Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 717212223242526272829303132333747 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia V: Official game thread (Day 7 - Game Over. Town Win!)

Cid

Gah... both me and my beard are having a great amount of trouble keeping up with this round...

I don't have much to go on except what I read in other peoples arguments, and that is alot of text to go through, I do think Edgar made some good points about Barret.

Quina... I just don't know, and as of right now I am not going to worry about it, the whole thing makes my beard hurt.

I think Cyan probably died trying to recruit a member of the Mafia, so for now I am going to go and look at who Cyan might have attempted to recruit last night, if there is someone that looks like a likely candidate for Cyan to attempt to recruit could likely be Mafia.

EDIT: Well I didn't really see anything during day to that offered any idea on who Cyan would try to recruit. If anyone else sees anything else that could be helpful.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:02 PM.

Ramza:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Cid View Post
    Gah... both me and my beard are having a great amount of trouble keeping up with this round...

I don't have much to go on except what I read in other peoples arguments, and that is alot of text to go through, I do think Edgar made some good points about Barret.

Quina... I just don't know, and as of right now I am not going to worry about it, the whole thing makes my beard hurt.

I think Cyan probably died trying to recruit a member of the Mafia, so for now I am going to go and look at who Cyan might have attempted to recruit last night, if there is someone that looks like a likely candidate for Cyan to attempt to recruit could likely be Mafia.
    The Ramza would like to point out that Cyan was a Mason, not a Mason Recruiter. It is not likely that Cyan has recruited anyone. The Ramza thinks its safe to assume that Cyan was a target last night.

Next, it has already been stated that the Saulus, (The Ramza forgets the spelling agian) would be recruited by Mafia if killed, so The Ramza beleives that there is a Mafia, Meaning the Lovers are/were the other Faction. (The possobility of the Lovers Child exists, so for now The Ramza thinks we can assume that there are no more lovers.)

Assuming there are/were 3 killing parties, it is likely Irvine died, but still got off his kill. So now we may only have 2 killing parties remainin. The Mafia is most likely one, and the other is either a Vigilante or Serial killer. (The Ramza apologizes if this was already said, The Ramza has yet to read all that was mentioned.)

The Ramza shall say more after looking over the rest.

Translation:

1) Cyan was a Mason, not a Mason Recruiter. He likely didn't try to recruit Mafia.

2) Given the Saulus, Mafia is likely a faction in the game, makign the second killing faction outside of Lovers.

3) Lovers are most likely gone now.

4) The Lovers (Killer) Most likely died after preforming a kill, meaning there is possibly only 2 killing factions remaining.

5) Said two factions are likely either Vigilante or Serial Killer.

6) I'll be reading what I skipped over to catch up.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 01:58 PM.

Rinoa

People keep saying they are going to read through the thread and type up their response but they don't!

But there is a lot of it. I like what The Ramza has to say. Really, nothing much has come out of the day's discussions, which is why there is not much voting.

Which is why I think we should RALLY TOGETHER and dump one of the inactive people. I've been saying this all day. I've been waiting for people to come up with something persuasive about another member but so far all they do is bicker. The great part about voting off inactive people is there isn't much argument involved, they aren't around to provide any!

I'm not 100% committed to Freya. She was on a list with Auron and Edge and both of them have showed up recently. I have not overlooked Mog, Vivi, and Basch.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 10:15 PM.

Firion

A quiet evening alone, that's what I was doing. Got me to think. "I need to write up my suspicion list already." Alas here I am.

I think we need to address Barrett and our replacement Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Barret View Post
    Since I can only vote for one, I'll go for Fran because they seemed to me to be the most analysing one and thusly the one who would be best eliminated so they don't cause as much of a fuss;

