Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415162030 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia V: Official game thread (Day 7 - Game Over. Town Win!)

Ingus:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ingus View Post
    You can tell me all you want, I don't see how me coming out early, and trying to create conversation makes me mafia. That just seems bogus, that your better off sitting and twitling your thumbs then actually trying to post and make people come out and play. I can say at the very least I'm happy with the work I've done, I've given people plenty to discuss in later rounds.
    Blah blah blah My question for you is, how exactly do you know what the mafia's strategy for this game is? How do you know they're being quiet?
    I don't. I never said I did! I know what the previous mafia strategies have been so I can use that to make some assumptions. If you look at the past game, BtV and Hsu where relatively quiet the first round, they survived so I assumed that the mafia this round would also try and take that strategy. Sure I'm sure one or two would be loudmouths but for the most part, judging of past Mafia games, the Mafia doesn't take its head out of the gutter early.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 03:17 AM.

Rinoa

I am of somewhat agreement and I say that at least one of the people who haven't posted yet is mafia.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:03 PM.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bahamut:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rinoa View Post
    Can we get a list of who hasn't checked into the thread yet? I don't feel like making it.
    I could be wrong but I think it's just Auron, Edge and Freya. Guys, if you read this, post something! Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:30 PM.

Ingus:

How much time left? I'm going to bed soon (probably xD) and I want to make sure that I don't miss the end of this after midterms.

Rydia:

I know what the previous mafia strategies have been so I can use that to make some assumptions.
    Not so much because then you'd know that the mafia in some of the previous games have been pretty boisterous.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:00 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Faris:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rinoa View Post
    Why indeed? It would be a really dumb move for the mafia to make, so dumb we would never suspect them of doing it. Which makes it brilliant.

Mind you, I don't think you're a part of it just yet, Ramza.

Theory: Edgar and Ingus are BOTH mafia. They planned their little argument from the beginning. Notice how they eventually took their votes off each other and moved right for Barret? It all seemed very theatrical. After all that, why would we still suspect them? It would be foolish to think mafia would come out so early. Nice try! And even if we did kill off one, this little argument could 'prove' their innocence for a long while, making the other very safe.

It would be a risky move, with a potential great reward. Mafia needs to take risks if they want to win, as the odds are very much against them.

What do you all think?
    Awww I was saving that theory to play out later.

But yeah that was one deduction I got from the banter early. It's easily solved though, we lynch one of them and if their mafia then go us. If we lynch who they try to veer suspicion too then not a whole lot can be said. If we lynched a mafia because of who they say is suspicious it could just be a ploy to make us trust in them. If it's a townie then they could just be stabbing in the dark as well, or be mafia trying to kill us off.

Looking at everything I say the best option is to lynch Ingus, Edgar, or one other low profile suspicious person.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 01:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Bahamut:

I'll give you a full votecount because the time is included in that.

Votecount:

Ingus(2): Fran, Ramza, Edgar, Barret

Barret(2): Ramza, Edgar, Ingus

Edgar(1): Ingus, Cid

Edge(1): Vivi

Cid(1): Edgar

Quina(1): Irvine

Fran(0): Ingus

Not Voting:
    Aeris, Auron, Basch, Cyan, Edge, Faris, Firion, Freya, Lulu, Mog, Quina, Rinoa, Rydia, Terra.

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

The deadline is this Friday, 18th January, 8:45 PM GMT. That's about 17 hours from now.

But yeah guys regarding activity, We're not expecting you to go all crazy and make dozens of posts or anything like that (it's awesome if you do though), but one post a day is a bare minimum. The more people talk, the more fun the game will be.

Ingus:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rydia View Post
    I know what the previous mafia strategies have been so I can use that to make some assumptions.
    Not so much because then you'd know that the mafia in some of the previous games have been pretty boisterous.
    Not really. The Mafia did a good job last game, they almost won, the mafia before that was cut short, I never really visited the mafia before that.

I'm wondering why your say I know what the mafia's thinking? This entire game is assumptions, why am I not allowed to make mine?

I'd also like to make a small note about your big old theory. Consider me and Ed's situation. If we both continued one of us was gonna get lynched. Ramza pointed out both of our arguments sucked, we realized he was right, so both of our immediate reaction was we should abandon a pointless argument, or at least that was my reaction, and it definitely appears it was Ed's as well.

Rinoa

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Faris View Post
    Awww I was saving that theory to play out later.

But yeah that was one deduction I got from the banter early. It's easily solved though, we lynch one of them and if their mafia then go us. If we lynch who they try to veer suspicion too then not a whole lot can be said. If we lynched a mafia because of who they say is suspicious it could just be a ploy to make us trust in them. If it's a townie then they could just be stabbing in the dark as well, or be mafia trying to kill us off.

Looking at everything I say the best option is to lynch Ingus, Edgar, or one other low profile suspicious person.
    I agree. We simply can't ignore that whole banter that went on earlier in the day. That has been the most suspicious thing that has happened so far.

Ingus slides by for me this round because he's been pretty active, and if he is mafia he'll eventually dig his own grave.

##Vote: Edgar
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:03 PM.

Rydia:

##Vote: Ingus because

1. He was the first to vote, voted quickly, and did it without a good reason. The town clearly blabs on enough without his help.
    2. He's claims to know the mafia strategy down pat even though he denies it.
    3. Other people are suspicious of him already and all of them can't be mafia I hope.
    4. He's too defensive instead of the offensive. He needs to try to pin point out mafia and weed them out, yet he's too busy getting riled up over simple questions and statements.
    5. He's just god damn annoying.

Bottom line is if he's mafia, hooray. If he isn't, then atleast we didn't lose much.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:01 PM.

Cid

Well votes are pretty even, I cant say anything against suspicion against me. I was just looking at the two people arguing and looked at who I though was more suspicious, they could both easily be townies with all the evidence I had, but other than my first suspicions I don't really have anything else to go off.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Quina:

I need sleep and I have stuff to do tomorrow so I don't know if I'll be back by the end of Day 1. I'm voting for the person with the most votes as of right now.

##Vote: Ingus
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 03:46 AM.

Mog

Wow, we sure have some active players this time. That makes it fun, but also a pain when I leave for short amounts of time. In any case, I really haven't come to a conclusion from everyone's bickering, and first day lynching's are silly anyway. But, since I know I've seen this happen once before...

##Vote: Aeris
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 08:20 PM.

Firion

I agree with Riona. I can't ignore that bickering. While Ingus brought forth more evidence, even if he had to repost many posts twice, he did seem to put more effort. Edgar seemed to just say a few things to back himself. Again first day, I'm not certain of anything really at this point in time but it's one of my only suspicions that is still present. Plus he was more than happy to jump on cid when I mentioned something.

##Vote: Edgar
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Bahamut:

Votecount:

Ingus(4): Fran, Ramza, Edgar, Barret, Rydia, Quina

Edgar(3): Ingus, Cid, Rinoa, Firion

Barret(2): Ramza, Edgar, Ingus

Edge(1): Vivi

Cid(1): Edgar

Quina(1): Irvine

Aeris(1): Mog

Fran(0): Ingus

Not Voting:
    Aeris, Auron, Basch, Cyan, Edge, Faris, Freya, Lulu, Terra.

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

The deadline is this Friday, 18th January, 8:45 PM GMT. That's about 15 hours from now.