Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 273741424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Mafia V: Official game thread (Day 7 - Game Over. Town Win!)

Rinoa:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Edgar View Post
    @Firion: For mafia that would be an excellent roleclaim. That way if I suspected you and investigated you, you'd be able to yell, "I'm miller you moron!"
    If he is mafia then you are a Naive Cop. So he would come up innocent if you investigated him.

I knew Aeris was a Mason shortly after Cyan's death. If you read Cyan's posts, process of elimination would lead you with Aeris as a mason. I didn't post about it because if there were other Masons I didn't want them to be targeted. But since there were only two, it wasn't that big of a deal anyway.

The wording checks out, so that is a point for you.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:39 PM.

Edgar:

How funny, I hadn't thought of that if he's not a miller I'm a niave cop. Perhaps I will invesigate him tonight. Wait, can't there be a doctor in play?

Now if Aeris is a mason, then I commend you for figuring that out so fast, I know I didn't. All because I'm a cop doesn't mean I'm the smartest player around.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:40 AM.

Rinoa:

Ok, let's assume that you are a normal, not insane, Cop. How would you propose how we proceed further? Cops should be directing the town, not defending themselves. Notice how I, an investigative role, am directing things and posting my ideas. I think you should do the same, without worring about your own fate.

Answer the following questions, and if they are done satisfactorily I will take back my vote for you.

1. Who should we vote for today?
    2. Who will you investigate tonight?
    3. If the person from question 1 turns up guilty and the game doesn't end, who should we go after tomorrow?
    4. If the person from question 1 turns up innocent, who should we go after tomorrow?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:40 PM.

Edgar:

1. Quina: His play has been; weird to say the least, but its his defence that makes me say this. His only defence has been that the only reasons are "just cause", and that is wrong right off the bat. We have asked him about him voting with Fran, and with that he didn't even dignify us with a response.
    2. I don't know right yet. I'm leaning on Firion just to see if I really am a naive cop, but you said assuming I'm a normal cop, and that would mean from that stand-point, Firion would be an awful person to investigate, because I know either way (whether he's town or mafia), he's gonna turn up guilty. Now seeing as I already investigated Ramza, and Aeris, you or Cid seems like a logical way to narrow it down.
    3. Tommorow is a tough question if he's guilty. The only real alliance Quina has shown is toward Fran, who's already dead (and mafia). I don't think anyone can really say who's the most susipicious for tommorow until I get an investigation in, and we see who's murdered. Anything I say before then would be a complete guess.
    4. If Quina is innocent, then I think we have to narrow it down to who made the strongest case against him, and who appeared to go after him the hardest. Which would have to be Ramza, even though he came up innocent, we know at least one person has to be a Godfather right?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:41 AM.

Cid

God, My beard is confused about Quina, I think though that she could still be Mafia, I doubt that a Jester would vote for themselves so obviously, but also there has been no evidence towards an Inane Cop or a Cult.

To Edgar, If you investigate me I don't know if I will turn up Innocent or Guilty, its part of being the Nexus, Chances are I will turn up Innocent because there are more townies in play right now than mafia, but I could still turn up Guilty, just to let you know.

I am worried about voting for Quina right now, but I am in alot of ways more worried about voting for Edgar. Quina I am almost certain is Mafia or Jester.

The main person I trust right now is Del Rinoa, after that The Ramza is who I think is innocent. Edgar has been my main suspect twice over the course of this game, once durring the first day, and that isnt saying much, and once recently, but that lasted a short time until his role claim. I don't know who to lynch today, but for now at least I am retracting my vote.

##Unvote: Quina
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:46 PM.

Rinoa:

1. Quina is not pro-town. Pro-town would never cast the deciding vote for themselves. Quina is either a Jester or a Mafia hoping someone (me) would see his self-vote was weird and cause someone else to be targeted. Quina doesn't need a defense at this point, because there is no defense he can give. The ONLY reason I took my vote off Quina was because of the self-vote.

2. I investigated Firion last night and they had no gun. A Miller wouldn't have a gun. If Firion was Mafia the ONLY possibility would be if here were Mafia Ninja. Why wouldn't you investigate Vivi?

3. It wouldn't be a complete guess. You should be able to make an educated guess as to who the suspects are at this point. I know I have. And you're one of them.

