Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8121314151617181920212223242838 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia V: Official game thread (Day 7 - Game Over. Town Win!)

Firion

While I understand the basis of your non Cyan suspicion, new edgar, but I think we should address him.

Cyan had brought forth the rydia issue. Personally, I don't think rydia hadn't done anything wrong, they were just stupid. Look at all the previous games, there was always someone doing something odd, hypno did it, BoB did ect ect. I saw no reason as to why they would be an immediate threat. Yet Cyan, during his analysis throws in Ingus, who at the time I believed to be the townie he was. Also they brought up vivi. They made a point on how the beginning vote of vivi's was suspicious. Yet how the suspicion shouldn't be held.

If you look at the list, two confirmed townies and one "?" A mafia might want to throw in two townies and at least one mafia. It was the people who choose to believe cyan. If they picked vivi instead and got a mafia member then cyan would have support. Could vivi be a mafia member as well as the possible Cyan? Yet vivi himself hasn't done much to earn that suspicion just yet.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Aeris:

Or both the mafia and the Vigilante, or whatever they are, targeted Ingus. That would still mean that only Ingus would get killed.

Also, the suspicion for Edgar I was feeling has near gone since there's been a replacement. Although, this could be a mafia trick. But, he did pick up on the Lulu thing, which I never noticed at all - but I'm still going to hold out on making any proper accusations.

In terms of Cyan, I do think there was decent enough reasons for suspicion of Rydia, since it was the first day - nobody really has a clue who to lynch. Well, the reasons behind being suspicious of Rydia weren't really all that great, but did we have any other half-decent suspects? Ingus, as people were voting first? He ended up being a Townie too. Who else gave us reason to maybe suspect them even slightly?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:15 AM.

Cid

I was feeling somewhat suspicious toward Lulu earlier, but my beard told me not to worry about it, I am still suspicious, and my beard is getting anxious.

Sorry new Edgar, I still have my suspicious towards you, but my beard must admit that you make some good points.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:47 PM.

Ramza:

Indeed, though if a Vigilante exists, and both Mafia and Vigilante target Ingus, who did the other killing/Anti faction target?

The Ramza has noticed the past two games both had multiple Anti-Town Factions. So, if we assume that it was the Cultists, then we can't assume the protection is what stopped a second kill, as both could have targeted Ingus.

If it is actually a killing faction, however, then we can probably assume that one protection worked, as it is not likely 3 night kills targeted one guy.

So as soon as a Non-Mafia, Anti-town Role is revealed, The Ramza is starting to think this line of thinking won't help the town much.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 01:53 PM.

Fran:

Ramza, you suspicious dog, you.

I may be giving you too much credit, but I can't believe that you are honestly so confused about so many things. I am automatically suspicious of anyone who puts up an act or gimmick so forgive me if I'm wrong, but you seem to have two going on (the whole "the ramza" thing and the cluelessness thing) and that makes me doubly suspicious of you!

Cults don't kill, they recruit. The game hosts said that only one of the three roles is in play. There is no role called an "insane cultist". The Mafia's kill was obviously blocked or else someone else would have died. And so on and so forth. What is with you?

If you are town, I don't think you're doing us any favors with the act of your's it's only serving to make your posts sound confused and annoying. If the whole confusion about various aspects of the game is not an act, then I'm sorry about pointing that one out. It's just that last time when people were playing dumb about a night kill, it was the Mafia trying to make people think certain things about the night time activity. If it's happened before...

A word on cults. Everyone please remember that while mafia can kill, cults can STEAL players away from us. If they grow unchecked, they can easily band together to win this game. And that's just as bad a defeat as losing to Mafia. A cult is a really intriguing idea and because it's an intruiging idea, I'm gonna say that it is actually in play. Psychotic and Qwerty would be so tricky.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:04 AM.

Firion

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aeris View Post

In terms of Cyan, I do think there was decent enough reasons for suspicion of Rydia, since it was the first day - nobody really has a clue who to lynch. Well, the reasons behind being suspicious of Rydia weren't really all that great, but did we have any other half-decent suspects? Ingus, as people were voting first? He ended up being a Townie too. Who else gave us reason to maybe suspect them even slightly?
    Funny thing was, ingus was GB as many know. And if anyone did pay attention, he was mafia twice before. He was way too open, he had been mafia before so unless he was trying a new tactic, he'd want to survive not stick his neck out like he was. So that's why I thought he was townie. As I had stated right before, rydia wasn't doing much but making joking posts like previous ed, jojee, and DD.