##Vote: Fran
    Just a wonder but wouldn't you want the one that posts the most to stay alive, that offers more of a chance for them to slip up. More evidence as well. Posting a lot isn't a very good evidence. If you went with that, there would be a number of people on your list.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Fran View Post
    Nice. So since I kept my vote with someone who I didn't think was playing well, it makes me suspicious. If I had changed my vote, I would have been suspicious too. Damned if I do, damned if I don't eh?
    If you had a legitimate reason for voting then you wouldn't be under suspicion right now. "Because he was annoying" just doesn't cut it in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rydia View Post
    ##Vote: Ingus because
    5. He's just god damn annoying.
    Who was a townie? Oh yeah.... rydia. Some people find the annoying thing a legit reason Mister Barret If they are going out of their way to have a different persona, an annoying one some may say, that could lead to them trying to fake something.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Faris View Post
    I agree though, Barret's vote is pretty fast, and I don't quite see the connections he points out in his evidence. Care to explain a bit more as I'm not entirely getting at your reasons.
    I'm simply looking at the voting patterns. If there's one thing I've learned over the years playing this game, votes give away everything. This is especially true in such a game where people have lots of time to consider their answers and can blantantly lie without anyone picking it up (in "real-life" Mafia games I tend to be something of a human lie detector making things easier). While we don't know if the Redded people were Mafia per say, I would say their concurrent demises, one at the hands of townspeople and the other through another means, suggests they were on the same bandwagon since it wouldn't make sense for anyone but non-Mafia members to target Irvine in the night directly following it unless it's some purposeful ruse to take people off the scent.

In the first round Fran, Quina and Lulu all voted for the person lynched. In round two they all voted for the same person again. This to me suggests that they're working together. I imagine Irvine decided to vote for Ingus because everyone was jumping on him and it was an opportunity to make sure an innocent died. They couldn't all change their votes however because that's just too suspicious. Now that Lulu is dead that leaves Fran and Quina. Of the two Fran is the one that's "doing the most damage" as it were.
    Um ok barret. He was an independent faction, him and lulu that is. They were out to kill everyone else, the mafia as well, just as the town was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baret
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Edgar View Post
    Other then vote, he’s done almost nothing! I think he may be trying to hide out, and lay low. Next look at the italicized caption (in his first post). He preaches that he can’t watch such speed voting. Then votes immediately in round 2 and 3. We found Lulu off contradictions, could we be on a potential mafian member with them again? Maybe, that’s why your on the top of my list.
    God your quote was a mess. Anyways, one of the reasons why I lie low and don't get involved in the mass disputes is because it's a sure-fire way to get people thinking your Mafia. I give my reasons and rebuttals to anyone who accuses me and lay low the rest of the time. Petty squabbles and over-analysing just isn't my style. I voted as quick as I did so my analysis could be right next to the voting scores so people didn't have to track back to check them (I'm assuming many would just say "o he's lying" and ignore me). I also suspect you so much it's unreal. If I had a concrete reason to vote for you right now I would, but at the moment your incessant double talk makes it nye on impossible to follow what you're saying/doing.
    Rarely saying something gets suspicion on you as well, quick voting also does that. The more you talk, and if you truly are a good orator then you should be able convince people what you say is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Edge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Quina View Post
    Barret: If you're going to lump me in with the Lovers, you're going to have to come up with some explanation as to what the Lovers actually are. I don't go for foursomes.
    I will say that after attempting to read through all of these posts and try to come up with some suspects I've found you the most suspicious so far. Irvine (a confirmed guilty person) was quick to take you off of his suspect list and defended Lulu (a confirmed guilty person):

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Irvine View Post
    Well, Quina's off my suspect list. For now.

I think Lulu's suspicion is unfounded, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's Mafia; she may have just interpreted some of Edgar's posts incorrectly in the interim between the two quotes mentioned previously.

Now then, with Quina no longer being a prime suspect of mine, and my opinion on Lulu, the current prime suspect, being readily available above, who do I suspect now? Apologies for the overuse of "suspect". My thoughts on that is that it may be because you are guilty too.
    Then he pointed his finger towards Cyan (a confirmed innocent person) as well as me (unconfirmed innocent person). That's why I'm thinking that those people on this list he went after are possibly innocent:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Irvine View Post
    Vivi - Voted for Edge, the only person not yet to post in this thread. Mafia voting for a random known non-Mafia? Or, a sneaky plan by Vivi as a Mafia to vote for one of his fellow Mafia, who hadn't posted, just as a seemingly random vote to draw attention away from both of them?

Edge - See Vivi, but obviously no evidence as of yet. Hardly a strong suspect in my eyes, but there's always the possibility.

Cyan - As mentioned by Firion, Cyan started the voting for Rydia with a bunch of evidence that seven of us, not knowing any better, followed nigh-blindly. I was one of them, of course. Now that Rydia has turned out to be an oddly-posting Townie, Cyan's arguments look more suspicious, as Firion pointed out.

