Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 414181920212223242526272829303444 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia V: Official game thread (Day 7 - Game Over. Town Win!)

Quina:

Coincidentally indeed! Lulu and Irvine were Lovers, and not the traditional kind. I'm willing to bet they were working alone with that name.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 03:51 AM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Faris:

The lover tag seems to me to be a serial killer duo team. It wasn't stated they were mafia. If they were one of my theories would make so much more sense.

Right now I say we evaluate Cyan's posts a bit, we should look them over more thoroughly I think we can find some good evidence in there as I am sure we can conclude he wasn't lying about his thoughts. So there's no second guessing his ideas, just piecing them together to get a picture out of this whole mess.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Rinoa

I agree with Faris and Quina. The Lovers appear to have been a separate killing faction, and convention would say there are only two of them. But I have no clue. Lover could be some British term for mafia for all I know. At this point my best guess is that we have the following killing factions:

Mafia - kill blocked in night 1, and I'm guessing they killed Terra night 2
    Trigger Happy Vigilante (or whatever it's called, the one that must kill every night, I'm at work so I don't feel like looking it up) - Ingus night 1, Irvine night 2
    Lover (Killer) - nothing night 1, Cyan night 2

The night 2 kills could have been made by any of them really, I'm just guessing here. Also the reason Irvine didn't have a night 1 kill could possibly be some stipulation put on his ability, for example his lover has to die first.

As a Mason, Cyan was a valuable town member. Her posts should be carefully looked at today.

However, my vote today will not go to anyone who voted yesterday, unless I get some REALLY good evidence against them. If you want to play, you have to vote. The people who are not voting (and not posting) are either mafia laying low, or town members who are being really unhelpful. Either way they need to go. Top of my list right now are: Edge, Freya, and Auron. But it's still early.

Don't worry, a ton of people didn't vote yesterday so that leaves a wide range of suspects.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:13 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Aeris:

Sorry for not voting yesterday guys. -_-

I thought that the point of the Lovers was that if one died, the other died the next day? So, we had a Mafia kill, a Killer kill, and the other Lover died. I thought this was why we had three kills, but I could be wrong here.

Barret's observation is good, but it's a rather hasty vote. We've still got until tomorrow, so why are you voting so soon? I'm not trying to implicate him, I just don't see why anyone could vote this early on in the day.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:15 AM.

Faris:

What is a Lover (Doctor)? It's a bad thing. It's scum. You did well in killing it. And that's all I'm going to tell you. Oh, and it has nothing to do with the "Lovers" role on the mafia flash.
    From the looks of how Irvine died I think we assume it's not like the normal lovers role as he would of committed suicide I think. I believe one of the killing factions saw the connection between Lulu and Irvine and once we learned Lulu was a lover (part of a pair) they came to the conclusion of Irvine being the other half of the duo based on his posting and defensive posting style towards Lulu.

I agree though, Barret's vote is pretty fast, and I don't quite see the connections he points out in his evidence. Care to explain a bit more as I'm not entirely getting at your reasons.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Aeris:

Ah. I guess I should read posts made by Bahamut a bit more thoroughly.

A problem I do have is the fact that Barret is voting Fran due to them analysing things. I thought that would be a good thing for the town, to have someone analysing what is being said - unless they're Mafia - but analysis is good, I'd have thought.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:15 AM.

Edgar:

Alright, my turn to post my thoughts. Rinoa, I start with you.
    Rinoa:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rinoa View Post
    I agree with Faris and Quina. The Lovers appear to have been a separate killing faction, and convention would say there are only two of them. But I have no clue. Lover could be some British term for mafia for all I know. At this point my best guess is that we have the following killing factions:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rinoa View Post

Mafia - kill blocked in night 1, and I'm guessing they killed Terra night 2
    Trigger Happy Vigilante (or whatever it's called, the one that must kill every night, I'm at work so I don't feel like looking it up) - Ingus night 1, Irvine night 2
    Lover (Killer) - nothing night 1, Cyan night 2

The night 2 kills could have been made by any of them really, I'm just guessing here. Also the reason Irvine didn't have a night 1 kill could possibly be some stipulation put on his ability, for example his lover has to die first.

As a Mason, Cyan was a valuable town member. Her posts should be carefully looked at today.

However, my vote today will not go to anyone who voted yesterday, unless I get some REALLY good evidence against them. If you want to play, you have to vote. The people who are not voting (and not posting) are either mafia laying low, or town members who are being really unhelpful. Either way they need to go. Top of my list right now are: Edge, Freya, and Auron. But it's still early.

