Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need some anime help plz...

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pureghetto View Post
    OP is obligated by anime law to watch Akira (mild violence) , Macross Plus/Zero, Gundam series, and other such anime from that era.
    Mild violence in Akira? PG needs to lay off the crackpipe more often. If he thought Samurai Champloo would be too violent for him then Akira is out of the question.

I'm not the biggest anime nut in the world, but I happen to LOVE Rurouni Kenshin. It doesn't fit your episode criteria, but it was an awesome anime. It's not violent at all. The main character actually promotes not killing. Well I dunno how it is later in the series, but atleast in the beginning. Absolutely spectacular. Give it a shot.

Case Closed AKA Detective Conan is also amazing. Also doesn't fit your episode criteria, but it is a very fun show. It's best watching them in order, but if you don't you won't miss out on much. It does have its plot, but most of it is solving mysteries. The Scooby Doo of animes. Highly recommend it.

Trigun is also another favorite of mine. Only 26 episodes too. Which is double what you want, but a lot less than my previous two mentions. Vash the Stampede is just too likeable of a character. I haven't seen the whole serious, but overall it wasn't very violent. LOVE AND PEACE! LOVE AND PEACE! Plus those sunglasses are sexy. Give it a try.

s-CRY-ed was also very neat. Although it might be a little violent. No blood bath gore or anything (that I remember), but there is a deal of fighting. Also only 26 episodes. I really liked what I saw. You might too. Who knows?

Lupin the Third is a very quirky, yet humorous show. It's more light hearted and comical more than anything, but it can have its moments. I got a chuckle out of every episode. Also short with only 23 episodes. Just an overall great, crazy anime. Although, it is definitely an old one. It's amazing!

Cowboy Bebop has already been mentioned, but it is a great show.

I feel like I'm forgetting some. If I think of them. I'll post. All of the shows I mentioned are absolutely amazing animes. At least watch an episode or two of them. I bet you'll be hooked.

Oh and shame on you for not liking Death Note. I love that series!!!
    http://z4.invisionfree.com/WiFi_Gym_...ex.php?act=idx

Join my wifi gym project. Leader spots are available. Please send me an application.

from what you've said i can drop out a few titles.

outlaw star (same air dates and company as cowboy bebop)
    love hina
    id recommend escaflowne but it get depessing as hell 2/3rd's of the way through (plus the end sucks)
    ikki tousen is good
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon Kain View Post
    Case Closed AKA Detective Conan is also amazing. Also doesn't fit your episode criteria, but it is a very fun show. It's best watching them in order, but if you don't you won't miss out on much. It does have its plot, but most of it is solving mysteries. The Scooby Doo of animes. Highly recommend it.
    I forgot about Case Closed! That's a good one too. Comparing it to Scooby-Doo is just wrong though, because Case Closed is actually, you know, good.

Also, if you're still looking, I'd also suggest Angelic Layer.

Haha. Scooby Doo is there just for the mystery solving. Case Closed is a million times better and more thought provoking than Scooby Doo could ever hope to be. Scooby's mysteries were easy to solve. Case Closed is a different story. Plus Conan is a total bad ass. Watch it now. I command you.

Join my wifi gym project. Leader spots are available. Please send me an application.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Hmmm...

Perhaps Shounen Onmyouji? It is 26 episodes, set in Heian Japan. It is pretty cool. Not a lot of violence, a bit of blood and has a pretty good plot.

Mushishi is also a good series. Nice music and a pretty interesting story, if you can call it that. Each episode is unrelated, with few recurring characters. The only real constant between each episode is Ginko (the main character) and the mushi. Otherwise pretty good.

I told you already, Watch Bebop again.

And yes, take Kains suggestion on S-cry-ed though just skip the last two episodes.

I found it to be a horrid way to end it.

I mean the main story is over on 24, the last two episodes were lame and entirely unnesscesary.

Though the rest of it is pretty kick ass.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Well, if you decide to watch any of these other tepid action shows, save Gurren-Lagann 'til later.

Because Gurren-Lagann will destroy your desire to watch any of them. The bar is set really high, people.

I would recommend X TV though it has some bloody scenes --nothing too much though-- and there's another one but it has a lot of episodes, though it is considered one of the best out there: Monster. It's a great psychological thriller.

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Everyone anime that I was just going to recommend (Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh) are ones you dislike. Dang. xD

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Tengen Toppa is indeed epic. Soundtrack is awesome, too.

Idun and Sephiroth fan Little Al's Avatar

Ohh gee I don't know. I'm not the biggest anime fan in the world either. Have you tried Serial Experiments Lain? (it is pretty deep, and in some points, good on the suspense meter). Another one I can reccomend is Osamu Tezuka's: Metropolis. (It has its share of lightheartedness, but it also has some suspenseful points as well.) Neither of them are too violent. (At least in my opinion.) I hope my info helps!
    Last edited by Little Al; 01-27-2008 at 02:42 AM.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Metropolis, now there's a movie I haven't seen in far to long. It is a really great movie. I really love the art style.

OH!
    I forgot Shin Chan!!!
    If that even counts as an anime haha.
    It is absolutely incredible though.
    Funniest show I have ever seen in my life.
    If you haven't seen it; do it now!

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, the Shin-Chan that comes on Cartoon Network is surprisingly excellent, if you're into that humour style. One of the small handful of anime I'd recommend you watch in English. Since it's a very cultural kind of humour a lot of it would probably go over your head if you watched it in Japanese.