Thread: emergency line told me to call back tomorrow!

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

emergency line told me to call back tomorrow!

So, as some of you know, I'm epileptic. I'm 18 now so my neurologist is no longer my neurologist, because he was a pediatric neurologist. So I had to get a refill on my medicine, but when I called the pharmacy I had to get a doctor's approval because of the date. Anywho...

So I called and asked for the names my doctor recommended, and the guy I talked to told me to call back tomorrow because of business hours. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 9-5. Today is Monday and it's 1:30.

Well come to find out, Today is MLK Day. My mommy called me and told me that was the emergency line I called.

So why did the emergency line tell me to call back tomorrow?!

It's not like I needed to set up an appointment or anything, I just needed information. If they really didn't want to be bothered, why did they even bother answering the phone? I mean how busy can they possibly be anyway?

I guess in the mean time, I'll just die from status epilepticus because I won't have my anti epileptic drugs in time! [emergency line fails]

So topic: have you ever called a place of business for something very important and they just made you really mad by not doing their job?

Blog Entries

Wow that really sucks, my brother had a similar condition that just appeared pretty much out of the blue in 2000.

At any rate, DHL really dropped the ball on me a couple weeks back and couldn't find a package I'd set through them with VERY sensitive materials. And every time we'd call they told us to call back in an hour. Well this went over the span of 2 days when finally my other half called up and demanded to speak to a supervisor. Well they finally found it, but I will never use DHL as overnight ever again.
    now safe beneath their wisdom, and their feet;
    here i will teach you truly how, to sleep.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was calling a college for like, a week leaving messages and my number and such because I just needed to set up an audition appointment for next month, but they were being elusive and annoying and not calling me back. Stupid URI. D:

It seems from your human perspective that this "emergency" line is a waste of space, but for me guys like these make my jobs much easier

I was calling work once to tell them i was off sick and for some reason the number wasnt going through to the absence machine like it should, everytime i rung after 20 rings the phone was picked up then immiediantly put down and i could hear someones conversation in the backgorund when they picked it up
    After 3 tries i didnt bother

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

In my job, I pretty much have to clean up for people who don't do their job properly *cough*broadbandhelpdesk*cough*.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Whiffles View Post
    have you ever called a place of business for something very important and they just made you really mad by not doing their job?
    It happens all the time, almost everywhere. I used to work as a Customer Care Agent for Sprint/Nextel, so I know first hand how lazy and uncaring some can be (myself included). However, from time to time you'll end up with a model worker who genuinely cares that you get your problem solved. I got a good one the other day, when I called HP about my internet connection. People like that make your life easier.

Never ask for a supervisor, though. You'll most likely:

A) Get put on hold until you decide to hang up yourself.
    B) Get hung up on.
    C) Get passed to another normal worker who claims that he/she is a supervisor; then proceeds to tell you the exact same thing the last incompetent worker told you.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The first time I sent my 360 away for repairs the call centre person was being a royal pain. They didn't know whether they had received it or not and was just generally uninformed. And she said I'd have it back in two weeks. Got it back six weeks later. I gott two free month-long subscription thingys to Xbox live, so its not all bad.
    Now just to convince Telstra to upgrade my telephone cables so I can get broaband...

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to thank the really helpful guy at the call centre. Thanks Sly!

I've gone through something similar a few times, but sometimes, it's not so bad that they don't do their job well; it's that they do it TOO well.

I'm sure you've all seen that video of the dude trying to cancel his AOL account, and the trouble he had to go through to do it. I went through the same exact thing, only I had make the phone call three times and speak to three different people, simply because they refused to just do what I told them to do and just CANCEL THE FRIGGIN ACCOUNT. They would tell me they cancelled it, and then I'd get a "Confirmation for Account Activation" letter in the mail a few days later.

OH I WAS FURIOUS!