Don't worry, a ton of people didn't vote yesterday so that leaves a wide range of suspects.

Let’s look at the bolded section shall we?
    Rinoa, your theory seems to be just spreading misinformation. Anyone need proof? Here it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bahamut View Post
    Night fell upon the town. Little did the citizens know that they would awake to a bloodbath.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bahamut View Post
    It began simply enough. Terra fancied herself a bit of an amateur sleuth, and so decided to wander around at night to see what some of the other townsfolk were up to. It proved to be a foolish decision.
    She was hot on the trail of someone she thought to be a perp. They ducked left down an alley, and Terra followed. Dead end. How was this possible?
    "Hello? Listen, I know you're down there. Come out now, scum. The game's over." A figure stepped out of the shadows and walked towards her. "Oh, it's you. Listen, I think there's some scum lurking about. We'd better be careful."
    "Perhaps, dearest" the other replied. "Perhaps some of us should be more careful than others." and they plunged a knife firmly into Terra's neck. She gasped and gurgled, and fell to the ground as the figure ran.

Terra, Tracker, was stabbed on Night Two. Terra was played by Sir Lancealot.
    Look familiar? This is Terra’s death scene. She was clearly using her tracking ability, and got killed while doing it. So, Terra wasn’t killed by the mafia, and there is no Trigger Happy Vigilante! I think you might be hiding mafia buddies so you just made high up in my list of suspects.
    Next let me Analyze Barret.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Barret View Post
    Since this is the first day it's almost impossible to decide who should be lynched. However, I will vote Ingus simply because they seem to be trying a little bit too hard almost from the off. I can understand if they're town and want to win, but really I can't ignore such zealous analysis and speed in order to lynch
    ##Vote: Ingus
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ingus View Post
    I can't agree with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ingus View Post
    I'd much rather see nothing with a post then something made up. Look at Barret's he said I was trying to "speed lynch" despite the fact that almost all the suspicion was against me during the beginning. Speed lynching requires you to make a lynch vote for little/crap reason, and have others go along, and fight and make things up to get someone to go along.
    I never did that. I didn't even stay with a vote out at first. Barret's reason is just plain false, Cid at least has a chance to explain what he's thinking.
    ## Vote Barret
    Either you're just in a foul mood because I voted for you, or you're purposefully trying to take the heat off of you by giving some convoluted reason why I should be suspected. My post count totals two, including this one. I made myself 100% clear on this, since I thought you were putting in too much effort which stinks of Mafia moves so early in the game to me.
    My vote stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ramza View Post
    The Ramza is still suspicious of Cid though. However The Ramza's #1 suspect is still Barret, so unless you present The Ramza with good reason, He's still my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ramza View Post
    ##Vote: Barret
    How about the fact that you lack almost any evidence proving I'm a Mafia? Anyways, I don't have much reason to suspect you Ramza, beyond your own activities of attempting to point out certain people as the Mafia which is always suspect.
    I do, however, still suspect Edgar in all of this. Recent events aside, I believe his previous actions, along with his voting changes and targets, suggest to me that he is working alongside the Mafia. It wouldn't surprise me if their plans are to change targets at random until they reach the one they want.
    ##Vote: Edgar
    OOC:Was the last Mafia game this wordy? I'm genuinely having problems keeping track of who's saying what since I only look on a couple of times a day and there's like thirty+ or so massive posts every time.

Right now for me it's between Fran and Quina. While in the first round they didn't vote for the eventual lynchee, they did both vote for the same person. And in the last round neither of them voted for Lulu, who was Mafia, and again both voted for the same person, who coincidentally was being voted for by both Lulu and Irvine.
    Since I can only vote for one, I'll go for Fran because they seemed to me to be the most analysing one and thusly the one who would be best eliminated so they don't cause as much of a fuss;
    ##Vote: Fran
    Other then vote, he’s done almost nothing! I think he may be trying to hide out, and lay low. Next look at the italicized caption (in his first post). He preaches that he can’t watch such speed voting. Then votes immediately in round 2 and 3. We found Lulu off contradictions, could we be on a potential mafian member with them again? Maybe, that’s why your on the top of my list.
    My suspect lists. (From most suspicious to least)
    1. Barret
    2. Rinoa
    3. Vivi

EDIT: WTF? My quotes won't fix, if you guys could just deal with it, I can promise the quotes will never be broken like that again (thats the last time I'll use MS Word to put down my thoughts)
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:29 AM.

