Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I Hate Final Fantasy XI

I played this game for a little while, got sick of WoW and WoW drama...

It was okay, but I was kind of disappointed at how hard it was to progress after level 12 or so. I got to 20 I think and started working on a Secondary, then didn't play for about a month which I pretty much took as my cue to drop game. I'm getting bored with WoW again though and loosely (LOOSELY) considering trying FFXI one more time... my big goal with that game was to unlock Dark Knight >=).

Of course Age of Conan is out now, too... and I love me some Conan...

It's a shame FFXI doesn't give everything to you on a silver platter to begin with, because the game really shines once you get into the higher levels (I'm talking 60+). Though it has never really taken me long to get a job up to that level.

There's so much depth and substance to this game. I find it a shame when people hate it and you ask them what level they got up to, which was around 20. -_-;

I don't think I had any fun with this game until I made it to the twenties, so I find it odd that so many people drop the game around then...

Im having fun at 18...I know what to do in the dunes, a place way to high for me...when there is 25s that dont know how to bring up the map

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Haveing left and come back to this game many times I can firmly say that the main issue for me is the time you need to put into playing and leveling your character, so you cant get in from work and play for a couple of hours before you go to bed cause its hard to form a party and would most likely take that long to get a party together, then after you kill 5-6 mobs another hour has passed, and the gear is another issue if a small one for me... you need so many different gear sets its unreal, and ofcorse there is always the issue of once your in a party hopeing that the guys (being male or female) are actully competent in their job roll... no one wants to play with a DRK that wants to tank, and then there are the monsters... talk about repetative, who wants to fight the exact same thing for 30 odd levels, lets face it nearly all the mobs look exactly the same only with the name of the mob changeing.

That being said on the brighter side I really really enjoy this game and I have found the LS iv always hoped to be in, and like Nakor said iv stopped trying to rush and taken my time in leveling (no more rushing for this lanky Elvaan) and the moves have changed enough for me to really enjoy the game, the monsters have some really cool moves (although who on earth came up with the name for the move Foot Kick... what else are you going to kick with? lol) and prices on the AH are lower then ever imo FFXI is a challengeing game with much fun to be had and it inspires me when I see a PLD strolling in his AF armor to endevor to their level so I can have the armor that looks great.