Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313171819202122232425262728293343 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia V: Official game thread (Day 7 - Game Over. Town Win!)

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bahamut:

Votecount

Lulu(4) Rinoa, Faris, Cid, Edgar

Ramza(3) Fran, Quina, Lulu

Edgar(1) Lulu, Rinoa, Barret

Barret(1) Ramza

Vivi(1) Irvine

Not voting:
    Aeris, Auron, Barret, Basch, Cyan, Edge, Firion, Freya, Mog, Terra, Vivi.

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is set for 6PM GMT on Sunday, 20th January. That's HALF AN HOUR from now. So, y'know, vote.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:33 PM.

Firion

Ah times about up. I'm gonna go with lulu. Edgar did a good job explaining themselves. I didn't see what could have been a problem with lulu but they clarified when I asked. Which I appreciate. So I can't say more than they have already.

SOOO

##Vote: Lulu
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 09:53 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Edgar
    [q="[M] Lulu"]Although Edgar I didn't say you were the most innocent at all during day one, I just said you didn't seem hugely suspicious.[/q]

[q="[M] Lulu"]Well if you manage to survive then we can turn our suspicions on to Ingus and Edgar. Though Edgar seems innocent to me.[/q]

Another glaring contradiction! You did say I was innocent. I even have the quote right there.
    Let's consider for a moment the difference between "most innocent out of a selected population" and "completely innocent". What I'm getting from Lulu's comments there is that she did not suspect you, Edgar, as many of us did, but no one can really be the "most innocent" on Day One, when no one has any real information and everyone's as suspicious as they are innocent. I don't think that Lulu is suspicious, and I can't see her being voted off helping anyone. Thus, I am voting for Ramza partly as a blocking vote, partly because of the confusing nature of his posts which are, as mentioned before, suspicious.

Now this will raise suspicion on me; well, that's the price I pay for trying to protect the innocent and misunderstood.

I still think of Vivi as the suspicious type, but he's been missing for a lot of the day so no one else holds any suspicions. That's what happens: the more you say, the more suspicious you are.

##Unvote: Vivi
    ##Vote: Ramza

Edit: Bah, Firion got in there before me. I tried, Lulu. Now we see what happens, I guess.

Barret:

OOC:Was the last Mafia game this wordy? I'm genuinely having problems keeping track of who's saying what since I only look on a couple of times a day and there's like thirty+ or so massive posts every time.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:38 AM.

Rinoa

Guys, I'm sorry if there is no clear cut favorite right now, but you have to vote. There is literally 10 minutes left. Hell, the people who haven't voted could easily form a majority and totally blow this day out of the water.

Lulu's posts since the accusations seem more like a mafia trying to save their skin than anything else, so I'm not going to change right now.

Barret: It does seem the more games we do the wordier it becomes. Once the weekdays roll around I don't know how I'm gonna keep up. Also, VOTE.

EDIT: Sorry Barret, I did not see that you had voted for Edgar.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Bahamut:

Votecount

Lulu(5) Rinoa, Faris, Cid, Edgar, Firion

Ramza(4) Fran, Quina, Lulu, Irvine

Barret(1) Ramza

Vivi(0) Irvine

Not voting:
    Aeris, Auron, Basch, Cyan, Edge, Freya, Mog, Terra, Vivi

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is set for 6PM GMT on Sunday, 20th January. NINE. MINUTES. TO MIIIIIIIIDNIGHT. Well, not midnight but you catch my drift, townies. And there's an awful lot of filthy non-voters!
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:34 PM.

Rinoa

Firion is listed as not voted. Also Lulu has voted twice.

People on the not voted list: I'm gunning for you next round. Voting for a citizen is bad, but not voting is MUCH worse. It gives you no information for discussion and does not move the game along at all.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Bahamut:

Thanks, Rinoa.

