Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFIV Amano Versus well.. The new guys!

I still think that Edge looks like he's saying "Come to Eblana with me, little girl, I've got candy" in the group pic. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    On Nomura, you can critique and come up with explanations all you want, but at the end of the day it's refusing to accept other people's personal opinions and interpretations.
    Congratulations. You defined what a disagreement is.
    Thank you, Captain Redundancy! I wouldn't have said it if many of the sentiments expressed in this thread (and others on the topic) weren't being passed off as undisputed fact, rather than a matter of disagreement.

On Nomura, you can critique and come up with explanations all you want, but at the end of the day it's refusing to accept other people's personal opinions and interpretations.
    Congratulations. You defined what a disagreement is.
    Thank you, Captain Redundancy! I wouldn't have said it if many of the sentiments expressed in this thread (and others on the topic) weren't being passed off as undisputed fact, rather than a matter of disagreement.
    I don't like people being rude in my threads. *frown*

And nothing here is stated as an undisputed fact, everythings using opinion words, therefore an opinion, not an undisputed fact.

Even when I said that his art gets circulated faster, it's my personal opinion because I don't have the stats, but I can find Nomura art MUCH faster and in abundancy than I can Amano art.

So no, no one claimed to know facts, This isn't a Nomura hating thread, this is a thread to appreciate the arts of FFIV and the new artists that could eventually move on.

They should ditch them all and get Akihiko Yoshida to do everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    Plus I guess alot of people don't appreciate traditional japanese style and would rather look at something that looks like everyone elses art, even unprofessional art.
    Just wanted to point out that Amano's art isn't completely traditional Japanese style. It's actually his own style of blending different art styles together. IMO I think it's more styled around "Art Nouveau" more than anything else.

As for comparing the art... I really can't say because this guy's potential as an artist isn't being tested seeing as all he's doing is pretty much imitating the concept art that Amano did long ago for Final Fantasy IV.

I personally think he makes his artwork a little too feminine compared to Amano.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

If you guys are talking about Yoshioka, she's a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    I personally think he makes his artwork a little too feminine compared to Amano.
    If you guys are talking about Yoshioka, she's a woman.
    Quoted for Irony.

Although I thought the artist was a guy too.