Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10202425262728293031323334353640 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia V: Official game thread (Day 7 - Game Over. Town Win!)

Edge:

Fishy? It could just be PC troubles as she says. No need to be so suspicious of people, especially this early into voting.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 11:42 PM.

Rinoa

I've been suspicious of her for two days. I'm open to discussion, I just like to get votes out there because that's the way I'm used to playing.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:19 PM.

Edge:

I suppose I can respect your opinion, though I like to get thick into discussion before I vote.

Ramza:

The Ramza is positive that the Prostitute is a role in this game of Mafia. The reason being is because of The Ramza's special Role. The Ramza holds the Role of Jail Keeper. The Ramza can lock up one person each night.
    This person cannot be night killed, but they also cannot carry out any night actions of their own.

The Ramza, on the previous night, locked up Barret. However Barret was killed last night, even though he was The Ramza's target. Since the Ramza locked him up, this means he could not have used his Role Block ability on the Ramza.

Then what happened? Thanks to Bahamut confirming what the Prostitute was, it is safe to Assume that the Ramza was Role blocked by the Prostitute last night.

Now, on to other matter, on night one and two, the Ramza locked up the same person. The Ramza does not want to reveal this person for a few reasons, but if you have a night ability, and you were unable to use it on nights one and two, feel free to come forward and say who you are.

This means, however, that there would be no Bomb or Nexus in this game.

The Ramza's final Idea for the day, is that who would want to Role Block The Ramza? Since Barret couldn't have Role Blocked unless I was Role Blocked by another, it is Likely that one of the people who have been against The Ramza are the Prostitute. The Ramza can think of Quina and Fran at the moment. There were likely others that the Ramza will shortly adress.

Translation:

1) I locked up the same person night 1 and 2. For now, I will not reveal that person. However, if I was also role blocked night 1 or 2, you would have gotten an action in. Though I don't think they had reason to role block me until night 2,

2) Barret was locked up the night he was killed, meaning I had to have been role Blocked. This confirms the existence of a Prostitute. That means no Bomb or Nexus.

3) The one who Role Blocked me is likely someone who has been showing resilience to me the past 2 days. So I think we should look to those people for now.

Edit: The three most noteable anti-me people were Fran, Quina, and I"m going to say Rinoa, simply for saying I was an idiot and tried to discredit any Idea I had.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 02:00 PM.

Fran:

Well isn't that just lovely. I go after Barret and he dies during the night and is revealed to be a Citizen!

So here's what must have happened. I'm an awfully stupid Mafia member so I figure that no one will notice if I killed the person I targeted the most during the day. Or maybe I just decided to kill a fellow Mafia member. Yes, of course, that's what happened!

If y'all can't see that the killing of Barret is an obvious effort to put suspicion on those who voted for him, IE: ME!, you are blind.

I didn't do myself any favors if I'm Mafia and killed Barret OR Auron. I wasn't responsible for any deaths. If you think I was, then that means I'm an idiot player.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:07 AM.

Default ##VOTE FRAN... not really.

Edge:

Wait, if that means YOU'RE an idiot player that we THINK you're the cause of deaths, would that mean we're right and the entire first half of your post was actually part of your ploy to trick us?

Rinoa

I also think there is a prostitute. Jail keeper is an interesting role. But that would mean there are 3 roleblocking roles. I guess that makes sense considering everyone has an ability. Lots of roleblocking offsets it. Clever!

I think today we should consider two things. There are two groups we now KNOW are out there: Mason and Mafia.

Cyan was a confirmed Mason. I now have an educated guess as to who the other Masons are. But I don't know for certain. I'm not one of them, that's all I know.

Auron was a confirmed Mafia. Unfortunately, he didn't make many posts, which leaves us little to go on. See how tricky it is when Mafia doesn't post?

I encourage you all to look over posts made by Cyan and Auron. Who did they defend? Who argued against them? From there we can get clues on to who was with them and possibly against them.

Obviously my current vote doesn't do that. Freya and Basch, to me, are the last unconfirmed inactive people, and I'd rather just see them gone than lurking in the shadows until the very end. For some reason Basch's excuses strike me as more believable than Freya's. I will retract my vote in good faith that the other town members will look at the posts of people confirmed to be a part of groups, as well as other things that have been going on.

