Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 616202122232425262728293031323646 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia V: Official game thread (Day 7 - Game Over. Town Win!)

Fran:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Barret View Post
    You just said you did..............
    Where did I say that?
    OOC:OK, I refuse to go along with this a second longer until Bahamut clears up exactly what faction the Lovers were working for. I feel it's only fair because the Mafia role names have been in the same red text as the lovers were and people are getting confused
    Things the moderators have told us for sure:
    * They are a scum group
    * They are not the lover roles as presented in the Mafia flash

It's not hard to deduce from those two facts that the Lovers are a separate scum group. They were in red text, yes. Red symbolizes scum. Scum does not always equal Mafia. A serial killer would probably come up as scum and in red text too.

Exactly. Decent Mafia players don't draw such obvious attention to themselves.
    Of the two Fran is the one that's "doing the most damage" as it were.
    Ok, which is it? I'm NOT mafia cause I'm drawing too much attention to myself, or I AM mafia cause I'm drawing too much attention to myself?

You need to pick one.

Also:

If you had a legitimate reason for voting then you wouldn't be under suspicion right now. "Because he was annoying" just doesn't cut it in this game.
    Faulty logic and posts that don't make sense isn't a legitimate reason for wanting to lynch someone? Especially so early on in the game when there's not much legitimate evidence to be had?

I was suspicious of Lulu too, and I stated as much, but if I had changed my vote to Lulu after voting for Ramza, you would just be here accusing me of being Mafia because I switched votes. A mafia tactic as you said. Which is why I made the comment about damned if I do, damned if I don't.

There were people who voted for you for no reason at all, and just to pick a random person. And yet I'm more suspicious than those people?

You're just full of contradictions, aren't you?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:06 AM.

Edge:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Fran View Post

* They are a scum group
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bahamut View Post
    What is a Lover (Doctor)? It's a bad thing. It's scum. You did well in killing it. And that's all I'm going to tell you. Oh, and it has nothing to do with the "Lovers" role on the mafia flash.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 11:40 PM.

Quina:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Edge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Quina View Post
    Barret: If you're going to lump me in with the Lovers, you're going to have to come up with some explanation as to what the Lovers actually are. I don't go for foursomes.
    I will say that after attempting to read through all of these posts and try to come up with some suspects I've found you the most suspicious so far. Irvine (a confirmed guilty person) was quick to take you off of his suspect list and defended Lulu (a confirmed guilty person):
    He was also quick to ADD ME to his suspect list. If we were working together, why would he suspect me in the first place?
    Possibly to make you appear innocent like he tried to do with Lulu. Then again, he could just have been framing you so that we'd lynch you after his death. But since I'm sure that two out of the three people on his list are innocent it seems the first statement is more likely.
    Why? You have no reason to believe that I am working with the Lovers. If memory serves, Irvine voted for me because I said something to the effect of "someone do something" which is a pretty stupid reason to vote for someone anyway. I wasn't doing anything suspicious. He was just DOING SOMETHING.

Common sense would tell you that the Lovers were only two people to begin with. It sounds more like you want to lump me in with a group I'm clearly not a member of to get rid of me, which sounds more like something a member of a scum group would do.

Honestly. Half of me WANTS to be lynched just to prove you wrong.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:02 AM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Faris:

It could possibly be something brand new that qwerty and Psy came up with just to mess with us.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Fran:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Fran View Post

* They are a scum group
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bahamut View Post
    What is a Lover (Doctor)? It's a bad thing. It's scum. You did well in killing it. And that's all I'm going to tell you. Oh, and it has nothing to do with the "Lovers" role on the mafia flash.
    Thank you for posting the specific quote from Bahamut. I was too lazy to go hunting for it.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:07 AM.

Edge:

Why? You have no reason to believe that I am working with the Lovers. If memory serves, Irvine voted for me because I said something to the effect of "someone do something" which is a pretty stupid reason to vote for someone anyway. I wasn't doing anything suspicious. He was just DOING SOMETHING.

Common sense would tell you that the Lovers were only two people to begin with. It sounds more like you want to lump me in with a group I'm clearly not a member of to get rid of me, which sounds more like something a member of a scum group would do.

Not exactly. I'm simply entertaining the possibility that the lovers might be a group comprised of more than two people. And if that answer is yes, it would likely make you a prime suspect. Irvine's defense for Lulu and you just seems highly suspicious because like most citizens, we are pretty much paranoid of everyone. Saying that he doesn't feel someone is suspicious at all and not really giving a plausible reason as to why makes me think.

I don't know that the lovers are just two people. Bahamut did not specify. He did say that it is nothing like the mafia flash so that would mean that there could be more lovers.

