Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29394344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Mafia V: Official game thread (Day 7 - Game Over. Town Win!)

Rinoa:

Let's find out who Edgar 'investigated' today before we continue.

I was roleblocked by Ramza (though also protected, thanks kiddo) so nothing from me.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:44 PM.

Edgar:

I tried to Investigate Cid, when I got the PM back it said that I investigated myself.
    So Cid must be telling the truth about his roleclaim of Nexus.
    I'd love to stay and play more, but its 12:30 where I am, thus, bed time.
    G'night.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:43 AM.

Cid

Well I am glad that you know I'm not lying now, but I really wish that the bounce had hit someone else -.-
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Rinoa:

I thought you were going to target Firion, Edgar?

6 alive.

Rinoa - Gunsmith
    Cid - Nexus
    Aeris - Mason
    Firion - Miller
    Edgar - Cop
    Vivi - ???

Two people stick out. Now, I am pretty sure that the first four on that list are telling the truth.

Obviously I think I'm telling the truth.

Cid is Nexus because none else claimed Bomb or Prostitute. Obviously no one would claim Prostitute, so Cid could be that. However, if Cid was lying about that then Edgar would be lying about his investigation, which would make them both mafia.

Aeris is a Mason because no one else claimed Mason, and having only one Mason would be stupid.

Firion is a Miller because no one else claimed Doctor. Yes, Edgar did claim Cop, and he could be a Naive Cop. But I don't think so at this juncture.

So I think us four need to decide who to lynch: Edgar or Vivi. I still think lynching Edgar will prove something, while Vivi will prove very little.

One of these roles are in the game:

Cult Leader
    Insane Cop
    Jester

One of these are in the game:

Beloved Princess
    Mafia Cop

Edgar and Vivi's roles must come from there. My belief is that Edgar is Mafia Cop and Vivi is Insane Cop or a Jester with some limitation that he can only post a sentence at a time or something.

I think we should lynch Edgar. If the game doesn't end, lynch Vivi/Cid the next day. That will be a tough call but I would go with Vivi since Cid has been pretty helpful. If we miss that lynch then mafia wins. ONLY TWO DAYS REMAIN.

##Vote: Edgar
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:44 PM.

Firion

Sounds like a plan. The vivi making short posts seems plausible. so

Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 09:59 PM.

Cid

Alright, I think this sounds like a plan.

EDIT: I still dont seen why Edgar would cover for me if he was Mafia now that I think about it. If he was Mafia, investigated me and then told you all that I was guilty then I would look alot more suspicious, instead he told the truth showing me as innocent, I need a bit of time to mull this over. He could have been trying to prove that he was innocent and turn us against Firion or Vivi (depending on who was innocent) I might feel safer about hitting Vivi, just roll it around, I will vote for Edgar if you still think that it is the best move, I just think this is worth thinking about.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Edgar:

I was going to target Firion, but I had qualms about doing it during the night, because it started to seem like a waste, I decided that the chance of him being a miller was greater then the chance of Cid being something. Anyway.

I don't see how killing me is the "best option". The argument against me seems weak.

I thought about it while trying to sleep (needless to say I couldn't sleep at first xD) and right now as I see it, I actually two suspects.

1. Vivi: Seriously he fell off the earth, I don't trust it. I know Auron targetted him as a suspect, but that could all be a gimmick to clear his name (if it was then it worked).

2. Rinoa: (DUN DUN DAH!).
    I noticed that we where all following her like sheep. I think the reason we're followng her isn't because she's Del, or isn't because she's the very best player in the world, but because of her roleclaim, and how she killed Fran with it. That doesn't clear her in my books. Especially after yesterday. Let's look at it from her perspective if she was a mafia.

If I'm correct here is how it makes sense because this is how the sinerio would've worked out for them, Fran and Quina are taking heat so they all agree one of them needs to continue with a totally cleared name, they pick Rinoa (she had nothing against her at the time). She throws Fran under the bus, next round starts that she just lost a teamate, and now, she's going to lose another (Quina), she now think she has to argue against Quina to continue to have her name cleared. -But- Afterward she has a change of heart, because she sees that there is a hole in my argument, that I can't get rid of, because I told all the truth, but thanks to Psy and qwerty giving us "hints" the truth isn't enough, you can still be framed. She notices how trusted she is so, she gives it a shot, and everyone started to argee with her again. Her mafia pal would've actually lived another day if Psy didn't decide it was unfair to me because Quina had already been pushed over.

Thats my opinion, I'd be a black sheep if it was for the good of the town, but here I can't say it is, when someone who looks like mafia to me, is running the town.

Rinoa:

Edgar, that was the right move you just made. If you went after anyone but me I would have been disappointed.

Cid: Edgar did that to further implant himself as good, and to win you over. I'm not sure about the role of Nexus but let me state something. If someone targets a Nexus, a random person gets targeted instead, right? But are you told who the target is? I thought you would just get told the result. If I was the moderator that's how I would do it, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rinoa
    One of these roles are in the game:

Cult Leader
    Insane Cop
    Jester

One of these are in the game:

Beloved Princess
    Mafia Cop
    Please remember this. These roles are in the game. If you guys lynch me, you have one last chance to get the Mafia, assuming there isn't two. Aeris and Firion, I would say the ball is in your court right now. I'm going to lay out the scenarios.