But please consider the inactive people in the list of your suspects. Consider it, that is all I ask. I am not just saying this just because I am on a mission for an active game, though that is part of it.

##Unvote: Freya
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:20 PM.

Ramza:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bahamut View Post
    As the town was in shock, a note was found stating that one of the following three roles was in play.

Cult Leader
    Insane Cop
    Jester

Day 2 has begun. With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is set for 6PM GMT on Sunday, 20th January. 24 hours. Go.
    From this The Ramza has some more info to add.

With 2 anti town factions already known, The Lovers and Mafia, The Ramza thinks a Cult Leader can be ruled out.

That leaves 2 roles up for play from our initial list, Insane Cop and Jester.

The Ramza hates to admit this, but The Jester looks more like a possobility.

However, The Ramza now thinks Cops need to pay closer attention to their investigations. If you came up Innocent on Auron, then you are probably insane.

If you came up Guilty on either Lulu or Irvine, there is a good chance you are insane. The Ramza is not sure if cop investigation would work on Lovers, as different types of factions are known for different kinds of people who can investigate them. (IE: FBI Agent to Serial Killer, Seer to Werewolf).

The Ramza is sure he doesn't have to mention this to the cops, but if the Cops are fairly new to this game, it might be a good time for The Ramza to warn them.

Really most of the The Ramza thinks is fairly obvious to be honest, but it hasn't been said yet, so The Ramza was getting worried.

Translation

1) It is not likely there is a Cult, as two other anti-town factions have been found.

2) Just giving the Cops a warning to watch closely who they targeted to figure out if they are insane or not.

3) Since Lovers aren't Mafia, it is possible a normal cop investigation would turn up innocent, so there is a good chance of insanity if they came up with a guilty on Irvine or Lulu.

4) Nothing to major in this post, just mentioning a few things that should be somewhat obvious, since no one else mentioned them.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 02:00 PM.

Freya:

About my first post, I just voted for reasons that other people had already stated concerning his post. Yes, one of them was Auron (I think). I didn't put too much thought into it, I mean I was either bandwagoning or starting it, and after reading everyone else's posts, Vivi made the most sense to me. Anyway, time to vote.

Let's take a look at this post of Auron's.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Auron View Post
    Players who are still inactive: Freya, Mog, Vivi.

Freya's only post:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Freya View Post
    I think I will trust Ingus and Edgar for this round. If either of them are mafia, it will become clear to us sometime in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by [m] Vivi View Post
    Lets get this over with.

##Vote: Edge

I really, really, do not like this post.

##Vote: Vivi
    Freya had a similar mindset as I did in the beginning about the Ingus/Edgar thing. Like I said before, Edgar is not as dodgy-looking to me now but that's still under investigation. Maybe Ingus just tried to pick a fight with someone and avoid being lynched to insure that he would be targetted during the night. Whether he was trying to aid the Mafia by joining them or aid the town by getting himself killed by someone else to prevent a Mafia recruitment is up in the air. That could be a reason that he acted so crazy. But back to Freya. She voted for Vivi but only because she really didn't like his post. Not having a logical explanation for voting is an easy way to get a group of lynchers after you.

Mog's three posts:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mog View Post
    Well, this should be exciting! Who should we lynch first, kupo?
    Wow, we sure have some active players this time. That makes it fun, but also a pain when I leave for short amounts of time. In any case, I really haven't come to a conclusion from everyone's bickering, and first day lynching's are silly anyway. But, since I know I've seen this happen once before...
    ##Vote: Aeris
    I'd love to see what Lulu has to say.
    The first one I'm willing to throw out. Just a little bit of spam introduction. The second one is much juicier. Mog mentions not coming to a conclusion but happens to decide on Aeris. He is the only one to do so on Day 1, playing on his thoughts of usually seeing someone innocent go down first day because of random voting. I remember Cyan pretty adamantly defending Aeris at one time. Cyan was a Mason, an awesome ally for the town. I'm mostly sold that Aeris is an innocent. Lastly, Mog posts on Day 2 but does not vote.

