Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil

Default Resident Evil

does anyone here play Resident evil 4 or is it just me..........

Funny you should ask since I was replaying just last night!
    Although whenever I pick it up again is just to play the Mercenary minigame thing.
    Ada and Krauser pwn all.

It's been almost a year since i played and beated the ps2 version with the extra missions.Awesome game.
    i'm currently playing the first R.E. for the DS. and so far it's great!I really like to use the stylus for slashing zombies!

Blog Entries

RE4 is the definition of win. Nothing like the rest of them, but it was still just as good.

Suplexing monks = great justice

there was a picture here

Resident Evil 4 is a good action game but didnt warm to me like the classic games in the series.

Blog Entries

There were too few puzzles in the game, I'd say.

I played it through a couple of times and then got bored of it. It lacked the charm of the...well RE games with actual zombies in them. RE4 just seemed...stupid. When it came down to weaponry anyway. Too easy, and not very long. Too few puzzles, Ashley was annoying (I mean, it's stupid how you have to save her over and over when in fact the priority should just be stopping the parasites.)

Leon was also too...stupid. His character changed too much since that other game. >_>

I sigh at the "No zombies" reasoning. I sigh hard. I don't know where to start with Sarc the Swordsman's post.

Blog Entries

He didn't say it's because there's no Zombies, he was just categorizing with that statement.

Aha, I see.

I still disagree with the rest of his post, mind.

Well, I'm sure you know what I mean. A lack of classic Resident Evil Zombies, so to speak. You know, the kind that bite, scratch and crawl across the floor longing for blood.

'Zombies' in RE4 just weren't scary to me. I mean, they yell in Spanish...all look the same (could have been more variety, although the same can be said with the older games). >_>

Just my opinion though, not a fact.

I loved Re4 so much I can't describe it. I'm happy with all the changes they made. After 1,000 games of ludicrous puzzles and zombies, it was hella time they moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarc the Swordsman View Post
    Well, I'm sure you know what I mean. A lack of classic Resident Evil Zombies, so to speak. You know, the kind that bite, scratch and crawl across the floor longing for blood.

'Zombies' in RE4 just weren't scary to me. I mean, they yell in Spanish...all look the same (could have been more variety, although the same can be said with the older games). >_>

Just my opinion though, not a fact.
    I dissagree 100% with everything you just said.
    I'm a big fan of the series but i was really glad that they tried something different.If you accept the fact that R.E.4 is not a survival game i think you'll appreciate it more.
    With that said,i don't want it to become a FPS either...

Well, the game has the exact same problems that are criticised of the other games in the series. Awkward controls and movement, were a big issue for me. The fact the game seemed more like a shoot 'em up than a survival horror game was also a disappointment - after all, it's supposed to be RE. >_>

As I said earlier, Ashley was just...annoying. Oh, and the parasites just seemed like something out of Alien. I'm not saying it's a bad game, it was just...overhyped. Plus, there was a lot of potential to make it better...but nothing was done. >_>

I can't believe you can't find one good thing about it. Seriously, is their not one good thing you like about it?

Every game has it's good and bad bits.