Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger is dead

Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post
    This is a big surprise I honestly thought Jack Nicholson would die this year because he's pretty old but Nicholson's replacement died instead.

I wonder what happens to Heath Ledger's character in The Dark Knight...Christopher Nolan will have to recast The Joker if he reappears in the sequel.

Hmmm I wonder if Jack Nicholson jinxed Heath Ledger because Nicholson was furious about not being able to play The Joker again.
    Or maybe, just maybe, his death has abso-fricking-lutely nothing to do with Batman. I know it's a pretty crazy theory, but just think about it.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    How can someone be fine after the death of a parent?
    Financially. Most kids who have lost parents don't have that kind of security.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't be a moron, Yams.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not knocking the situation, dude. I'm just saying there's no need to feel horrible for the kid. Sucks for sure, but she's too young to comprehend and her future is secure regardless.

Damn, did not see that one coming.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

ah yes, maybe Yams, but when she's 7 and wants to know where daddy is...finds out he's dead...

I know two girls who lost their father when he got in an accident. He was a semi truck driver and was on his way home from being gone for a few days on a trip and his foot slipped off the brake...he rammed into the back of another semi. Even though his one daughter was only 7, when she's 10 or so, she'll be wondering where daddy is...

my friend Jacey came up to me after school and she sounded hella sad so i joked as i usually do about it saying oh did i do sumthin ahaha like an ass then she said no heath ledger died i was all... no your kidding right? then she almost started to cry cuz she like LOVES him

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Hay, my daddy died, but I has monies so I cool." YAMS YOU ARE GOING TO HELL. I would totally choose my daddy over several million dollars. Up to four, then he's got to start making promises.

Yeah, it's sad. Seemed like the guy's career was on the up-and-up and all. And he was hot. It's sadder when the pretty people die.

Oh wow he was so young, really like no one saw this coming. To think I was having a bad day today, now I feel bad. His little girl may be loaded, but she'll never have her dad to comfort her or hold her when she's sad. I guess she does have a secure future though, but still sad.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Usually, bad news about famous folk does not surprise me, but this one certainly did. 28 is extremely young, and as others have said it seemed that things were going pretty well for him.

The latest reports say his death was accidental - all the medication found in his apartment was prescribed to him. I can't help but wonder if that makes the news harder, or easier for the people who were close to him.

Hopefully The Dark Knight will be a strong film, a good 'bookend' to a short career.

Predictably, but sickeningly, the news parasites are having the time of their lives over this - I wonder of those people have any friends outside their 'profession'?

I think you are all missing Yam's point.

HE's saying that while it does suck, she has more than most have. A secured future thanks to her dads hard work.

Knowing ones parent went out on such a note is very reassuring to a person. Hell, knowing all my dad did for me helped me a lot. It's likely to do the same for this girl.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well I think Yamaneko is SERIOUSLY MISSING THE POINT when people express sorrow for a child who just lost a father she must have absolutely adored.

You think about it, and you feel bad and you express that sadness. Most people do that. Most people don't tell those people that they shouldn't feel bad for the kid just cause she's gonna be financially well off. That's ridiculous. That's not the point. She lost her father. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post

Predictably, but sickeningly, the news parasites are having the time of their lives over this - I wonder of those people have any friends outside their 'profession'?
    This is seriously making me want to vomit. I saw earlier that TMZ was running a live feed and I wanted everyone associated with TMZ to be put in jail or something. It's disgusting that even with such a tragic event, they can't just step back and be respectful for ONE DAY. Those smurftard excuses for human beings are stooping so low that it's hard to believe that it's even allowed. That our society allows that kind of disrespect.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Didn't you guys read the sign?

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Seriously, I saw this picture posted somewhere else earlier and it stabbed me in the heart. So freakin' sad. The poor girl.
    She'll be fine.
    I agree with Stalineko. While losing a parent is tragic, I seriously doubt she'll be able to remember enough to miss much of him, outside of abstractly missing a parent purely because they aren't there. I'm sure her mother will be loving enough, and she won't have to go without food or shelter. Hell, look at Steve Irwin's kid. She was already making TV shows and crap a couple of months after he kicked it.

I agree with Yams. e e

Yeah granted it's hard to cope with a father who is not there, but this child will be able to cope -alot- quicker than the general fatherless child.

There are people in the world who would grow up without a dad, live with their single mother and have to get a job at 15 or earlier just to be able to keep the house that they live in. Granted not all families end up like that but...

This girl -will- cope with the death of her father, but unlike the other mass amount of fatherless children out there, she'll prolly -never- have it hard. Yeah, she won't have a father figure (unless her mother remarries or something) but she will -never- go through the hardships that 98% of kids in this situation will go through.