So Vivi and Cyan are the big ones for me right now. No vote as of yet, of course.
    That would make Lulu and Quina Irvine's partners in crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Edge View Post
    Ah, well, if Bahamut clearly specified that the lovers role had nothing to do with the flash version that would mean that the whole thing with the person committing suicide the following night after the other was lynched could be faulty. Irvine could have very well been killed by someone else. The fact that they were also killer and doctor respectively leaves me to believe that it is possible that there is more than a duo of lovers with a different role (like a Lover(Cop) or something.

Which means that they could be a group faction with more than two people. Especially since they were scum. Basically, that would mean that the other scums probably knew about them and vice versa. Lovers could be the name of the mafia in this game. Ofcourse, this all seems like such a stretch, but something seemed puzzling about the fact that Bahamut felt the need to list two roles.
    Um ok barret Edge. He was an independent faction, him and lulu that is. They were out to kill everyone else, the mafia as well, just as the town was.

Stop spreading mis-info. Funny that you both say this, I'm seeing a connection between the two of you and i'm not liking that. So i'm leaning toward the masons or mafia belief in you two. More so the mafia thing. I can't even be bothered in quoting more, I'd rather not repeat myself more than I have.

Edit: silly typos.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 09:54 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Faris:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rinoa View Post
    Which is why I think we should RALLY TOGETHER and dump one of the inactive people. I've been saying this all day. I've been waiting for people to come up with something persuasive about another member but so far all they do is bicker. The great part about voting off inactive people is there isn't much argument involved, they aren't around to provide any!
    I agree with this. I said earlier we should look into inactives a bit more. Glad to see someone finally agrees with this train of thought.

For the moment I'll be voting Mog because he's been fairly inactive and that alone is holding some suspicion for me since we're already this advanced in the game.

##VOTE: Mog
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Rinoa

Ok, so that puts like 6 people with one vote.

Faris, what made you decide Mog over the other inactives?

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bahamut:

Five, actually!

Votecount

Fran(1): Barret

Vivi(1): Auron

Freya(1): Rinoa

Barret(1): Edgar

Mog(1): Faris

Not voting (remember yesterday, folks? Might want to get your votes in soon! Remember you can unvote at any time you like!)
    Aeris, Basch, Cid, Edge, Firion, Fran, Freya, Mog, Quina, Ramza, Vivi.

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline is set for 7:15 PM GMT on Tuesday, 22 January. That's about 14 hours from now.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:35 PM.

Rinoa

Ha, 9 to lynch? We'll be lucky if we get 9 that vote.

I'm considering changing to Mog just so we have a majority for someone.

Oh what the hell. He fits the type who I'm trying to get rid of, and we need to get things going. I'm pretty disappointed in everyone right now.

##Unvote: Freya
    ##Vote: Mog

Cid

I have to go to bed soon, and my beard is upset about the lack of activity... I want to have a vote before I go to bed, but I will look over everything again tomorrow, I really hope more people will vote.

Looking at what everyone has said I dont think there is enough to justify a vote towards Mog. I am going to vote for Barret for now, but I also think there isnt enough to condemn him with.

##Vote: Barret
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:02 PM.

Fran:

I am hesitant to vote because I don't want to be wrong again. I really want to help the town and vote for the right person, but I'm not omniscient and I don't know who is guilty or innocent. Following my gut has just made me suspicious to people.

But given that we're starting to run out of time, and I probably won't be there in the morning when this round ends, I am going to go for the person who had the most holes in their post. I hope for my sake (as well as the rest of the town) that I actually get this one right. I don't feel 100% about it, but it's the best option at the moment. I wish someone had presented a better case, but the clock is ticking down and no one has. And I would rather take the chance and actually contribute to the town by VOTING than be wishy-washy and not vote at all.

Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:07 AM.

Ramza:

The Ramza has noted something, not much was gained from this entire day for The Ramza. At all.

At least nothing the Ramza pieced together on his own.

In addition to original suspicions against Barret, The Ramza takes not of him saying Fran had switched her vote, thus making him look more suspicios.

In addition, Barret posted very little, until he was under fire. The Ramza believes a sudden change in patterns like that is odd.

The Ramza prays to the Gods that The Ramza is about to make the right decision.

Translation:

All I really learned from today was someone saying that Barret lied about Frans vote changing. IT clearly didn't. I'd rather no one mention it until later to draw someone else out instead, but meh, he gets my vote for sure now.

Sorry if you are town.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Faris:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rinoa View Post
    Faris, what made you decide Mog over the other inactives?
    Of the inactive people Mog I think warrants the most suspicion. Some of the other inactives have posted enough and greater detail that I can't really get suspicion out of them for being quiet earlier, such as Basch, Auron, or Edge.