Vivi's four posts:

what up?
    EDIT: I take it I'm not good enough for a big M.
    Lets get this over with.
    ##Vote: Edge
    Everyone has to vote for someone, I just took a stab in the dark. I really don't think it makes a big difference.
    That's why I said I don't think it's going to make that much of a difference.
    First post, same as Mog. Intro spam. Second post, the one that made me suspect him. The voting had already started but he enters the fray by throwing in a random name without a reason. Third post, "everyone has to vote for someone" rule seems to not apply since a lot of people missed votes on Day 2. Lastly, he points out that he doesn't think it makes a big difference who he votes for at that early stage. There were still 20 hours left on Day 1, so I can understand what he may have meant. However, he never came back to change his vote AND has yet to come back at all.

I think it's entirely possible that all the mafia are just biding their time and letting us pin the blame on ourselves. In my opinion, it's insane that Day 3 is almost over and we only have half the possible votes in.

After looking at the inactives more carefully, I'm now going to have to say I also think Mog is more likely to be mafia for reasons stated above.

##Unvote: Vivi
    ##Vote: Mog

Edit: And there's Freya. And I almost put this under my real account ahhh.
    Here he named Mog, Vivi, and myself as prime suspects. I think we can assume that at least one of them is mafia. Mog has been a confirmed citizen, so we can knock him off the list. I know I'm not mafia, so for me that would leave Vivi.

Auron has spoken out against Vivi a lot, while Vivi hasn't said much at all. How very convenient if they were both mafia. If one of them were found to be mafia, the other would appear much less suspicious. Note how Auron changes his vote from Vivi to Mog.

##Vote: Vivi
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:03 AM.

Quina:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ramza View Post
    3) Since Lovers aren't Mafia, it is possible a normal cop investigation would turn up innocent, so there is a good chance of insanity if they came up with a guilty on Irvine or Lulu.
    You don't have to be mafia to come up guilty. You just have to be guilty. That's anyone who is anti town. ie; the Lovers.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:04 AM.

Rinoa

Auron voted for Vivi the very first day, before most of the day's activities had happened. It really doesn't make any sense for mafia to vote for one of their own that early. Even as a strategy it is risky. I will not rule out that this strategy was employed, I'm just not going for it today.

The other thing Vivi has going for him is that he was defended by Cyan, a Mason. Vivi hasn't done much, it's true, but when he has been targeted by a mafia (more than once) and defended by a Mason, it is hard to get me to go after him at this time.

If you go with what's obvious, Vivi is not mafia. If you go with the fact that mafia is trying to play tricks, then Vivi is mafia. At this stage I think it is unwise to try to figure out any complicated strategy the mafia might have. That can be done later when more evidence is available.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rinoa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Cyan View Post
    This my suspicions for Freya, Faris, Auron and Terra.
    This is one of Cyan's last messages. I am quoting it again. It is highly unlikely she would name her fellow Masons in the suspect list. Two are dead. Faris, at this point, doesn't raise my suspicion. Freya is the only one left. Does this quote prove Freya or Faris are dirty? No, but I think it does prove they aren't Masons. Today, I would much rather vote for someone who is not a Mason than someone who might be. If the Masons stay intact the Town will win the game. They are a HUGE advantage for us.

Freya, you need more than just 'Check out this complicated strategy I think the mafia is pulling' to get out of my vote today. To me, that is more mafia than anything Vivi has done.

##Vote: Freya

until she gives me a better reason not to vote for her, or someone else provides some other evidence.

Cid

Yup, Cids beard also agrees that makes Freya look a bit suspicious. She pointed out herself that one of Aurons three main suspects were probably Mafia, and considering that I am fairly certain that Vivi is innocent, I don't know how much being defended by a mason proves, sure, there is a chance that he knew Vivi was innocent, but there is no solid evidence on that.

The main reason Vivi looks innocent is because Auron voted for him twice without much justification and voted for him rapidly. There is a possibility that Freya is correct in saying that may have been a ploy to get suspicion off of a fellow Mafioso, but as of right now Cids beard is suspicious of Freya.

Come on people, post!
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Edgar:

I've read over the posts once more, and I don't even know how to react. Anyone I suspected is dead, or now has evidence to the contray.

Maybe I need to try and rethink everything and look at this from a completely different angle. Hopefully I'll be able to get something to add.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:31 AM.

Vivi:

oh dear, I honesty thought Auron was a genuine townie :/
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:50 PM.

Rinoa

Yep, can't get them all right Vivi. Would you care to post anything helpful, though?