View Poll Results: What is your preferred console? (Try to keep competition out of discussion)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Wii. Now you're playing with Motion Sickness!

7 21.21%
  • The PS3. Now you're playing with t3h 1337 grafix!

6 18.18%
  • The 360. Now you're playing with asses!

6 18.18%
  • The PC. Now you've played Counter-Strike!

10 30.30%
  • I can't decide my preferred console for gaming for reasons not stated in this poll option.

4 12.12%
  • I don't play Video Games at all.

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your opinon on your gaming consoles, and your preferred console for gaming.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

PS2 and DS are still tops for me.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

360. Too many great games. I love Blue Dragon (even if it isn't the best RPG). Eternal Sonata is a great game too. Mass Effect is okay. I can't get into it. Oblivion is a great game. Halo 3 has GREAT online, but shoddy offline. Call of Duty 4 doesn't look entertaining online, but I have yet to try it (sounds broken, IE first person to get a kill wins the game). Those are pretty much the only games I have played on the 360.

As for the Wii. I found most of its collection to be average (including SMG, MP3C, TP, and SPM). The only game I really enjoy was Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. It is a FUN game. '

The PS3 I may get, and may not.

I don't own a gaming PC.

As of right now 360>Wii. As I said, the only Wii game really like is FERD. The 360 has quite a bit I enjoy. I also like Xbox LIVE, unlike NWFC which is crap.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I wasn't aware that I was the only one still playing my PS2.
    I still use mine as a DVD player!

Anyway, I love my Wii to death, so I'll pick that. Otherwise, I'd say Xbox 360 merely because it has Halo 3.

Well so far I think the consoles are having a good leap. I have a PS3 and (since my Dad keeps on running out of money) decided for a belated birthday gift on Feburary the 1st week. So far the Wii I think is going pretty good. There are some games that are great, but like before the Wii is losing its touch with 3rd party games. If I do get a Wii I want SSBB, Mario Series, Kirby Series, Naruto, Sonic, and anything else that might end up sparking my opinion. On my PS3 I have only one game that is Sonic the Hedgehog. Its alright but could use some improvement. I want to get Dynasty Warriors 6 and, Guitar Hero III, FFXIII, FFvXIII, KH3, certain Naruto Games that caught my eye, Xenosaga, and some more Square enix games I've been think about. I don't plan on getting an Xbox 360 cause I'm more of a childish video game player and Xbox is loaded with T and M games. So htis is pretty much my thoughts.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

I own just about every major console release under the sun other than a PS3. As far as next gen consoles, I'd have to say my favorite so far has been by far the Xbox 360. I wasn't a huge original xbox fan, as I found that game library to be pretty lackluster and contain nothing more than shooters, sports games, and terrible platformers. However, MS really stepped it up with the 360, and I think they have the strongest bunch of games out right now. And apart from their holiday downtime with XBL, I really enjoy the service. (Sadly, I encountered my first red ring of death and sent it out a week ago. )

We preordered the Wii months before it released, and it's a great system, however, we didn't end up playing it as much as I thought we would. The control mechanics is a neat idea, but after a while, the novelty burns out and it comes down to having great games. I've spent the last two weeks or so playing Super Mario Galaxy though, and I really really like it. While I don't think it's my personal "game of the year" like many other websites and publications have named it, it certainly has redefined platforming games, just as its predecessors have.

I've taken a short break away from my PC and WoW, which used to take up pretty much most of my free time.

With the 360 sent away and the Wii good every once in a while, I've been playing my PS2 the most, trying to finish FFXII (I'm about 65 hrs in and still haven't finished it), and almost done with the first disc of FFVII on my fifth time through. xD

If I had to pick the console of consoles though, I think I'd go with PS2. Huge selection of games, catapulted DVD sales through the roof, backwards compatibility, and it's just brought so many new titles and franchises to the game world. Sony hit it big time with that one, and while I might not have a PS3, I'm forever a Sony fan.