Page 1 of 50 12345671121 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia V: Official game thread (Day 7 - Game Over. Town Win!)

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Mafia V: Official game thread (Day 7 - Game Over. Town Win!)

The heroes sat and rested. They had all undergone many trials and challenges in order to save their own respective worlds. They had saved princesses. Protected holy crystals. They'd even raced multicoloured birds for Gaia's sake! But now, cheesy money-spinning sequels aside, they were free. They could live in peace at last.

Or could they?

Fighting for the fate of the world had taken a heavy toll on the FF characters. Perhaps it was one random encounter too many. It could be because all the hi-potions that they'd heartily drank drew their curative properties from lead. Maybe they'd been exposed to more girly pretty boys with ridiculous hair than is healthy. Whatever the reason, something snapped inside some of the Final Fantasy characters. They turned their thoughts to their fellow townmates. They turned their thoughts to murder.

There would be no Phoenix Downs to save them this time...

YOUR MODERATOR

That would be[M] Bahamut! No, voting for him is not the hilarious prank you think it is, and he can't die anyway so there's no points. Psychotic and qwertyxsora are the ones who will be logging into this account. We'll help to tell the story, produce vote counts and move the game along.

All night actions will be PMed to [M] Bahamut.

DAY AND NIGHT

The game is divided up into a day phase and a night phase. Both the day phase and the night phase will last a maximum of 24 hours. We can and will change this if we feel the game is too fast or too slow. During the day phase, discussion takes place, as well as voting. The day ends with a town member being lynched, and then the night phase will begin. This thread will be closed at that point. Those who have night abilities will submit them, and once that is done (or once the deadline expires) a new day will begin.

VOTING

Every player must vote, and must do so on every day that they are alive. So if you're not going to be around for the deadline, it's best to get a vote in beforehand.

When voting, please do it in this format
    ##vote: name

You can also unvote for people. This takes the same form:
    ##unvote: name

When a majority vote is reached, the day will end and that person will be lynched. If there is no majority by the voting deadline, the person with the highest vote count will be lynched. In the event of a tie, there will be sudden death.

BASIC RULES

Borrowed from Miriel (hey we wrote the rest of this post ourselves, okay? )
    • Unless specifically mentioned in your Assignment PMs, all Mafia related discussion must happen in the Official game thread. Please do not discuss the game using instant messengers, IRC, Private Messages, voice chats, phone calls, snail mail etc. etc. No, we can't enforce this because we can't spy on you, but we would appreciate it if you followed this simple rule.
    • Do not reveal your role privately to each other. You can of course roleclaim as part of your strategy in this thread. Just don't do it outside the game.
    • Play nice. Even if you are using second accounts, don't resort to flaming and whatnot. Kill each other without resorting to being mean.
    • Please make all posts in the Game thread under your specific Mafia accounts.
    • Play fair. Also known as the "don't be an ass" rule. Being an ass includes cheating, diverging completely from your assigned role, going back and deleting or editing all your posts, using asshole-ish methods [M] to find out information about other people's roles, etc.
    • Do NOT use your Mafia accounts to post in any non-Mafia related threads.
    • You CANNOT abstain from voting!
    • NEW RULE OH MAH GAWD! Don't post your Role PM in the thread as part of a roleclaim. Use your own words to prove your role, not ours.
    Regarding roles and accounts
    • All roles were randomly assigned to each Mafia account, and each Mafia account was randomly assigned to each player using Random.org. So please don't assume that roles were assigned based on a Final Fantasy character's personality.
      Psy's note: It may seem like your role reflects your character because of the role PM, but that's just me trying to add some flavour to the game. They really were all assigned at random.
    • Also keep in mind that this is NOT a roleplaying game. You are not expected to act as though you are the person whose name you are occupying. And continually doing so throughout the game is discouraged. Cause, you know, that's just silly. The FF character names are merely vehicles that we're using to play the game.
    • Do not tell anyone the name of the account you are controlling. And don't use not-so-subtle hints, either, like arguing/agreeing with your real account, mentioning your real account's name and so on. Just use your brain.
    ROLES IN USE
    Most can be found in this flash. We may have modified some roles to make them more interesting or balanced, but the basics are all there. It's nothing you can't handle.

There are NO vanilla townies in this game.

We would like to make it clear that we took the issues of balancing and what would make a fun, chaotic game into account when we chose the roles to be used in the game.