Honestly, I've been trying to figure out your role if you're not scum. You could possibly be a jester and that would mean you'd obviously want to get lynched, so I won't give you that satisfaction. Some of your comments haven't been very productive and suspicious. For example:

Oh, well. At least the Jester isn't a threat. xD
    Let's all vote for whoever's screaming is the most coherant.
    Let's vote for [randomname] for that suspicious post.
    And then there's Lulu's post about jesters interestingly enough:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Lulu View Post
    Remember to be wary of jesters...
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 11:41 PM.

Firion

There is a tale to be spun on this fine day children. Constant bickering seems to have blinded a few of you. I have reviewed the days activities and you guys, sigh. That's all i'm gonna say do is sigh.

Lets look. As you all have finally come across, I highly, HIGHLY doubt the lovers were the suicidal type and they were two power roles so they were most likely alone. Good job and taking almost a full page of posts to get that

Ok so let us first look at the night one death with this info of a killer. Ingus died, but wasn't a mafia hit. If so, his role would have caused him to have been inducted in their ranks. Which didn't happen. So an Independant faction had to hit him. We knew this day 2. Also now the Second night, 3 deaths. One had to be the killers target before he was offed himself.

Now let's look, lulu was his lover and a doctor. So i'm thinking most likely Irvine was protected the first night. This could have been a mafia hit or other faction. Someone could have targeted him and so the hit was blocked.

Let's also address the possible roles. The only one I see the most probable is the prostitute. This could also have come into play. As you know, three deaths have occurred this most recent night. But the first we had one, and that one wasn't a mafia hit. So if there is a role blocker, they may have blocked a killing role. So the only one left to kill could have been Irvine. Unless he was the one blocked and the other person killed Ingus.

Now that we have an idea of what happened. Lets address the mason issue. If it's a recruiting mason faction then we may have more and more by the day. If not then there may be a set amount. As bahumut said, they had a few factions and tried to balance out the groups each with a power role. So the masons may have a power role even though towns being able to talk is a big power on it's own.

If masons can recruit then that could be their power role.
    A mason faction gaining such a person like a cop or something other that would benefit them immensely that could become a big advantage. Mind you, Cyan was a mason. He very well could have been one who recruits. The cult aspect could apply, since there a few things they have changed, when he dies the power will be passed to the next or oldest member of the masonry. If you do look at the flash, a mason will die if they target a mafia member. So there could be your third reason for a death as of last night.

As I said though, the being able to talk is a big power on it's own. So we can't just jump to conclusion of the fact that they could have died that way. So we should still be looking for a third faction as well.

Hopefully I helped clarify some of the speculations. I'm trying to look at this as best as I can and please if there is anything else that may or could be addressed then please do say so.

Now I have my suspects but I thought this was becoming long so i'll save you all the reading of that for later. Also I have to type it all up so that'll take a bit.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 09:53 PM.

Basch:

hey guys, sorry i didnt vote last time, i was kinda counting on actually having electricity. Im currently freezing my ass off at home, and only have like 5 min in a internet cafe.

I have no idea who to vote for now, because id have to read all of it, but i got the gist scrolling through it. Ill check back in tomorrow for the voting

I hope elec will be on tonight, so then ill come back

later peeps

Basch (I'LL BASCH YOU )
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 11:56 PM.

Quina:

Not exactly. I'm simply entertaining the possibility that the lovers might be a group comprised of more than two people. And if that answer is yes, it would likely make you a prime suspect. Irvine's defense for Lulu and you just seems highly suspicious because like most citizens, we are pretty much paranoid of everyone. Saying that he doesn't feel someone is suspicious at all and not really giving a plausible reason as to why makes me think.

I don't know that the lovers are just two people. Bahamut did not specify. He did say that it is nothing like the mafia flash so that would mean that there could be more lovers.

Honestly, I've been trying to figure out your role if you're not scum. You could possibly be a jester and that would mean you'd obviously want to get lynched, so I won't give you that satisfaction. Some of your comments haven't been very productive and suspicious. For example:

Oh, well. At least the Jester isn't a threat. xD
    Let's all vote for whoever's screaming is the most coherant.
    Let's vote for [randomname] for that suspicious post.
    And then there's Lulu's post about jesters interestingly enough:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Lulu View Post
    Remember to be wary of jesters...
    Like I said before. If I'm a jester, I'm horrible at it. The only people who really think I'm a threat are you and Barret and neither of you have a sweet clue what's going on. If I WAS a Jester, how the hell would Lulu know?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:02 AM.

Edge:

Like I said before. If I'm a jester, I'm horrible at it.
    I concur, that's why I'm prone to think you're scum.

