Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I so feel like crying now...

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Unhappy I so feel like crying now...

I could burst into tears so quickly that it ain't even funny. =p

So here I was, having beat FF III DS and training for about 6 months (I took my time) in that damned ??? cave towards lv 99 with 4 Black Belts. Now last week I finally arrived on lv 99, with 9999 MAX HP for each character and having ENOUGH ONION EQUIPMENT TO EQUIP 10 ONION KNIGHTS FULLY! I totally wasted that Iron Giant (2 shields each + Back Row + Flare = win easily).

And now, today, I start up a new game and... you guessed it, saved over that file, that file I crammed 61 hours in, 30 of which were just training for that damn Iron Giant! God, I feel so, so... stupid, for the lack of a better word. =p

Well, I guess there's a bright side to it... I wanted to do a 100% game of III DS anyway, which means 9999 MAX HP, lv 99, Full Bestiary, 100% treasure chest and all side quests and all jobs mastered. I couldn't do that on my lv 99 FEOK file anymore anyway, I missed some misable monsters fo rmy bestiary. Now I have no choice but to restart again and do that 100% game... *sigh*

Anybody else ever suffered from this idiotic mistake too? Or with another FF game? Common, please say yes, then I won't feel so lonely. =p Especially considering this was the first time ever in ANY FF game (and I've played almost all of them, except for XI and some spinoffs) I trained to lv 99 and beat the Optional Boss. >.<

Not nearly as bad, but I've saved over my save states instead of loading them on emulators before. Worst was when I was at the end of the game of Seiken Densetsu 3 and I accidentally saved the intro screen insetad of load the game.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

The three-save slot system has yet to fail me.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

FFXIV Character

The annoying thing was that the game apparently remembers what save-slot you last saved on. I forgot this now, so when I loaded up save slot 1 and wanted to save, I accidentally saved over save-slot 2, which was the last one I saved on. Damn. That'll teach me not to listen to Helloween while playing FF III DS, it makes me forget things I should know. =/

Articles
    Blog Entries

ah man, sorry to hear it elpizo, but at least you can get that 100% now.

i haven't done that in any big way but I have lost some time in roms like bahamut2000x, no 60 hours though.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think I have saved instead of loading over emulator savefiles more than once, and in one part6icolar case that led me to losing a fairly advanced game of I don't remember which Final Fantasy now.

No, I've only lost saves to memory cards that really sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    I could burst into tears so quickly that it ain't even funny. =p

So here I was, having beat FF III DS and training for about 6 months (I took my time) in that damned ??? cave towards lv 99 with 4 Black Belts. Now last week I finally arrived on lv 99, with 9999 MAX HP for each character and having ENOUGH ONION EQUIPMENT TO EQUIP 10 ONION KNIGHTS FULLY! I totally wasted that Iron Giant (2 shields each + Back Row + Flare = win easily).

And now, today, I start up a new game and... you guessed it, saved over that file, that file I crammed 61 hours in, 30 of which were just training for that damn Iron Giant! God, I feel so, so... stupid, for the lack of a better word. =p

Well, I guess there's a bright side to it... I wanted to do a 100% game of III DS anyway, which means 9999 MAX HP, lv 99, Full Bestiary, 100% treasure chest and all side quests and all jobs mastered. I couldn't do that on my lv 99 FEOK file anymore anyway, I missed some misable monsters fo rmy bestiary. Now I have no choice but to restart again and do that 100% game... *sigh*

Anybody else ever suffered from this idiotic mistake too? Or with another FF game? Common, please say yes, then I won't feel so lonely. =p Especially considering this was the first time ever in ANY FF game (and I've played almost all of them, except for XI and some spinoffs) I trained to lv 99 and beat the Optional Boss. >.<
    I did exactly what you did. I was in the final dungeon. But I decided to stop for awhile to play my friend's slot. And guess what...

I went to go save it.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Did that in Grandia

DX

DID NOT WANT. I always save multiple files now.

Every time I've played Final Fantasy VII my memory card always decides to suck at a certain point and delete all of my files (Coincidence? Maybe my memory card hates FF7)... which resulted in me disliking 7 (I never knew a game could get so boring...).

My memory card has gone corrupted and erased a few saved games, but I've never saved over a file.

You know why? Because I'm so damn careful. I always have two or three save slots, just incase. In every single game I play. Yup, I don't want to make that mistake.

Sorry to hear that, though. 61 hours down the drain. Ouch!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm sorry to hear that. =(

I always keep multiple saves to avoid this problem. It's happened to me before with careless save states, but not the extreme like this.

Now you just have an excuse to do it all over again!

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Yaridovich View Post
    Now you just have an excuse to do it all over again!
    After I finish all misisons in FFTA2, I'll do just that.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

GENERAL GAMING.
    Hi.

3 similar stories...

a buddy of mine (BOU; if that name means anything anymore) told me it would be a great idea to put my xbox gamertag on a memory card so i could play over at his pad. of course i lost it, and had to recover the gamertag.
    awesome thing is, when you transfer your gamertag it removes all your saves! I smurfING LOVE XBOX360.

that, and after having played pokemon red for the original gameboy for about 80 hours a lifetime ago, full pokedex and... a bunch of other stuff. my brother plays for five minutes and "OH, I WANT TO SAVE MY GAME."

long before that even, i trusted my saves on one of those '256 BLOCK DICK HARDENING MEMORY CARD OF JESUS CHRIST' memory cards for the psx. it lasted for about a year and a half, at which point it started... smurfing up. so i started pushing buttons and ended up formatting it. i threw it at a wall when all fault was mine.

Jesus. my gaming life is tragix 4 shore. omfgrofl.