Thread: Speed

Default Speed

Playing through FF2 again, I noticed the enemies started getting faster than my party as I fought my way out of the Coliseum. Somehow, I got back to Bafsk. I noticed this the last time I played through, as well. My party kept taking a full round of blows before being able to attack (well, except Leila, who will return to the party soon). So as I head for Fynn Castle, I ask:

1. What stat improves speed?
    2. How can I, if possible, improve it to the point where the monsters don't always get to attack first every round?

*Also, I'm playing the PSX Origins version.

Blog Entries

When I played the original, agility seemed to be a huge factor, and Maria, who's always got about 20 Agility points on everybody (cuz all I have her do is carry 2 shields and cast spells), struck first nearly every time-

Until Mysidia.

Around that point, despite that there is still an equal agility defecit, Frionel and Guy both started attacking quicker. It's a toss up whether Maria or Frionel attack first, and Guy comes up pretty quick after.

They still strike before most monsters, but why the agility disregarding madness?

Possibly the "strike first" gets mixed up after Agility of 40?
    Or maybe striking first has to do with weapon skill, like many things, along with agility.

Either way, I don't know the answer, but I'm happy to post this crap. I just suddenly remembered the problem, which was a pain in the ass because I liked Maria casting Beserk on my fighters BEFORE they attack, and, by the end of the game, there was no guarantee things would work out that way.