Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soul Calibur IV

Default Soul Calibur IV

Okay, you people have your little Vader/Yoda Thread, now this Game deserves a real thread.

IGN: Soulcalibur IV Preview

So far, the Character Designs and artwork are beautiful, and it's fun that they introduced destructible environments. (Mostly this seems just for show so far, like bark on trees breaking, cracks in the floor, not sure if it will go farther than visuals.)

Here are some of my favorite screen shots so far.

IGN: Soulcalibur IV Image - They seem to be keeping with the Ivy loosing clothes trend.

IGN: Soulcalibur IV Image - While not a big Raphael Fan, this new design in him is stunning.

IGN: Soulcalibur IV Image
    Nightmare simply looks like a demon Hellspawn.

And of course Mitsurugi on the main page is also amazing.

Blog Entries

Ivy is, well, still pretty... but couldn't they have kept her, like, smooth beyond all reason? And the entirety of her body the exact same shade, with no imperfections? I don't want to look at a human woman dressed like that. It's fugly.

Anyway, I'll definitely be getting this game if I ever get a 360.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Okay, you people have your little Vader/Yoda Thread, now this Game deserves a real thread.

IGN: Soulcalibur IV Preview

So far, the Character Designs and artwork are beautiful, and it's fun that they introduced destructible environments. (Mostly this seems just for show so far, like bark on trees breaking, cracks in the floor, not sure if it will go farther than visuals.)

Here are some of my favorite screen shots so far.

IGN: Soulcalibur IV Image - They seem to be keeping with the Ivy loosing clothes trend.

IGN: Soulcalibur IV Image - While not a big Raphael Fan, this new design in him is stunning.

IGN: Soulcalibur IV Image
    Nightmare simply looks like a demon Hellspawn.

And of course Mitsurugi on the main page is also amazing.
    That useless website doesn't want me to look at the pictures. It prefers to show me ads.

:Edit: Finally figured out how to make it co-operate.[q=Kentarou]Ivy is, well, still pretty... but couldn't they have kept her, like, smooth beyond all reason? And the entirety of her body the exact same shade, with no imperfections? I don't want to look at a human woman dressed like that. It's fugly.[/q]Personally, I'm glad to have characters with 'realistic' imperfections. I just wish they'd given Ivy realistic clothing too. Her outfits would be absolutely impractical, and unsafe to fight in, as well as breaching a slew of sumptuary and decency laws...

But for the most part, the new designs look pretty interesting. They've even made a few attempts to draw influence from real 16th century designs, which is a plus. Hilde's armour, for instance, reminds of the some of the ornate 'parade armour' that was worn for show, or sometimes for tournaments, later on. Tira's outfit gives the vague impression that she mugged a small Landsknecht and stole half his clothes...
    Most of the armour is completely silly, which is understandable; but it'd be nice if a game company could occasionally employ someone who understands how and why real-life armour worked the way it did.

Eventually, I'll own a PS3. Soul Calibur IV is already a must-buy, for me.
    Last edited by Big D; 01-20-2008 at 05:57 AM.

Well for anyone who doesn't want the Ads, her is Raphael.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...9063315083.jpg

Right off of my very own photobucket, just for you.

I'm liking Nightmare's purple aura dealy. But yeah, Ivy needs clothes. This is getting ridiculous. :P I'm hoping her 2p costume will actually cover more than 40% of her body.

I'm a big fan of the Soul Calibur series, and so far this game looks amazingly good. The graphics are just.. wow. I'll defnitely be getting this when it's released.

And, about the skimpily dressed Ivy: She has a whip for a weapon for God's sake... her being a dirty woman is pretty inevitable.. and there has to be something for all of the horny fanboys as well I guess

Game looks sharp graphics wise. I just hope they learn from their mistakes from Soul Caliber III and not waste their time on half assed side games instead of tweaking the actual fighting gameplay. They did weird things to some characters in the last game which I hope they correct this time around.

Im just happy that theres another fighting game on the way. Even if the only one I really care about is Tekken 6.

Blog Entries

Agreed, Dreddz. Another gameplay choice I hope they make is to release it in the Arcades FIRST. To release a game to an audience which is mostly comprised of what may as well be unemployed elite game testers before releasing it to the larger crowd definitely seems like a better idea then going in the reverse direction.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Game looks sharp graphics wise. I just hope they learn from their mistakes from Soul Caliber III and not waste their time on half assed side games instead of tweaking the actual fighting gameplay. They did weird things to some characters in the last game which I hope they correct this time around.
    Man I hope they fix Talim and make her as awesome as she was in Soul Calibur II.
    Last edited by Vermachtnis; 01-20-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: typos

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Raphael...ah! Isn't he the one with a daughter or something? The crazy but rather smexy French dude? I have SC3 for the PS2, but, I kinda stopped playing it after so long..so I kinda forgot some of the characters names.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Quote Originally Posted by Setzer's Profile
    Formerly:
    Raphael Sorel
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Agreed, Dreddz. Another gameplay choice I hope they make is to release it in the Arcades FIRST. To release a game to an audience which is mostly comprised of what may as well be unemployed elite game testers before releasing it to the larger crowd definitely seems like a better idea then going in the reverse direction.
    I think I heard that they were going to release it in arcades first, but I'm not entirely sure. It would be a good idea, though.

I really, really don't want to get a PS3, but I think this game will make me. Also, Ivy needs clothes.

It's also on Xbox 360.

I might get this just because Yoda is in it. Yeah, I'm one of THOSE disgusting people. He better be flippy. Of course, then I'll never play it because I couldn't remember a combo to save my testicles. I'm just awful at fighting games. Too much with the buttons and the pressing and the crazytalk. I like holding down the R-trigger and watching things die better. /lazy