ON THAT NOTE. Anyone remember jojee replacing ed last time? Oh yes, ed was a prime suspect in everyones eyes until joy replaced, lo and behold, They came out to be the mafia godfather. Just cause there is a replacement, I do advise to not get rid of suspicions.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Well, Quina's off my suspect list. For now.

Personally, my guess on the revealed role is Insane Cop, and it would behoove all of us to wait on a ruling of who the cops are and how sane they are.

I think Lulu's suspicion is unfounded, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's Mafia; she may have just interpreted some of Edgar's posts incorrectly in the interim between the two quotes mentioned previously.

Now then, with Quina no longer being a prime suspect of mine, and my opinion on Lulu, the current prime suspect, being readily available above, who do I suspect now? Apologies for the overuse of "suspect".

Vivi - Voted for Edge, the only person not yet to post in this thread. Mafia voting for a random known non-Mafia? Or, a sneaky plan by Vivi as a Mafia to vote for one of his fellow Mafia, who hadn't posted, just as a seemingly random vote to draw attention away from both of them?

Edge - See Vivi, but obviously no evidence as of yet. Hardly a strong suspect in my eyes, but there's always the possibility.

Cyan - As mentioned by Firion, Cyan started the voting for Rydia with a bunch of evidence that seven of us, not knowing any better, followed nigh-blindly. I was one of them, of course. Now that Rydia has turned out to be an oddly-posting Townie, Cyan's arguments look more suspicious, as Firion pointed out.

So Vivi and Cyan are the big ones for me right now. No vote as of yet, of course.

Ramza, where did you get the idea of a third killing, Anti-Town faction? So far only two nightkill sources are confirmed: the Mafia and whoever killed Ingus (possibly Vigilante). Could you explain in a bit more detail where that notion came from?

Ramza:

The Ramza didn't read up much on the Cults, so just had something wrong, and The Ramza missed over the part that said, "One" and thought they were all in.

Also, how is The Ramza playing dumb about a night kill? All we need is 1 Vigilante, and two anti-town factions to get three kills. If that is the case, where is the third kill? Were both blocked?

And how is it so obvious the Mafia kill was blocked? If there are in fact Cultists, and there are only two kills, why was there only one?

1) The other Kill Was Blocked.
    2) They targed the same guy.

Why would a Vigilante wanted to target Ingus? Because he seemed like Mafia to many.

Why would Mafia Lynch Ingus? To put blame on two other people, The Ramza for initially going against Ingus, as well as Edgar for his fight against Ingus.

Mind you option 2 is under the assumption that both The Ramza and Edgar are not on the side of the Mafia. Mind you this does not exclude us form other anti-town roles.

So tell The Ramza, why is it so obvious to you the Mafia kill was blocked?

Edit: To Irvine
    The Ramza was only saying that if a thrid killing faction existed, more possobilities could happen. And when did Third mention a third, killing anti-town faction?

The Ramza said a second Killing/anti-town faction, and presented a possobility on the night activities based on whether or not that was true. And with all the roles, a definate Vigilante possobility is there, leaving it possible for a total of three killing factions.

This was all The Ramza's speculation as to why there can't be to much trust placed a person that was protected on night one.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Faris:

Just by a guess I'd think some of the more inactive characters are possibly the most suspicious as of now. There's quite a few people we have hardly heard from, even looking into RL, they haven't posted much in all of day one.

Perhaps we should be looking into this a bit more perhaps and try and see if we can uncover any truths.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Fran:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ramza View Post
    Also, how is The Ramza playing dumb about a night kill? All we need is 1 Vigilante, and two anti-town factions to get three kills. If that is the case, where is the third kill? Were both blocked?

And how is it so obvious the Mafia kill was blocked? If there are in fact Cultists, and there are only two kills, why was there only one?
    You just answered your own question there, buddy.

The Mafia kill was obviously blocked because the Ingus kill was not their doing. If it WAS, Ingus would have been converted into Mafia rather than dying. So if you just think about it for two seconds, you come to the conclusion that if Mafia was not responsble for the Ingus kill and since there were no other kills, then Mafia kill was blocked.

Unless Mafia and Vig/Serial Killer both targeted Ingus, in which case it's possible that the Vig/SK kill overrode the Mafia kill/conversion. That is possible, but unlikely imho.

There's also the possibility that there is no Mafia. We just might have a bunch of cultist and serial killer running around. But that's bordering on Bastard Mod mafia, and I don't think they would have made the game THAT confusing.

Ramza:

Fran, you should read The Ramza's two possobilities. The Ramza simply gave a second possibility rather then try to make everyone believe that there was only one.

