Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314151617182232 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia V: Official game thread (Day 7 - Game Over. Town Win!)

Cid

Cid be sleeping soon, so Cids vote stays.

(Cid be telling you that in the spirit of the Ramza I will be talking like Cid from Children of Men)
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Ramza:

Oh gods what has The Ramza unleashed?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:21 AM.

Ingus:

Well obviously I'm not going to just sit down and LET myself die

## Unvote: Barret
    ## Vote: Edgar

Although the argument against me is still flawed. I voted first, the opposite of what the mafia's done in past games, I've stuck my head out of the gutter and been active, again opposite of what Mafia's done in past games, you guys are voting me for the same kind of reason Looney BoB was killed first last round, and he was a townie! And for the last time I don't know what the mafia's doing, I've been posting what I think they're probably doing.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 03:32 AM.

Edgar:

aww

vote count please
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:18 AM.

Basch:

Dear lord how much do you people talk? .. well i was kinda busy.. so i wont judge..

hmm from what ive seen by glancing at the (freaking) 6 pages, the characters ingus and vivi are questionable for unreasoned voting?

hmm.. I dunno.. but i dont have a lot of time today, and i need to make a decision..

decisions, decisions..

Edgar seems suspisious too.. why must there be so many? *shakes hand at the sky*

ok I suppose ill go with this one for the time being

##Vote: Ingus
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 11:55 PM.

Freya:

I think I will trust Ingus and Edgar for this round. If either of them are mafia, it will become clear to us sometime in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by [m] Vivi View Post
    Lets get this over with.

##Vote: Edge

I really, really, do not like this post.

##Vote: Vivi
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:02 AM.

Cyan:

So here are some things I'm thinking.

Ignus very well COULD be playing a "do unlike mafia" mafia strategy. Attempting to demonstrate how unlike mafia his/her posts have been to "prove" that s/he isn't mafia when s/he really is. However, the one thing that leads me to seriously doubt that strategy is Ignus' lack of divisive argument. Ignus isn't trying to split the obvious allies apart, s/he isn't jumping at everything said against him/her and s/he definitely isn't going through arguments piece by piece. A person who goes through another person's argument piece by piece to prove/disprove something clearly has something big to lose through playing this game. The fact that Ignus didn't do that makes me believe s/he really is just trying to flush out a mafia.

It's always difficult to flush out a mafia in the first round, because they haven't done anything or opened up any clues yet. Everyone has a different opinion and a different strategy for the first day. Most people just wait around to see who the loud ones are voting for. Even so, we should still attempt to analyze everyone's posts closely.

So let's do that now, starting with the most popular vote.

IGNUS

Jumpstarted the game, which usually gets some flack. Not quite this much though. It especially seems odd that so many people who haven't said much period have suddenly jumped on him within such a short amount of time. Leaping on the wounded gazelle, maybe? Taking the easy kill for day 1? Perhaps. Ignus really hasn't done a great job at defending him/herself but that's primarily because there IS no defense this early in the game. S/He can't point out good points s/he's made because there's no evidence period. Which is why I still say we shouldn't ever lynch on day 1 unless we're given some evidence! Coupled with my previous statements about Ignus, I agree that s/he is putting him/herself in a suspicious light, but I think s/he isn't what we're looking for.

VIVI

I think Vivi is just employing the easiest strategy at this time. Vote for someone. That isn't suspicious, it's just what you have to do. What IS suspicious are those that are voting for Vivi and talking about how suspicious he is. What? How can you be suspicious if you haven't really done anything? Lots of people in the past have voted randomly on day 1. Hell, most people vote randomly on day 1 and a lot of people in this thread voted randomly before Ignus, Edgar and others started talking way a lot. So why is Vivi suspicious? I say s/he isn't. I say the people voting are looking for a scapegoat. This also applies to votes for Irvine and Aeris. Aeris hasn't even done anything! What's so suspicious about them? Nothing. This my suspicions for Freya, Faris, Auron and Terra.

But my number one suspect right now is Rydia.

RYDIA

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rydia View Post
    ##Vote: Ingus because
    1. He was the first to vote, voted quickly, and did it without a good reason. The town clearly blabs on enough without his help.
    2. He's claims to know the mafia strategy down pat even though he denies it.
    3. Other people are suspicious of him already and all of them can't be mafia I hope.
    4. He's too defensive instead of the offensive. He needs to try to pin point out mafia and weed them out, yet he's too busy getting riled up over simple questions and statements.
    5. He's just god damn annoying.
    Bottom line is if he's mafia, hooray. If he isn't, then atleast we didn't lose much.
    1 - In every mafia game I've ever played, there has always been 1 person to get everyone talking. We don't ever just start finding suspicious people by ourselves, someone has to put themselves out there and make a bold, unsubstantiated statement. The fact that Ignus immediately retracted his vote doesn't seem to matter much to Rydia. Shouldn't that figure into Rydia's thought process? Because it apparently doesn't.

2 - Ignus does NOT claim to know the current mafia strategy. It seems like Rydia is attempting to mislead people, because that statement simply isn't true. Ignus is trying to base his/her thought process on what past mafias did. That's pretty plain. Rydia is trying to tell all of you that Ignus claims to KNOW, when the only thing Ignus ever did was try to deduce present mafia strategy from the commonalities of past mafias.

3 - 5 aren't very good reasons or points, but 3 is indisputable and 4 & 5 are matters of opinion.