Rinoa

Using the death scenes as evidence for anything is not a good idea. The only thing you should take out of them is who died, and what their role is. Once we start analyzing the mod's posts is when misinformation starts getting spread. There is a possibility that someone has a role where, if investigated, kills the investigator. I forgot what it is called at the moment. So I recognize your possibility that Terra died by using her role, but that is a conclusion we should come to ourselves, and NOT by what was posted by Bahamut.

Ingus could have very well been Irvine's night 1 kill. We KNOW that it wasn't the mafia's kill, or he would have become mafia instead of dying. Under that scenario, Terra investigated the wrong person and died, the mafia killed Irvine, and Irvine killed Cyan. I would say either scenario is likely at this point. There are also other possibilities. I'm just trying to provide input here.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:13 PM.

Edgar:

Your scenario still has far more holes then mine.
    Why would Irvine be called Killer if he could only kill someone if Lulu died. Better yet, how would the lovers win? By surviving with the town? Of course not, then the loves would be pro-town. Scum kills every night. If there is a Trigger Happy Vigilante, how could there only be 1 death on the first night?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:30 AM.

Rinoa

Well I did say it was just a guess. I don't want to get into an Ingus with you because that won't help anything.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:14 PM.

Faris:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Edgar View Post
    So, Terra wasn’t killed by the mafia, and there is no Trigger Happy Vigilante!
    There is the Over Eager Vigilante who has to kill every night. I think that's what she meant.

It is possible though that Terra was killed by tracking the wrong person (a Paranoid Gun Owner perhaps?) or it could very well be that there are 3 killing factions in the game. Though now it would become only 2 since Irvine is dead. We'll know for certain tomorrow if 2 people die in ways that suggest 2 killers.

However I'm beginning to look at Barret. Edgar's case has been right on so far I believe towards Barret and his posting styles. I'll see if I can't add to this a bit more later. My eyes are burning from reading so many posts in the last 20 minutes.

Auron:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Auron View Post
    I'm going to vote for Vivi. The first person to make a move was Ingus. First voter is always going to get some flak for going first. What struck me as odd was how Vivi did the same thing later. He voted for Edge just to "get this over with". It looked like a vote to get some things started but everything was already under way by then. Just a little weird to me.

Obviously, the big thing so far was the dispute between Ingus and Edgar and the way it sort of died down unnaturally. I'm sure that's going to come up in the next couple days if not later this day.

I want to bring something up, too. I think we need to make sure everyone's votes are made. I know Psychotic and qwertyxsora said that everyone has to vote but that doesn't mean that the day's not going to end when someone gets the amount of votes needed to lynch tacked to them. Having a person lynched before everybody gets some idea as to what everyone else is thinking could make it hard to determine who's what in the later days. Dogpiling on people in the past has made it harder to draw a line between those who voted for the unlucky person to get lynched.
    Like I said, I was going to be super busy. Looks pretty crappy when I don't go by my own advice, though. I guess a ton of people didn't vote or were inactive yesterday, too. I'm still sticking to my picks, though. It looks like everyone has forgotten about everything I brought up early on.

Vivi is still numero uno. I understand if it was complete inactivity but he hasn't come to put any kind of input in or anything. Not saying that I did much more but at least I have some logic to go on.

The Ingus/Edgar thing is still in my head. In my way of thinking, when two people blatantly go out and have their own little spat, I tend to think one of them is mafia. Maybe that doesn't apply anymore, though. Edgar's been pretty cool and smoothed over a lot of it since he was replaced or people started sharing his account. And in the same sense, reading over yesterday's posts, now I've got a Ramza/Fran thing going on in my head.

##Vote: Vivi
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:43 AM.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bahamut:

A new day, and new information comes to light. A note was found stating that one of the following roles is in play.

Bomb
    Prostitute
    Nexus
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:34 PM.

Barret:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Faris View Post
    I agree though, Barret's vote is pretty fast, and I don't quite see the connections he points out in his evidence. Care to explain a bit more as I'm not entirely getting at your reasons.
    I'm simply looking at the voting patterns. If there's one thing I've learned over the years playing this game, votes give away everything. This is especially true in such a game where people have lots of time to consider their answers and can blantantly lie without anyone picking it up (in "real-life" Mafia games I tend to be something of a human lie detector making things easier). While we don't know if the Redded people were Mafia per say, I would say their concurrent demises, one at the hands of townspeople and the other through another means, suggests they were on the same bandwagon since it wouldn't make sense for anyone but non-Mafia members to target Irvine in the night directly following it unless it's some purposeful ruse to take people off the scent.

