Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "SE"XBOX?

Lesbian sex = WIN

Being without super graphical hardcore sex = FAIL

I dont see why these TV stations moan so much anyhow. I mean its just as bad as daytime TV.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Note to those reporters; for the love of crap don't look into Japanese "Happy Girl" games.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Fox news is horrible.

It should be banned.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

EA sent out such a good reply?! Yowzers maybe that is a sign EA is turning for the better? Anyways I must applaud the reply, quite excellent.

However, I thought a Sony VCR was the sexbox?!

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner
    Fox news is horrible.
    It should be banned.

No! that would be wrong. We should not censor! People have a right to live in their own fantasies! However, we should possibly have them put up a warning about how they are only loosely based on reality.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Articles
    Blog Entries

These things gotta happen every now and then, it's no big deal. I had no idea about that in Mass Effect, I'm sure FOX got a couple more kids to buy it with their little coverage.

Blog Entries

Big D, watch out! They might hear you!

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

All I can say is lawl. Fox never fails to deliver these stupid reports designed to incite anger and concern in equally idiotic people.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Oh, I saw someone watch this yesterday. I thought that the person who was making the counterargument against the game sounded fairly uninformed.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    That's a fine reply from EA... but if Fox bothers to mention the matter again (which is questionable), it's likely they'll just talk about getting 'hate mail' from EA, followed with some highly selective quote mining of the letter itself:
    Love scenes... include side and profile shots - a vantage frequently used in... television shows. Sex scenes in Mass Effect are... very similar to sex sequences frequently seen in prime time.

Mass Effect and all related marketing has been reviewed by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) and rated... appropriate for players.

As video games continue to take audiences away from television, we expect to see more TV news stories warning parents about the corrupting influence of interactive entertainment.. a new level of recklessness.

Do you watch the Fox Network? Do you watch Family Guy? Have you ever seen The OC? ...the sexual situations in Mass Effect are... more graphic than scenes routinely aired...

...young people have more exposure to Mass Effect than to those prime time shows...

...a legal threat... to... FNC
    I actually almost hope they do, I can bring it up in my ethics class and we can debate the hell out of it.
    It's actually illegal to take quotes out of context so much. A journalist can explore different avenues with selected whole quotes but they cannot butcher quotes to that extent. They'd probably be sued for slander/libel and lose.

Signature by rubah. I think.

I get the feeling those presenters head's would explode if they knew what Japanese 'H' games are like. It would probably just add fuel to their "games are evil and sex laden" arguement.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by ShunNakamura View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner
    Fox news is horrible.
    It should be banned.

No! that would be wrong. We should not censor! People have a right to live in their own fantasies! However, we should possibly have them put up a warning about how they are only loosely based on reality.
    No it wouldnt be wrong. Banning should be allowed when media are presenting lies as truthful facts. Of course, media stations are entitled to their own opinions, but when they start lying they are no longer media - they are a station of propaganda in its worst form.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by starseeker View Post
    I get the feeling those presenters head's would explode if they knew what Japanese 'H' games are like. It would probably just add fuel to their "games are evil and sex laden" arguement.
    Knowing Fox, they'd probably use it for their "foreigners are evil and sex laden" argument too.

Ah...yeah the intended issue is obviously parents supervision over their children, right? I'm not sure, but that lady went way too far and obviously was trying to make a feminist movement instead of actually discussing the game, where does fox get these people? Anyways that was funny, and at the same time horribly sad.

Fox are still refusing to apologise.

They say that EA can go onto their show, but if they did they'd probably only be allowed to talk for 30 seconds before being chucked out. Then the panelists would have the last 'fair and balanced' words.

clicky clicky clicky

Blog Entries

ITT American news channel tries to stop the world population of under 18s being exposed to sex, even though the rest of the world has an age of consent much lower than 18.

there was a picture here