Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo's Puzzle Games

Default Nintendo's Puzzle Games

Which of Nintendo's puzzle games did you like the most? (Eg: Dr. Mario, Wario's Woods, Yoshi, Yoshi's Cookie, Panel de Pon, etc. Basically any game where you're suppose to rearrange stuff to destroy it.)

I personally like Wario's Woods the best. It actually had you in the puzzle area rearranging and destroying stuff yourself which adds to the challenge and fun. The Vs. Mode music was also really awesome. Having a lot of characters in the SNES Version was also really great. It's too bad that they've not made any remakes or sequels to it like they did with Dr. Mario. Hopefully the SNES Version will be released on the Virtual Console.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

If Klax counts, that one.

Blog Entries

Panel de Pon? I saw that for the Neo-Geo and the Sega Genesis. Are you sure it's Nintendo's?

Anyway, if it is, I vote that. It's addicting.

In the SNES Version of it there wasn't any other companies besides Nintendo that made it. Except maybe Intelligent Systems...

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

And Intelligent Systems is an internal team at Nintendo.

Can you link us to it Kentarou?

Blog Entries

I was probably just thinking of Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine for the Sega Genesis. As for the NEO-GEO, I can't find anything on it.

Probably just a foggy memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    I was probably just thinking of Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine for the Sega Genesis. As for the NEO-GEO, I can't find anything on it.

Probably just a foggy memory.
    Oh yeah, there was also Kirby's Avalanche that was also similar to that game. What company was in charge of those two games?

Blog Entries

I don't know off-hand. I could scour the internet for you if you like.

Tetris Attack. Hands down my favourite Nintendo puzzle game. I had so much fun when I was younger playing that game. I even occasionally play it now on an emulator if I'm with a friend, because the multiplayer is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    I don't know off-hand. I could scour the internet for you if you like.
    I found out that they're made by Compile/Banpresto Kentarou. I haven't ever heard of them until now though.

Speaking of Kirby, I just remembered that Kirby Super Star Stacker is also another excellent puzzle game, especially the SNES Version. It's got very lush and well drawn (literally) graphics, a story mode that let's you save, and unlockables.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Kirby's Avalanche and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine were just the Super Famicom and Mega Drive ports of Puyo Puyo, Compile's most lasting franchise, dressed up with Nintendo and Sega characters in order to sell better to American audiences.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Wario's Woods was a hell of a lot of fun. One of my friends had/has an SNES cart back in high school, which I assumed was really rare. We played it for hours one day.

The Tetris attack series, with the most recent being on the DS, Planet Puzzle League. Love the game, my entire family use to play, I was the best!

Puyo is a Sega thing for the most part I believe. Especially considering the Puyoment Aura is an item in Phantasy Star Universe and it makes a bunch of Puyo fall down around you.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    The Tetris attack series, with the most recent being on the DS, Planet Puzzle League. Love the game, my entire family use to play, I was the best!

THE JACKAL
    Beat me to it. Tetris Attack = Panel de Pon = Puzzle League series. The DS one is awesome, and my favourite. I finally retired my Pokemon Puzzle Challenge GBC game after that.