any1 seen it?

because it looks interesting

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, it was quite good. If you look beyond the unnecessary amount of gore. Lord knows a lot of people judges this movie based on that alone. Such a shame that.

It's definitely better than the 3rd and about just as good as the 2nd I would say. It answers most of the questions left unanswered from the 3rd.

i want to watch this but i dont think its in cinemas yet

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Yeah, it was quite good. If you look beyond the unnecessary amount of gore. Lord knows a lot of people judges this movie based on that alone. Such a shame that.
    Well, given that they market the entire franchise on the basis of how sadistic and unpleasant it is...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, obviously I disagree.

Since I like Saw, I must be a part of the market here, and according to you the market is people who like to see as much gore and pain as possible within 90 minutes. No, it doesn't work that way. There's more to it than that. I enjoy the series because of the thrilling story and the surprising twists, and I refuse to believe that I'm the only one out there.

I see you said "the entire franchise". I don't think you can judge all 4 movies with the same judgehammer. The series definitely took a turn for the more violent with Saw 3. Heck, a CSI episode was more graphic than Saw 1. The story is the biggest focus, by far, in Saw 1, so I definitely think you're wrong on that one. Saw 2 also for that matter. I don't blame you for not liking Saw 3, that one was unnecessarily graphic and the story also sucked, so I don't feel like defending that one. Saw 4 took a better turn I must say.

I liked Saw 1, 2, and 3, and I can't wait to see Saw 4. I'm probably going to have to wait until I can see it on DVD or cable, though. I don't go to the theaters anymore. I hope Saw 4 is good.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't say the movies WERE that, I said they were MARKETED as that. And "Oh yes, there will be blood..." sounds a heck of a lot like the marketing I'm talking about here.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ah, sorry. My mistake. For some reason I thought you meant that was the only market that was interested in Saw.

Yeah, the 3rd and 4th one have been marketed like that, and I don't like it, but thankfully the movies still have other qualities in them carried on from the two first movies. Hopefully they won't stray from that in the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by ff is da best View Post
    i want to watch this but i dont think its in cinemas yet
    It was released in Norway in October. If Norway got it I'm sure NZ got it. Maybe your local cinema didn't purchase it. Mine didn't!

Aye, I watched it yesterday and to be honest, I've enjoyed watching it. I can't wait to watch Saw 5 whenever it comes out.

no desire to watch any of that mind smurf bull
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???