However the 3 most inactive people I've seen thus far were Freya, Mog, and Vivi. Of them they all warrant suspicion, but Mog in my eyes is the highest on my list, Freya I'm attributing her partially to just inactivity, her one post hasn't made me too suspicious of her yet, and Vivi, I honestly don't know what to think of. He's quiet, has made the most posts of the three, and despite all that he's also come up in a LOT of discussions especially with Irvine(known scum). So I chose Mog of the 3, as I hold some suspicion towards Vivi, but at the same time it also looks like he might just be getting set up. So I'm withholding judgments towards him until I can either figure out what's up with him, or something happens allows me to figure out what is up with him and all the activity involving him.

Edit: Whooops said Irvine voted em first, looked over to confirm and realized I remembered wrong. Doh.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 01:41 PM.

Freya:

I'm so sorry everyone, both my internet and my partner's went down over the weekend. Plus I was unexpectedly transported to my grandma's house (weird coincidence, eh?). I'm posting from school now. I don't want to vote in a rush (got me in trouble last time it seems), so I will just read over everything carefully and vote later today.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:03 AM.

Auron:

Players who are still inactive: Freya, Mog, Vivi.

Freya's only post:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Freya View Post
    I think I will trust Ingus and Edgar for this round. If either of them are mafia, it will become clear to us sometime in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by [m] Vivi View Post
    Lets get this over with.

##Vote: Edge

I really, really, do not like this post.

##Vote: Vivi
    Freya had a similar mindset as I did in the beginning about the Ingus/Edgar thing. Like I said before, Edgar is not as dodgy-looking to me now but that's still under investigation. Maybe Ingus just tried to pick a fight with someone and avoid being lynched to insure that he would be targetted during the night. Whether he was trying to aid the Mafia by joining them or aid the town by getting himself killed by someone else to prevent a Mafia recruitment is up in the air. That could be a reason that he acted so crazy. But back to Freya. She voted for Vivi but only because she really didn't like his post. Not having a logical explanation for voting is an easy way to get a group of lynchers after you.

Mog's three posts:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mog View Post
    Well, this should be exciting! Who should we lynch first, kupo?
    Wow, we sure have some active players this time. That makes it fun, but also a pain when I leave for short amounts of time. In any case, I really haven't come to a conclusion from everyone's bickering, and first day lynching's are silly anyway. But, since I know I've seen this happen once before...
    ##Vote: Aeris
    I'd love to see what Lulu has to say.
    The first one I'm willing to throw out. Just a little bit of spam introduction. The second one is much juicier. Mog mentions not coming to a conclusion but happens to decide on Aeris. He is the only one to do so on Day 1, playing on his thoughts of usually seeing someone innocent go down first day because of random voting. I remember Cyan pretty adamantly defending Aeris at one time. Cyan was a Mason, an awesome ally for the town. I'm mostly sold that Aeris is an innocent. Lastly, Mog posts on Day 2 but does not vote.

Vivi's four posts:

what up?
    EDIT: I take it I'm not good enough for a big M.
    Lets get this over with.
    ##Vote: Edge
    Everyone has to vote for someone, I just took a stab in the dark. I really don't think it makes a big difference.
    That's why I said I don't think it's going to make that much of a difference.
    First post, same as Mog. Intro spam. Second post, the one that made me suspect him. The voting had already started but he enters the fray by throwing in a random name without a reason. Third post, "everyone has to vote for someone" rule seems to not apply since a lot of people missed votes on Day 2. Lastly, he points out that he doesn't think it makes a big difference who he votes for at that early stage. There were still 20 hours left on Day 1, so I can understand what he may have meant. However, he never came back to change his vote AND has yet to come back at all.

I think it's entirely possible that all the mafia are just biding their time and letting us pin the blame on ourselves. In my opinion, it's insane that Day 3 is almost over and we only have half the possible votes in.

After looking at the inactives more carefully, I'm now going to have to say I also think Mog is more likely to be mafia for reasons stated above.

##Unvote: Vivi
    ##Vote: Mog

Edit: And there's Freya. And I almost put this under my real account ahhh.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:44 AM.

Vivi:

Auron sounds like a good townie to me, either that or he's just a very good mafia playing some mind games.

Back now anyway, to actually play the game.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:49 PM.