ACCOUNTS IN PLAY

[M] Aeris - Mason, Raebus and Shauna - WINNER
    [M] Auron - Mafia Ninja, oddler, shot on night three
    [M] Barret - Roleblocker, Maxx Power, shot on Night Three
    [M] Basch - Faith Healer, Aerith's Knight, hit by meteor and shot on night 4
    [M] Cid - Nexus, Dolentrean - WINNER
    [M] Cyan - Mason, fire_of_avalon, Trampled by a Horde of Chocobos Night Two.
    [M] Edgar - Mafia Cop, leader of mortals & Goldenboko - lynched Day 7.
    [M] Edge - Vigilante, Shiny & Kentarou, Sledgehammered Night 5
    [M] Faris - Survivor, Bahamut2000X, Toastered night 4
    [M] Firion - Miller, Lekana - WINNER
    [M] Fran - Mafia Goon - Miriel
    [M] Freya - Wannabe Mafia Usurper, Jessweeee♪ & Death by Moogles, Lynched Day 4
    [M] Ingus - Saulus, Goldenboko, Restaurant Booth'd Night One.
    [M] Irvine - Lover (Killer), Denmark, decapitated Night Two.
    [M] Lulu - Lover(Doctor), Demon Dude, Lynched Day Two.
    [M] Mog - Watcher, Sheep, Lynched Day Three
    [M] Quina - Mafia Godfather, Roto13, Lynched Day Six.
    [M] Ramza - Jailkeeper, NeoCracker, pummeled to death Night 6.
    [M] Rinoa - Gunsmith, Del Murder - WINNER
    [M] Rydia - Hider, Shiny, lynched Day One.
    [M] Terra - Tracker, Sir Lancealot, stabbed Night Two.
    [M] Vivi - Jester, Sergreant Hartman, killed self Day Seven.

Let's play ball!
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 01-24-2008 at 03:34 PM.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bahamut:

It is now Day One. There were no Night Zero actions, obviously.

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch. The current deadline is 24 hours from this post.

The game begins now.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Lulu:

Lets get this thing started!
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:03 PM.

Edgar:

cool

should I make my location alive or not
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:56 AM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Faris:

Me thinks it be a yes.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 01:32 PM.

Ingus:

We have to get some votes in there so we can conversate, the mafia always wins if the town doesn't talk to each other.

So I'm gonna randomly vote for someone now to spark something that can hopefully lead to helpful conversation (note: to whom I'm voting for, I have nothing against you, this is to get the town to talk, and hopefully lure out mafia).

Vote: Fran

EDIT: FFIII FTW.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 02:55 AM.

Mog

Well, this should be exciting! Who should we lynch first, kupo?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 08:19 PM.

Cid

Ah, the game is underway, that puts wind in my sails! I am gonna hold off on random voting I think, at least until a few more people have posted.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:45 PM.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bahamut:

Ingus:

Please remember the correct format for votes is

##Vote: (Name)

Thank you.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:27 PM.

Faris:

Oy Fran. We hardly knew ye.

Edgar:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ingus View Post
    We have to get some votes in there so we can conversate, the mafia always wins if the town doesn't talk to each other.

So I'm gonna randomly vote for someone now to spark something that can hopefully lead to helpful conversation (note: to whom I'm voting for, I have nothing against you, this is to get the town to talk, and hopefully lure out mafia).

Vote: Fran

EDIT: FFIII FTW.
    hmmm... you sure were quick to make the first vote...
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:56 AM.

Faris:

Ingus be a new comer to FF too...

Fran:

##Vote: Ingus

For being in such a rush to kill someone, that he couldn't even be bothered to vote in the correct format. For shame, Ingus!

To be honest though, I'm lost on who to lynch the first day. It seems like such a stab in the dark. But we still have plenty of time, so hopefully during that time we'll have some people drop hints that they may be a bad guy (so I agree with you there Ingus!) and we won't have to lose a townie right away. Cause remember guys! All the townies have some sort of special role this time around, so every townie is potentially really valuable to the team. We want to be more careful about losing a townie than in previous games.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 12:01 AM.

Quina:

She's not dead. She doesn't even really have a vote yet.

EDIT: I'm slow.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 03:43 AM.

Edgar:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Fran View Post
    ##Vote: Ingus

For being in such a rush to kill someone, that he couldn't even be bothered to vote in the correct format. For shame, Ingus!
    it would have been so funny if you voted in the wrong format too, which you did before you edited the bold part
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:57 AM.