Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 591011121314151617181920212535 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia V: Official game thread (Day 7 - Game Over. Town Win!)

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

I'd say, the way Ingus was acting, his time was short anyway. Imagine if he got targeted by Mafia and the Vigilante or Serial Killer targeted Edgar, who if you'll remember was having a negative back-and-forth with Ingus. We find Edgar's body in the morning, suspect Ingus of persuading the Mafia to kill Edgar, and end up lynching him the following day.

This turn of events, however, produces a similar outcome (with Edgar still being alive of course) and reveals to us the fact that there are other roles with nightkilling power. This here makes the game far more interesting and dangerous for all of us.

That being said, since Ingus was probably going to get lynched sometime in the near future, it probably wasn't the best use of a nightkill. Then again, it also prevents the Mafia from growing in size by recruiting Saulus, so it really has positive and negative impacts for both sides. I'm as confused as Rinoa and Fran are.
    Last edited by [M] Harry - Dad's Dad; 01-19-2008 at 06:46 PM.

Lulu:

That was a bad round we need to reconsider our tactics.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Edgar:

I donrt think ill be able to play this too much right now because we think my grandmother had a stroke
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:20 AM.

Rinoa

If that's true, I'm sorry. But why would you post that as your mafia account instead of your regular account?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:08 PM.

Lulu:

I'm going to lynch Edgar because at the moment he is the most suspicious. But I am open to change my vote judging by the evidence that will be provided throughout the day.

##Vote:Edgar

Fran:

Edgar, I'm really sorry about your grandmother. But I think given the situation, it's more fair to everyone if you excuse yourself and have a replacement take over.

Otherwise, by telling us about your grandmother, you're basically asking us not to vote for you based on the fact that you are going through a rough time personally in your life. And that's really not fair to us. The game really isn't all that important when compared to real life events. So maybe it would be better to just step away from it and not worry about this game for awhile. Psychotic can probably figure out a way for you to share accounts or something, so that the role is still active, but you can be away for awhile to take care of more important stuff.

I would personally feel like voting someone out cause they're grandma is suffering from a stroke. But at the same time, I feel like it's unfair NOT to vote you out simply for that reason. I dunno.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:03 AM.

Edgar:

yeah I think Im going to want a replacement so I'll ask Psy to replace me.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:20 AM.

Rinoa

My suspicions of Edgar never really went away. The only thing that happened between the time I voted to now that helped his cause was the fact that Ingus turned up innocent.

The grandma thing has two scenarios:

1. Edgar is telling the truth and won't be able to participate much.
    2. This is some kind of mafia trick.

Either way Edgar has little value to the town at this point, unless he can claim a really helpful role. But if he chooses to do so it will take a lot of convincing on his part.

Also Edgar voted for Rydia, a confirmed citizen.

##Vote: Edgar

For the reasons stated above in addition to my suspicions before.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bahamut:

Edgar is telling the truth. If anybody were to use that as some kind of trick, then I would kick them out of the game because that's just sick.

As it stands, we're looking into a replacement or possibly an account share.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:32 PM.

Edgar:

so should I reveal who I am or not
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:21 AM.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay stop. I'm posting as a mod now. I think it's really, really, really, really disrespectful to say things like "the grandma thing" and suspect Edgar's player of using something like that in gameplay. I will not say it isn't a possibility, but what you should ALL do is wait for Psy or qwerty's official word on the situation instead of cruelly speculating about someone making up a story about a, frankly, terrifying situation for the player's family.

So yeah. Wait for the game mod's word on what to do, but don't disrespect someone like that.

EDIT: I didn't refresh before I saw what Bahamut said, but I think what I said still stands. Now I'll shut up.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Cid

Well this just throws a wrench in everything, here I was hoping to get out of the rough waters of day one, and no Ingus is dead, not killed by the Mafia it would seem, no Mafia hit, Edgar the person I voted for on day one is leaving, this is just delightful...

I still have quite a bit of suspicion towards Edgar, but I will wait to see if there is a replacement, if he does get a replacement... they are pretty much screwed, but I don't want to vote until some other people have spoken there peace... but if nothing convincing, Edgar should be ready to walk the plank by the look of things.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:47 PM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Edgar View Post
    so should I reveal who I am or not
    Please don't do that. Just sit tight and we'll take care of that kind of stuff.

Rinoa

Oh sorry. But honestly, I was going to vote for you anyway. I'll just leave it for now and see what others have to say.

foa: I trust nothing that is said in this thread unless it's by the game moderator.

Lulu:

Edgar is still an account but his player will change is all, I'm sorry for your grandmother Edgar...