Edgar is the Mafia Cop. There is no other Mafia. I am telling the truth about my role and Vivi is one of the first day's roles. Possibly Jester with some post limitation. This is what I believe the scenario is right now.

Edgar is the Mafia Cop, and the game doesn't end. This means Cid is either the Prostitute, or I am some Mafia that hasn't been named. Vivi would still be one of the roles revealed the first day. However, this would put the Mafia at 5 members, and with the possibility of Saulus they could have 6 members. To me that is too many. Remember though, Cid cannot be the Prostitute without Edgar being the Mafia Cop, since Edgar cleared Cid today. Vivi and I are once again not part of the equation.

Edgar is a Naive Cop. This would put Firion as Mafia. Why Edgar didn't investigate Firion to prove this is easy to tell. It's because he's Mafia. Anyway, under this scenario if we lynch Edgar and he comes up Naive Cop then we take out Firion the next day, no exceptions. However, under this scenario it would mean I was a liar, since we have two roles and two people left. That would again put us at two mafia. It would be up to you guys to trust me that this isn't the scenario. It's highly unlikely.

Finally, Edgar is a regular Cop. But remember, if Edgar is a regular Cop, this would leave two possible roles for two unconfirmed people. This would make me a liar again. So, if Edgar is a regular cop, lynch me, because it would mean I am the Mafia Cop. And the town would still win.

There are no other scenarios I can think of. If you have one, post it. Do you notice how much information we would get if we lynched Edgar? Unless the final Mafia are me and Firion, lynching Edgar would be a win for the town under any scenario.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:46 PM.

Edgar:

Let me start by saying, when you held the game the PMs said "Town" and "Scum" so how you would have run the game holds no ground. I asked what Cid was, instead I got Edgar: Innocent.

Continuing, you pointing out I didn't investigate Firion which would've possibly confirmed a Mafian. Investigating Cid had the possibilty to do the same, if not more. If I had investigated Cid, and it bounced on to Firion, it would've been game over, we would've had a huge boost in information, so I still consider my choice the correct one.

Moving on, you claim I'm the mafian cop, because either that or Beloved Princess is in the game. Where I agree a mafian cop is more likely then a Beloved Princess, you forget its also possible that your the cop, which is why you can say so calmly Vivi doesn't have a gun.

I also like, how all of your plans include you and Firion surviving till next round. Reviewing everything, I found it hard to choose between Cid, that is true, I chose Cid just to see if I could get lucky and kill two birds with one stone (my investigation bouncing to Firion). So Vivi really shouldn't be my suspect, because now that I think of it, I doubt Psychotic would let a mafian member be THAT inactive. That means Firion, and Rinoa are my two top suspects, and all of your plans have both of you lasting til next round.

Next round will have four people, if you are both mafia, then if you both survive this round then we lose.

Expanding on that idea both of you where in such a rush to vote and get me killed. My theory is that is because you know that if one person falls for it, agrees, then the mafia wins.

I don't think you'll be changing my opinion anytime soon.

## Vote: Rinoa

EDITGA: If you are the only mafian Rinoa, you've covered your butt pretty good. You remembered to mention "If Edgar is a normal cop lynch me next round." Guess what, I already know what you'll say next round, "WHAT A SECOND! I forgot there's a chance we aren't told if someone is a naive cop! Oh well, we should lynch _______________, instead because _________________"

Rinoa:

Well guys, there you have it. It's up to whether you believe Edgar or myself.

Please notice that Edgar focused more on defending himself while I am trying to present scenarios and paths that you guys could go down. Notice he chose to focus on the one scenario where lynching him is bad for the town. Notice now how he is only presenting ideas of how I am Mafia and leaving Vivi out of the equation.

If you lynch me, the town still has a chance of winning if there is only one mafia left. If for some reason you decide to do that, I implore you to lynch Edgar next round.

My role has no further use. Edgar has a gun whether he be cop or mafia. I am not afraid to die as I believe there is only one mafia left. Edgar. But I'd rather you did it today rather than tomorrow in case there is more than one.

I don't feel like arguing much any more, as I know who Edgar is and how much he loves to argue, so that's why I'm choosing not to directly address many of his points (which do have flaws, maybe you can figure them out for yourself). See day 1 for what I am talking about.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:46 PM.

Cid

This is how I see it going down, My beard trusts Del Rinoa, I simply cant see someone who is Mafia going after two people who aren't mafia like she did. I say we go after Edgar today, over the night, if we don't win today and assuming Rinoa isn't killed during the night, Del Rinoa sees if Firion has a gun. I think this is the safest way of looking at things.

Edit: Vivi where are you!

Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:52 PM.

Vivi:

Vivi to the rescue!

*casts meteor*
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:55 PM.

Cid

Now that you have graced us with you presence oh short one, would you please offer your input?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:53 PM.

Vivi:

I could come up with something, but a lot has already been said. However I would say remember other players like Firion and Quina, there have been some stuff against them I think.

Look guys, I did more than one sentence!

EDIT: lol Quina is dead, nevermind.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:55 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Aeris:

I really don't know who to vote at this moment. But, my gut instinct - which has been wrong so many times, it's a wonder why I still listen to it - says to go with Edgar as a vote. If he does end up being innocent, then we'll get Rinoa tomorrow. It'd be the same if I was to vote Rinoa, and they ended up being innocent - I'd vote Edgar the next day.

Sorry Edgar, but...

Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:21 AM.