Tell The Ramza why you are convinced that the other possibility couldn't happen? The Ramza has also presented reason for why both would want to target Ingus.

Edit: Also, why is it unlikely? The Ramza recalls last game when a Serial Killer was targeted, his kill still went off. Why would the Kill of the Vigilante/Serial Killer not go off this time?

Fran:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ramza View Post
    Tell The Ramza why you are convinced that the other possibility couldn't happen? The Ramza has also presented reason for why both would want to target Ingus.
    Edit: Also, why is it unlikely? The Ramza recalls last game when a Serial Killer was targeted, his kill still went off. Why would the Kill of the Vigilante/Serial Killer not go off this time?
    I'm sorry to be blunt, but I think you're doing the confusion act again. Nowhere did I say that the 2nd option (both scum targeting Ingus) was not possible. I said that I believed it was unlikely. Why is it unlikely? Because why would the Mafia target someone who is already under fire? Isn't that GOOD for Mafia? Unless they're trying to weird mind trick where they messing with us just to mess with us and do something we would never expect from Mafia.

You seem intent on getting people to believe your version of what happened during the night, and your version just doesn't make much sense to me. That's the kind of trick that Mafia did last time with the sk/mafia night 1 kill.

You seem pretty intent on ignoring certain parts of posts, ignoring facts that are obvious and clear, rambling incoherently in some of your posts, etc. You may not be Mafia, but I do not think you are a helpful townie either.

If I were to follow my gut, I would vote for you. But my gut was obviously wrong the last round and so now I'm unsure about everything. My intuition if off in regards to detecting Mafia, and I don't trust myself as much as I did the last round. I mean, I was SO SURE Ingus was Mafia. So I will hold off voting until more evidence comes to light.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Ramza, we only know of the existence of two nightkilling powers: the Mafia and the Vig/SK. You're implying a third nightkiller when there is no evidence to suggest that one exists. I'm just confused by your logic, which doesn't seem to be readily evident.

Another possible reason for there only being one kill could be thus:
    The Mafia's kill is given to the mods by one person who represents the Mafia, possibly the Godfather. It's possible that that person was roleblocked and that a roleblock of a Godfather prevents the Mafia's kill. This is just a possibility.

Ramza:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Irvine View Post
    Ramza, we only know of the existence of two nightkilling powers: the Mafia and the Vig/SK. You're implying a third nightkiller when there is no evidence to suggest that one exists. I'm just confused by your logic, which doesn't seem to be readily evident.

Another possible reason for there only being one kill could be thus:
    The Mafia's kill is given to the mods by one person who represents the Mafia, possibly the Godfather. It's possible that that person was roleblocked and that a roleblock of a Godfather prevents the Mafia's kill. This is just a possibility.
    And as you presendted one, thats what The Ramza had done.

As The Ramza said, most other MAfia Games have had 2 killing factions.
    So there is a posoblity that if there are no Cultists, There is a Third killing Faction, if you count on their being a Vigilante or a Serial Killer. Though if there are only 2 killing parties, its likely Ingus was targeted by both.

All The Ramza is trying to get across is that anyone who protected someone Night one, shouldn't be too confident that they protected a potential Victim, and that there are many different possobilities exist from what was being suggested.

Rinoa

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rinoa View Post
    I am of somewhat agreement and I say that at least one of the people who haven't posted yet is mafia.
    I still believe this. At that point only Auron, Edge and Freya had not posted. So far Auron and Freya have only made one post each, to vote for Vivi. This was before everyone ganged up on Rydia. Edge has not made any posts.

I also think someone who voted for Rydia was mafia. Also, I don't think the whole mafia voted for the same person, because that would be risky. The people who voted for Rydia were Cyan, Ingus, Faris, Aeris, Irvine, Basch, and Edgar.

Unfortunately there is no overlap between those two groups.

Interstingly enough, once Rydia had majority, Lulu changed her vote to Ingus. Now here is my theory. The mafia didn't want to have their whole group vote for the same person since it would look risky. Once it became clear that Rydia was the one to go down, Lulu changed her vote to the second most person (Ingus) to diversify the mafia voting pattern. I think Lulu is mafia.

Also, the above evidence on how she didn't think Edgar was guilty, and then, after in my opinion little on him changed, she thought he was the prime suspect. On the other hand, this argument comes from Edgar, my previous number 1 suspect.

I have decided to give Edgar a clean slate with the new account holder.

Conclusion: I am voting for Lulu, but keeping an eye on the people I mentioned before.

##Unvote: Edgar
    ##Vote: Lulu
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:10 PM.