The only people who really think I'm a threat are you and Barret and neither of you have a sweet clue what's going on. If I WAS a Jester, how the hell would Lulu know?
    Well, I can't speak for Barret, but I'm not completely clueless, though I admittedly have catching up to do. And I never said Lulu knew you were a jester. I was quoting what she said about jesters. The only way for her to know that there was a jester role is if there was a Lovers (Jester) but that would just be insanely odd.

But, after reading through more posts I have more suspicions now. Mog in particular. Because this person posts once in a blue moon and doesn't participate in voting. This likely means that they are active, but seemingly trying to hide themselves.

Also, Vivi because of their one vote for me in the beginning. Yes, it was most likely random but when he said:
    Quote Originally Posted by [m] Vivi View Post
    Everyone has to vote for someone, I just took a stab in the dark. I really don't think it makes a big difference.
    It struck me as odd because a townie wouldn't say it doesn't make a difference. They'd care if they lynched one of their own. Especially if that person's role is important. They wouldn't want to jeopardize the game based on voting so carelessly.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 11:41 PM.

Rinoa

Mog definitely fits the inactive mafia role as well.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:14 PM.

Auron:

Here's a list of groups that have had similarities in voting styles:

Rydia Day 1, Idle Day 2: Aeris, Basch, Cyan
    Vivi Day 1, Idle Day 2: Auron, Freya, Terra
    Lone voters on either Day: Mog, Vivi, Barret
    Edgar Day 1, Lulu Day 2: Cid, Firion, Rinoa
    Ingus Day 1, Ramza Day 2: Fran, Lulu, Quina
    Idle Day 2: Aeris, Auron, Basch, Cyan, Edge, Freya, Mog, Terra, Vivi

Here's a tally of people that voted in those groups and how often their names come up (excluding dead people):

Aeris 2
    Basch 2
    Auron 2
    Freya 2
    Mog 2
    Vivi 2
    Barret 1
    Cid 1
    Firion 1
    Rinoa 1
    Fran 1
    Quina 1
    Edge 1

From this, we can see that the people with the most predictable vote patterns are Aeris, Basch, Auron, Freya, Mog, and Vivi. One more thing I'd like to point out. Both of the "Lover" roles voted against Ramza. Because of this, I'm leaning toward Ramza as an innocent.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:43 AM.

Edgar:

Alright let me post my thoughts thus far.
    1. Barret & Fran: These two's argument has me thinking one of them is Mafia, if not one then the other. At the moment I'm leaning towards Barret.

A. He claims that his posting style was the best one. I can't agree with that, in my opinion its one of the most suspicious type. Almost like Hsu from last round, showing up to vote and leaving.
    B. The way he keeps getting us back to the Lover's debate. It seems like he's trying to spread misinformation. IMO you have to make some assumptions, and I believe that there only being two Lover roles should be an obvious one. Barret trying to point out something different seems like a way to get us distracted from the real issue here. The mafia, and the possibility of a cult or a different killing role.
    C. Barret straight out lied about Fran changing a vote. She NEVER did that. Only scum should have to lie.

Thats more then I have on Fran. In fact, most of anything I have on Fran requires Barret to be a citizen. Even then I don't have overwhelming evidence.

2. Firion: Firion got me thinking, there are so many roles who knows what happened to Terra. There could be, in fact, a third faction, with the way this game has gone. So, I apologize Rinoa. No hard feelings?

3. Edge: You seem to also be convinced, like Barret, that there are more Lovers. I refuse to believe this. But you seem to be more of someone fooled by misinfo (originating from Barret).

4. Quina: I don't think there is a cult, so Jester is possible. I think Quina might be a jester, if he is, he's doing a pretty good job. I think he's trying to stay away from the "must get lynched immediately" and setting up things that will lead to lynching later. We'll see, but right now I think he might be a jester.

5. Vivi: Out of all of the inactive members. He's got most of my suspicion. Irvine was trying to set up Vivi to take a hit. Then Irvine dies in the night? Hmmmm....
    Definite suspect.

6. Basch: I feel bad suspecting someone who doesn't have electricity call me gullible, but I believe him.

I feel like voting now, because I should probably go to bed a reasonable time, so I don't know if anything new will come up between now and then, and then afterwards I have finals, so I might not be here for the conclusion.

## Vote: Barret
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:31 AM.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bahamut:

Votecount

Fran(1): Barret

Vivi(1): Auron

Freya(1): Rinoa

Barret(1): Edgar

Not voting
    Aeris, Basch, Cid, Edge, Faris, Firion, Fran, Freya, Mog, Quina, Ramza, Vivi.

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline is set for 7:15 PM GMT on Tuesday, 22 January. That's about 18 and a half hours from now.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:35 PM.

Firion

You have the dead Cyan as a non voter, Of course he's isn't voting. He's dead.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 09:54 PM.