Thread: [A][Marvine Malic] Girl with a gun

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default [A][Marvine Malic] Girl with a gun

I have to run to work!!! Comments later!!!! XD

Edit: This is one of the drawings me and my friend Charlie have been working on under the name of Marvine Malic. Basically, Charlie does the pencil work and gives me directions (the snail logo is also Charlie's), and I ink the pieces and usually color them. This is not always true; I always do the inking, but sometimes the coloring is made by both or by Charlie (who loves to experiment with Photoshop effects, while I prefer to go for a "painted" style) alone.
    You can see the style is kind of different. I really like the way our ways of working blend; I could never do line arts so swiftly, or make costumes with all that originality and detail. For instance look at the girl's hair clips... they are actually shaped like fingers, complete with nails. It's an idea I could never have.

If you like it, the link to our Deviantart page is in my sig (it's been a neglected and lonely page. Pretty please make it happy!)

I have 2 problems, and one request.

1) They eyes seem really rigid.
    2) She isn't as hot as your Celes.

The Request, don't color her as a red head, please?

Otherwise, very nice as usual. I really enjoy the hand like Hair ornament and the feather scarf deal.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually like the eyes, but I admit that they do look rigid. Well, she's a fighter, so she sure was intended to give a sharp glance, but hum. I'll take your comment into consideration.
    If you think my Celes is hot, go look at my Sailormoon fangirl drawing. That is what I intend with "hot". :P

Don't worry, she will not be a redhead! In my imagination, she is a colored (or mixed-raced) girl.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

There's nothing wrong with it anatomically as far as I can see, although there are a few things that I have a personal dislike for, such as the lips - it looks like there is either a lipring or some kind of line of makeup (or something) going down over her bottom lip. I dislike people messing around with lips in general, and I dislike liprings etc, so personally I find that detracts from any natural beauty she has.

She's lacking curves (the lack of thighs is a bit eh for me), but then, some girls do lack curves and this is a video game character, which also explains the gun which looks a bit too large - these are all things you expect with characters based on video games. Which I'm guessing it is? I don't actually know for sure.

In all seriousness, though, I'd love to see this coloured and if you take away my personal taste in women I see nothing wrong with it.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    it looks like there is either a lipring or some kind of line of makeup (or something) going down over her bottom lip.
    She indeed has a lip ring. We thought it suited well her personality as a fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    this is a video game character, which also explains the gun which looks a bit too large - these are all things you expect with characters based on video games. Which I'm guessing it is? I don't actually know for sure.
    Actually no, this is not fanart. Charlie made her up completely. Heyyyyyy, video game companies! Designers available for wooooork!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Haha, g'job. But you'll need to come up with extremely original clothing that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever if you want the game designers to go for it. Like pants that don't have fronts for the thigh through to the ankle, or something. Because characters these days dress in the most useless possible clothes for the occasion. *nod*

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know that from watching a Baten Kaitos game. XD But if you look closely, I think I managed to insert a couple of impossible figures in the gun, is that the same? :P

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Haha, sorry, I was being a touch sarcastic without really realising it. But yeah, don't worry about your fashion design, if anything you've done exactly what game designers would like. I was just thinking that the only thing that would make a game designer reject a character with such strange clothing is because they didn't think it was strange enough. xD But yeah, seriously, it's all good.

Except the lip ring. Bah to lip rings! Worst invention ever.

Blog Entries

Love her sleeves ^^

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    I actually like the eyes, but I admit that they do look rigid. Well, she's a fighter, so she sure was intended to give a sharp glance, but hum. I'll take your comment into consideration.
    If you think my Celes is hot, go look at my Sailormoon fangirl drawing. That is what I intend with "hot". :P

Don't worry, she will not be a redhead! In my imagination, she is a colored (or mixed-raced) girl.
    Well color the damn sailor moon one then, cause until it is, I won't say its hotter then Celes. :P

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Charlie took up the task of coloring her personally, so if you want me to I'll post the colored drawing once it's finished.