However, the smoking gun for Rydia, in my opinion is the following:
    Bottom line is if he's mafia, hooray. If he isn't, then atleast we didn't lose much.
    Didn't lose much? How can Rydia possible know that? This could be our cop. Ignus could be any number of good things. We don't know Ignus' role. Besides that, even if we were all vanilla, losing 1 townie is a blow to all townies. It brings us 1 step closer to losing. And besides that, losing Ignus would take away 1 townie who is actually talking and reasoning their way through things. We might have a WHOLE lot to lose if Ignus dies. But Rydia doesn't think so. Rydia apparently thinks we don't lose much. Rydia might think that because Rydia won't lose much. Because maybe Rydia is mafia. I'm not claiming s/he is. I'm just saying Rydia is probably the most suspicious person in my mind. Thus:

##Vote: Rydia

And no hard feelings anyone, k?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:28 AM.

Ingus:

Cyan makes the best argument thus far. Seeing as I'm past thinking Edgar is involved, I'm going to agree with Cyan.

I'd rather die voting for who's right then voting to save myself.

##Unvote: Edgar

Just to add my two cents, after I read Cyan's I have to say, I realized why Rydia is trying to frame me with "Knowing what the mafia is thinking", because if I do die, people will be afraid to say 'The mafia is probably doing _________' later on, because they'll go "I can't say that, thats how Ingus got killed". This would be a huge advantage for the mafia, as communication is the only real power the town has.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 03:33 AM.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bahamut:

Votecount:

Ingus(5): Fran, Ramza, Edgar, Barret, Rydia, Quina, Basch

Edgar(3): Ingus, Cid, Rinoa, Firion, Rinoa, Ingus

Vivi(3): Auron, Terra, Freya

Rydia(2): Cyan, Ingus

Barret(1): Ramza, Edgar, Ingus

Edge(1): Vivi

Cid(1): Edgar

Quina(1): Irvine

Aeris(1): Mog

Irvine(1): Faris

Ramza(0): Rinoa

Fran(0): Ingus

Not Voting:
    Aeris, Edge, Lulu.

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

The deadline is this Friday, 18th January, 8:45 PM GMT. That's about 4 and a half hours from now.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:31 PM.

Rinoa

If Ingus was mafia, he would have kept his vote for Edgar, who has the second most votes. Though in the past mafia have stupidly not employed this simple strategy.

I still think we're killing him off too early. There's no way he can last days and days at this pace.

But this is still day 1, so you can do whatever you all want. We still don't even know how many scum groups there are.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:07 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Faris:

Looking back on Cyan's arguments I think he presents a decent case for Rydia's suspicious activity. I had thought she was being a little suspicious, but I couldn't quite figure out if she could be up to something. Cyan made a good point and as of now I'm thinking she's the most suspicious of us all yet.

##UNVOTE: Irvine
    ##VOTE: Rydia
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 01:35 PM.

Lulu:

Wow your all so fast I'm jealous like gravy.

##:Rydia

For reasons stated by everyone else.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Aeris:

I really hate the idea that it'll look like I'm jumping on the Rydia bandwagon, but really, Cyan's post is one of the only ones thus far that has given any kind of solid backing for their accusations. So, sorry if you are innocent Rydia... but, from the thing you said, you seem most suspicious.

Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:14 AM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Cyan brings up a number of good points, and my Quina vote earlier was more to assuage his/her desire for action than anything truly malicious. No hard feelings, Quina. And please, my fellows, do not consider this to be bandwagoning, as I started formulating this vote only after reading Cyan's post, having not yet read any of the votes following it.

##Unvote: Quina

Fran:

Cyan, you make some good points, but I can't believe no one has mentioned the reasons which make Rydia suspicious to me.

Here we go, 3 posts of nonsense which contribute nothing to the thread and implies that Rydia does not know wtf she's doing.

Blah blah blah
    It takes two, baby.
    I don't get this game.
    Followed by three posts which very clearly indicates that Rydia DOES know how to play the game:

So far your case isn't very convincing Mr. Ingus.
    Blah blah blah My question for you is, how exactly do you know what the mafia's strategy for this game is? How do you know they're being quiet?
    Not so much because then you'd know that the mafia in some of the previous games have been pretty boisterous.
    So what was up with the first three posts? I'm pretty sure that Rydia was taking on a persona like edcxzxxzvvbxcnvbx to try and deflect suspicion cause no mafia would play so kooky. So Rydia definitely has some explaining to do. She could either be A) Mafia trying to act like a jestor or something of the sort or B) A townie who is playing to save their own skin. I think the first option is more likely.

BUT!!!

There are a few points where I agree with Rydia. The fact that Ingus is willing to die is very odd to me. Psycho said that there are no vanilla townies, and so almost everyone has a special role that could greatly benefit the town. Now, I know that there are gonna be roles that are almost nearly the same as vanilla townie (or else the town would be too overpowered) or a role that doesn't benefit town at all. But chances are, most people, regardless of their role, do not want to die from the game so early on. This leads me to believe that if Ingus IS town, he is not a powerful pro-townie role. If he is, he's screwing the town over by playing too aggressively. Again, as with Rydia, I believe Ingus is taking on a role. The role being, "super helpful townie" when in fact, he is Mafia.

My scum radar is ringing off the hook for Ingus. Everything about his posting style screams out Mafia to me. That could just be cause I'm super paranoid, and at this point, pretty much every single one of you is suspicious in my eyes. But as suspicious as Rydia may seem, I can't help but follow my gut.

And my gut is telling me that Ingus is Mafia, and not only that, but probably some sort of power role Mafia (otherwise he would not have been so forward in his approach). I am soooo sorry if I'm wrong, but the gut! I can't ignore the gut. I will chastise my gut if it ends up being wrong.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:01 AM.