In the first round Fran, Quina and Lulu all voted for the person lynched. In round two they all voted for the same person again. This to me suggests that they're working together. I imagine Irvine decided to vote for Ingus because everyone was jumping on him and it was an opportunity to make sure an innocent died. They couldn't all change their votes however because that's just too suspicious. Now that Lulu is dead that leaves Fran and Quina. Of the two Fran is the one that's "doing the most damage" as it were.

OOC:As an out-loud musing, I get the feeling that this game is too filled with special roles. While I can imagine the thinking behind it, it makes a game too complicated, especially if there are several different groups with their own agenda because it gives the townies a disadvantage

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Edgar View Post
    Other then vote, he’s done almost nothing! I think he may be trying to hide out, and lay low. Next look at the italicized caption (in his first post). He preaches that he can’t watch such speed voting. Then votes immediately in round 2 and 3. We found Lulu off contradictions, could we be on a potential mafian member with them again? Maybe, that’s why your on the top of my list.
    God your quote was a mess. Anyways, one of the reasons why I lie low and don't get involved in the mass disputes is because it's a sure-fire way to get people thinking your Mafia. I give my reasons and rebuttals to anyone who accuses me and lay low the rest of the time. Petty squabbles and over-analysing just isn't my style. I voted as quick as I did so my analysis could be right next to the voting scores so people didn't have to track back to check them (I'm assuming many would just say "o he's lying" and ignore me). I also suspect you so much it's unreal. If I had a concrete reason to vote for you right now I would, but at the moment your incessant double talk makes it nye on impossible to follow what you're saying/doing.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:38 AM.

Edge:

Day 1 Voting:

Ingus: Fran
    Fran: Ingus
    Ingus: Unvote Fran
    Ramza: Ingus
    Edgar: Ingus
    Vivi: Edge
    Ingus: Edgar
    Cid: Edgar
    Barret: Ingus
    Ramza: Ingus
    Edgar: Ingus
    Ramza: Barret
    Edgar: Barret
    Edgar: Unvote Barret
    Edgar: Cid
    Irvine: Quina
    Rydia: Ingus
    Quina: Ingus
    Mog: Aeris
    Firion: Edgar
    Auron: Vivi
    Terra: Vivi
    Rinoa: Unvote Ramza
    Rinoa: Edgar
    Faris: Irvine
    Ingus: Unvote Barret
    Ingus: Edgar
    Basch: Ingus
    Freya: Vivi
    Cyan: Rydia
    Ingus: Unvote Edgar
    Ingus: Rydia
    Faris: Unvote Irvine
    Faris: Rydia
    Lulu: Rydia
    Aeris: Rydia
    Irvine: Unvote Quina
    Irvine: Rydia
    Basch: Unvote Ingus
    Basch: Rydia
    Edgar: Unvote Cid
    Edgar: Rydia
    Lulu: Unvote Rydia
    Lulu: Ingus

Day 2 Voting:

Ramza: Barret
    Barret: Edgar
    Rinoa: Unvote Edgar
    Rinoa: Lulu
    Fran: Ramza
    Quina: Ramza
    Irvine: Vivi
    Faris: Lulu
    Cid: Lulu
    Lulu: Unvote Edgar
    Lulu: Ramza
    Edgar: Lulu

Voted for confirmed innocent people:
    Fran
    Ramza
    Edgar
    Barret
    Rydia
    Quina
    Ingus
    Cyan
    Faris
    Basch
    Lulu

Voted for confirmed guilty people:
    Rinoa
    Faris
    Cid
    Edgar

Well, let me start by saying I’m a replacement. Additionally, I have no regard of what the person before me has done…or not done as it seems. But, I intend to carry out my duty now and be active. Again, please do not blame me for lagging. Whoever was my role before me was inactive and as result, did not vote. After careful analysis of the voting patterns aforementioned I’ve deduced some plausible suspicions you may want to focus on. But take note that some of my statistics are probably wrong due to the fact that I skimmed through all the tallies. This is just an easier way for people to decipher patterns or what have you without having to go through the whole thread like I did. I’ll most likely be posting these each day with updated information.

Furthermore, I posted these statistics because I want people to start coming up with an analysis for them. I’m sure someone can detect a pattern here. I can not because I still have to read all these posts, so my analysis will have to be postponed for now. Hopefully in that time we can come up with a sufficient scum to be lynched.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 11:37 PM.