Votecount

Lulu(5) Rinoa, Faris, Cid, Edgar, Firion

Ramza(4) Fran, Quina, Lulu, Irvine

Barret(1) Ramza

Vivi(0) Irvine

Not voting (Look out for Bahamut's Mega Flare):
    Aeris, Auron, Basch, Cyan, Edge, Freya, Mog, Terra, Vivi

So there Lulu was, right, sitting around playing with her plushies (that somehow doubled up as possessed demon dolls from hell) and minding her business. She had just learned the ever-so-handy Firaga spell. Now she could use that "Want me to turn up the heat?" one-liner like she had always wanted to. But suddenly-

"BURN THE WITCH! BURN THE WITCH!" What was this? Distant shouts. Lights coming over the hillside. A lynch mob was approaching. And Lulu ran. She ran for her very life. Once they caught her, that was it. But the mob wanted blood, and it would take more than a fleeing Lulu to stop them.

She ran, she ran, and she ran. Until she came to a cliff. The mob had her trapped. Yes, dear readers, you probably know how this one will end.

"You killed Sephiroth! We always knew you were scum!" accused Rinoa.
    "No! No it wasn't me! You don't understand! It was-" Poor Lulu had lost her footing. She tumbled back over the edge into the abyss, never to be seen again. And unlike Dyne, there would be no coming back.

Lulu was a Lover (Doctor), played by Demon Dude. Thanks for playing!

What is a Lover (Doctor)? It's a bad thing. It's scum. You did well in killing it. And that's all I'm going to tell you. Oh, and it has nothing to do with the "Lovers" role on the mafia flash.

NIGHT TWO BEGINS NOW. Those with night actions, kindly submit them.

Blog Entries

Bahamut:

Night fell upon the town. Little did the citizens know that they would awake to a bloodbath.

It began simply enough. Terra fancied herself a bit of an amateur sleuth, and so decided to wander around at night to see what some of the other townsfolk were up to. It proved to be a foolish decision.

She was hot on the trail of someone she thought to be a perp. They ducked left down an alley, and Terra followed. Dead end. How was this possible?
    "Hello? Listen, I know you're down there. Come out now, scum. The game's over." A figure stepped out of the shadows and walked towards her. "Oh, it's you. Listen, I think there's some scum lurking about. We'd better be careful."
    "Perhaps, dearest" the other replied. "Perhaps some of us should be more careful than others." and they plunged a knife firmly into Terra's neck. She gasped and gurgled, and fell to the ground as the figure ran.

Terra, Tracker, was stabbed on Night Two. Terra was played by Sir Lancealot.

That wasn't all. Cyan had just been to a secret "wink wink" with "you know who" about "you know what". He still felt slightly guilty about the incident with Rydia yesterday, but that wasn't going to deter him from the pursuit of justice. No, something else this night would be doing that.

That something else was riding at the head of a herd of chocobos. They wanted Cyan out of the picture for good. He would be too damaging to be kept alive.

Cyan felt the ground shake. Funny, Titan hadn't been seen in a long time. Perhaps he was coming to pay them a visit? And then he saw the dust cloud. And the bright yellow. And then he knew his time had come.

Wham.

Cyan, Mason, was trampled by a horde of chocobos on Night Two. Cyan was played by fire_of_avalon.

Irvine was beside himself. His beloved Lulu had been cruelly taken from him by those bastard townies, and he hadn't been able to stop them. Well...he'd shown them. The blood was still fresh on his hands. Oh yes, my love, I have avenged you.

He decided to get the hell out of town and lie low for a bit, perhaps to come back later and continue his campaign of murder and terror. He rode out on his motorcycle...the one Lulu had always loved. The one he'd promised to take her for a ride on sometime. Sigh...

Unfortunately for Irvine, it seems somebody was aware of his plan, and had strung some piano wire across the dark country lane at neck height. A head with a cowboy hat and a ponytail was found rolling around in a field, several hundred metres away.

For there never was a tale of more woe, than that of Juliet, and her Romeo.

Irvine, Lover (Killer), was decapitated on night two. Irvine was played by Denmark.

Thanks for playing, you three.

Blog Entries

Bahamut:

Day three begins here. The deadline is set for 7.15 PM, GMT, Tuesday 22nd January. That's about 29 hours from now.

We might make an announcement about roles that are in the game later. Just want to see what qwerty says about it!

Edgar:

Damn. This game just got crazy!

