Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Question on Riku...

not that drug dealer CelestialStarDust's Avatar

Default A Question on Riku...

I understand that he broke Roxas's fingers,thats why Roxas has those funny band-aid ring things.I've also heard that because of that,he has that shawl thing on his arm.Why?I just don't understand the concept of him having to wear that...unless Roxas somehow broke his wrist or something.

Catapultam habeo.Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I was under the impression that Roxas broke his arm in return.

Blog Entries

I thought those things on his fingers looked painted on

I thought the thing on riku's wrist was there to look cool. Or protect his wrist or something
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Yeah.......I never got the reason why he had it on.I always presumed there was a reason...but...what IS the reason?

Catapultam habeo.Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Probably because Roxas broke his arm, or at the least damaged his wrist. As far as human anatomy is concerned, I'm pretty sure that the wrist is dangerously close to the arm. Holding and fighting with giant metal Keyblades is not exactly conducive to proper bone growth.

So, really, the true moral of the story is to eat your vegetables and drink your milk.

--> The more you know

Poor Riku.One of the many children who suffers from hating healthy food.After all,they ate coconuts and seagull eggs.And raw fish.I highly doubt that's anyones idea of a healthy diet.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Raw fish contains Mercury. Seagull eggs have not been shown to be nutritious, and may contain bad cholesterol. Coconuts != coconut milk. Paopu fruit also may contain large amounts of sugar that when go unused convert to fat.

Anyways, not for the past year he hasn't eaten that stuff. One could assume that all he's had is sea salt ice cream and darkness. Maybe cards in CoM.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStarDust View Post
    Poor Riku.One of the many children who suffers from hating healthy food.After all,they ate coconuts and seagull eggs.And raw fish.I highly doubt that's anyones idea of a healthy diet.
    He's japanese I presume, and as long as they cook those eggs, I can see these actually being quite tasty and nutritional.

On topic, i think the wrist thing is so he does not damage his arm, as his keyblade looks quite sharp. Or because he looks badass. And I always though Roxas wore the finger bands for style, due to the checkered pattern and due to the fact his fight against Riku was about....a month before the story? So his fingers would have proberly healed by then. Also, if he was put in the virtual world, did all of his injuries carry on into the virtual world.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Raw fish contains Mercury. Seagull eggs have not been shown to be nutritious, and may contain bad cholesterol. Coconuts != coconut milk. Paopu fruit also may contain large amounts of sugar that when go unused convert to fat.

Anyways, not for the past year he hasn't eaten that stuff. One could assume that all he's had is sea salt ice cream and darkness. Maybe cards in CoM.
    so,he's lucky he's alive then.my guess would be that most destiny island residents dont live past 20 >.>

so,he's lucky he's alive then.my guess would be that most destiny island residents dont live past 20 >.>
    So parents of the kids in the KH world are teenage parents who died and left all their children orphans....wow, what a revelation, KH reaches out to the modern world

or they got pregnant at nineteen,raised their kids til they were one,and then died.

i wish my parents had raised ME that way!! =O

The Twilight Melody dragontamer's Avatar

or they got pregnant at nineteen,raised their kids til they were one,and then died.

i wish my parents had raised ME that way!! =O
    charming. when did riku break roxas' wrist and fingers?

another question on riku - is he gay? LOL !
    Please visit my DeviantART page! If you have an account, please leave comments on my work to help me improve my drawing! Thanks!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by dragontamer View Post

another question on riku - is he gay? LOL !
    It could have occurred at any point during or after the fight. Holding giant swords, as they were, it isn't difficult that while swinging, you could jam the opponent and injure them severely. Alternatively, after the fight, he could have just snapped the bone, or dragged him along.

No. It's pretty obvious from the first game that he has feelings for Kairi. Those blossomed into emotions of anger and hatred for Sora; a common theme in love triangles. His reclusion in KHII is most likely an attempt of his to retreat from the source of stress in his life, while at the same time, helping his best friend. If anything, Sora is the one who has shown more hints of homosexuality, but at this age, the borderline homo friendships aren't quite as uncommon as you think. You'll just be calling it by a different name.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by dragontamer View Post

another question on riku - is he gay? LOL:p !
    It could have occurred at any point during or after the fight. Holding giant swords, as they were, it isn't difficult that while swinging, you could jam the opponent and injure them severely. Alternatively, after the fight, he could have just snapped the bone, or dragged him along.
    I don't know about you, but if I was just in a rough keyblade fight with someone, I'd totally break his fingers and wrist after I finally beat him so that he couldn't properly wield it against me if he wanted to fight again before I got him back to wherever we were going.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    I don't know about you, but if I was just in a rough keyblade fight with someone, I'd totally break his fingers and wrist after I finally beat him so that he couldn't properly wield it against me if he wanted to fight again before I got him back to wherever we were going.
    I was trying to offer the option that the bones in his fingers could have been broken either during or after the fight, not that breaking fingers was a replacement for penance or punishment.

Personally, I would break more than simply his fingers.