4. If Ramza was Godfather then a lot of things wouldn't make sense. Fran continually going after Ramza, me being role blocked night 1, etc. You would have to explain all that. Since there is no gaurantee of surviving the night at this point, you should post these things in advance. If you were town.

Cid: It makes sense for the Jester to vote for themselves if it was the deciding vote. We needed 5 votes to lynch and Quina had 4. The only reason the day didn't end is that I got to the thread in time and unvoted Quina.

Here is my proposal:

Today, vote Edgar. Edgar will either be Cop, Naive Cop, or Mafia.

If Edgar is Naive Cop, Firion is lying and we vote Firion tomorrow.

If Edgar is regular Cop, then we know that his investigations were solid and that clears Ramza and Aeris. It would also pretty much clear Firion as the Miller, since there wans't Naive Cop (no one has roleclaimed doctor and it's got to be pretty obvious that Quina isn't the doctor). That would leave Vivi, Cid, Quina, and myself as possible mafia. I'm guessing that one of myself, Ramza, Firion or Aeris would die. The remaining three should be able to tell if Vivi (remember he doesn't have a gun), Cid or Quina is Mafia (Cid I don't think you're mafia I'm just trying to be thurough here).

If Edgar is Mafia then we did good. Maybe the game will end at this point. If it doesn't we should probably turn back to Quina, because I don't have any other ideas at that point. If Quina isn't mafia then someone here is lying. At that point all of the notes should be looked at and the possible roles examined. It shouldn't be hard to find who was lying.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:41 PM.

Edgar:

1. My bet is still that Quina is a mafian, hoping his vote on himself would make everyone go crazy saying "Crap he's a jester".
    2. I forgot Vivi was in the freaking game he posts so little xD As for Firion not having a gun, I don't know, by this point, Psychotic and qwerty have confused me beyond comprehension, I could see them having two mafian roles without guns.
    3. Again, I'm a cop, not a god. There are roleclaims everywhere, and all of my investigations being innocent? I've never gotten this far in a game before, its not helping me that I this game has been insane thus far, Quina not being the last Mafian would confuse me even more then I have been now because he's my only suspect.
    4. I forgot that Fran went after him, but even that can be explained. Perhaps Fran and Ramza where hoping that they could use that to seal their "innocence". If Fran is trusted, no one would believe she could be mafia, if Fran is killed, then it'd be too tough to make an argument. But even still, I'm not saying Ramza is definitely mafia. I'm saying thats the only thing I'd be able to think of.

Before I post this I'd like to reiterate that being a Cop doesn't make you the best player in the world, because it appears you have that assumption.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:41 AM.

Rinoa:

Ok, I'm sorry if I was going too hard on you to present ideas.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:42 PM.

Cid

One think that is annoying is that we have had suspicions of Quina being the Jester before in this game, The mafia also loses if the Jester is lynched I think, If we end up voting for Edgar and he comes up as being innocent, and then Quina lives through the night, (Considering the Jester dose not win if they are night killed) then I would be damn near positive that Quina is Mafia, considering the Mafia shouldn't want the Jester lynched any more than anyone else does.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:46 PM.

Rinoa:

I hate Jesters. Have I mentioned that yet?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:42 PM.

Quina:

AAARRRGGGHHH!
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:08 AM.

Cid

Great contribution there Quina, always glad to hear from you
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:50 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Aeris:

I never realised that it was obvious I was a Mason.

That was a helpful contribution from you, Quina. Thanks. But, these kinds of posts just put me off voting them. I don't want to vote them, just in case they are a jester. Although, that could be the last attempts to save themselves - acting odd to put us off.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Rinoa:

Lynching Edgar would give us a lot of information for the next day if he is innocent, depending on his role. If Quina is innocent it doesn't really give us anything. If Quina is a jester we 'lose'.

If Edgar is guilty we have less to go on for tomorrow, but it meant he was a mafia and we had to get him eventually.

To me it seems like our best move.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:43 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Aeris:

That makes sense. It does seem like the best move we can make, right now. I don't like the idea of losing a cop, if Edgar is that - but I agree that we have nothing else to go on right now.

##Vote: Edgar
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:21 AM.