I don't even know how to react to all of these deaths yet. But maybe since a Lover (killer) is dead, they can't target us anymore? If so whoever did that second kill on Irvine helped us we where (and still are) dropping like flys.

Bahamut how many votes to lynch?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:28 AM.

Quina:

Why are the dead people not dead?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 03:51 AM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Faris:

This just got interesting. We got us a bunch o' masons running about. Well good for us.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Edgar:

Alright, let's get this day rolling.

Here's some of my thoughts.

Lulu and Irvine, what is the importantance of the title Lover? Does Lover mean they where like Bonnie and Clyde and now that we got them we got them all? Maybe. In fact. Thats kinda what I'm leaning toward. That would make them almost like a Serial Killer, only two of them. But, why would I think that...

Here's my reasons why I think they're a dou of Serial Killers.
    A. They killed Ingus last round. I'm sure lovers can't recruit, it would go against the name, this would mean they fit.
    B. We are rid of a very dangerous pair. Lulu would protect Irvine every night, and Irvine would kill someone every night, lynching Lulu is the only real way to get rid of them. So if you voted for Lulu give yourself a pat of the back. But as you can see, if there is just two of them, this fits pretty well.

If I'm right.
    There must be a mafia. We got rid of the Serial killers, and a game with a Serial Killer, has a mafia.

So the real question is. How do we find this mafia?

I've spent a little time reading last round over again.

Irvine voted for Ramza. Ramza was the second most point gaining individual. At first glance, we should immediately be susipicious of Ramza.
    That would be a mistake. Irvine voted for Ramza but... (read the italisized text)

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Irvine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Edgar
    [q="[M] Lulu"]Although Edgar I didn't say you were the most innocent at all during day one, I just said you didn't seem hugely suspicious.[/q]
    [q="[M] Lulu"]Well if you manage to survive then we can turn our suspicions on to Ingus and Edgar. Though Edgar seems innocent to me.[/q]
    Another glaring contradiction! You did say I was innocent. I even have the quote right there.
    Let's consider for a moment the difference between "most innocent out of a selected population" and "completely innocent". What I'm getting from Lulu's comments there is that she did not suspect you, Edgar, as many of us did, but no one can really be the "most innocent" on Day One, when no one has any real information and everyone's as suspicious as they are innocent. I don't think that Lulu is suspicious, and I can't see her being voted off helping anyone. Thus, I am voting for Ramza partly as a blocking vote, partly because of the confusing nature of his posts which are, as mentioned before, suspicious.
    Now this will raise suspicion on me; well, that's the price I pay for trying to protect the innocent and misunderstood.
    I still think of Vivi as the suspicious type, but he's been missing for a lot of the day so no one else holds any suspicions. That's what happens: the more you say, the more suspicious you are.
    ##Unvote: Vivi
    ##Vote: Ramza
    Edit: Bah, Firion got in there before me. I tried, Lulu. Now we see what happens, I guess.
    Now he just chose Vivi to try and redirect susipicion and try and save Lulu's skin. But that doesn't change the fact, immediately afterward he was killed during the night. I bet Vivi came back, and panicked. He saw his name listed a few times in the first round, and now again in the second, and wanted to kill someone he thought was going to vote for him. Afterward he probably pursuaded the other members to agree and Irvine was killed during the night.

So here's what I think at the moment.

Ramza: Annoying, but I'm convinced he's innocent.
    Vivi: Very suspicious, he wasn't here at all yesterday, because I think he was trying to get his name taken out of the vote ballet. Irvine's death cements my susipicion.

Everyone else, I need to reread more of your posts before I post my thoughts on you.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:28 AM.

Barret:

Right now for me it's between Fran and Quina. While in the first round they didn't vote for the eventual lynchee, they did both vote for the same person. And in the last round neither of them voted for Lulu, who was Mafia, and again both voted for the same person, who coincidentally was being voted for by both Lulu and Irvine.

Since I can only vote for one, I'll go for Fran because they seemed to me to be the most analysing one and thusly the one who would be best eliminated so they don't cause as much of a fuss;

##Vote: Fran
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:38 AM.