

Blog Entries

I'm all about the PC gaming.

Im at a tie between the PS3 and 360 at the moment but I value my PS3 more due to its future releases. Im actually bummed out by the 360 now. All of its big titles are out and the future looks pretty stale in comparison to the PS3's. Sometime down the line Illl sell my 360 (probably after Ninja Gaiden II). My PS2 is broken which is a big bummer as I really wanted to get back into Persona 3. I hate the idea of buying another PS2 and chipping it again. Ill probably just fish out my swap magic discs again. I was never a PC gamer. I still get a kick out of playing classic games for it (Half Life, Deus Ex) but I have no intention to ever upgrade it. I just need it for the internet. My PSP and DS have been left out for quite a while now. The last game I played through all the way for a portable system was Silent Hill Origins, which was a ton of fun. Now im just waiting for FFIV Remake, FFVII: Crisis Core and God of War.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Playstation 2.
    I dont care about the new consoles, probably I`ll care when FF13 comes out.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

I love the 360 for Gears of War's extreme violence and how Xbox Live delivers many souls to me.

Xbox 360. For the sheer love of Assassin's Creed, and chopping those Templar bastards' heads off.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

My gaming time in 2007:
    PS2-80%
    DS-20%
    In 2008 my gaming time will be devided beetween PS3,DS,PSP and PS2(still lots of great games on this console that i want to play/finish...)