Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFIV Amano Versus well.. The new guys!

*yawn* FFIV Amano Versus well.. The new guys!

So

I have yet to notice a thread spot lighting the new art/wallpapers of FFIV-DS so here are some linked and some attached!

The respective artists names are on the bottom corners.
    They can also be found at the Official FFIV-DS Japanese site, but I figured I'd put them up since no one seems to have bothered with it.
    There are more on the site, but most are either the CG models made Wallpaper, or the In-game CG'd chara's made into Wall paper.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff4ds/s...ages/sp_3s.jpg
    http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff4ds/s...ages/sp_4s.jpg
    http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff4ds/s.../illust_4s.jpg

Personally, the wallpaper featuring Rydia and Rosa is my favorite, and my new wall paper!

So, how do you feel these to be on par to the past works of Final Fantasy's, be the art by Amano or Nomura? Honestly, These are prolly my new favorite FF concepts, and they should seriously get these artists for the future FF's.

I'll prolly stalk the site every other day to see if there's new art.
    Attached Images Attached Images

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

To me, these images kind of remind me of Amano's work, even though it's fairly different (at least the attachments do, not the links). I kind of like them.

<3 Rydia.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

In that last attachment is that supposed to be Cecil? Because it totally looks like a girl!

Yellow Winged Angel

I like it. I love Amano's art a lot, but these new guys are great too. Leaps and bounds better then Nomura.

I especially love the picture showcasing all the party members (well minus FuSoYa) I've always loved the cast of IV, so any artwork showcasing them together always makes me happy inside.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz View Post
    In that last attachment is that supposed to be Cecil? Because it totally looks like a girl!
    Yeah I felt that way too, I think it's the black lipstick and the very slender facial feature's.

I think the reason his palidan version is softer, if not more femine, is because it's suppose to be the complete opposite of the Dark Knight, but still, it looks more like the Dark Knight had a gender change.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That wasn't Rosa?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I like Yoshioka's work quite a bit, and I'm doubly glad she got the job as art director for FFIV DS. It would be great if her ascension in the company allowed her to eventually work on high-profile projects, edging out Nomura somewhat.

...She's still no Amano, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    That wasn't Rosa?
    Nope, it's cecil in all his pally beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    I like Yoshioka's work quite a bit, and I'm doubly glad she got the job as art director for FFIV DS. It would be great if her ascension in the company allowed her to eventually work on high-profile projects, edging out Nomura somewhat.

I agree to both these!

These guys sure are really great artists, but they're not really replacing Amano very well (if that's what they're trying to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    These guys sure are really great artists, but they're not really replacing Amano very well (if that's what they're trying to do).
    Nomura didn't replace Amano really well and people still think he's a god of art.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    Nomura didn't replace Amano really well and people still think he's a god of art.

That's because Nomura's an art whore. As bad as that sounds. The amount of Nomura Art gets circulated to eyes alot faster than Amano's for some reason.

Plus I guess alot of people don't appreciate traditional japanese style and would rather look at something that looks like everyone elses art, even unprofessional art.

They made Edward way too feminine in this pic :/

But it's my favorite pic out of all of them

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post

What is the full name of that Assistant Character Designer? Mitsuo Yoshioka? Did she work on Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and Vagrant Story, too?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The new artistic pieces are very well done, I'm no doubt impressed.

But flipping through the FFIV booklet and looking at the amano designs of the airship, the illustration of each character next to their bio, that's one of the experiences of IV that always stand out to me. It gets you ready for the epic RPG you're about to take part in. For that reason Amano's designs will always take precedent to me.

On Nomura, you can critique and come up with explanations all you want, but at the end of the day it's refusing to accept other people's personal opinions and interpretations. I believe Amano and Nomura both have their own aesthetic merit, and I always enjoy juxtaposing their work for the same characters in VII, VIII and X. I think both have their place - Amano for the concept and Nomura for the game, and I believe they make great games together.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    On Nomura, you can critique and come up with explanations all you want, but at the end of the day it's refusing to accept other people's personal opinions and interpretations.
    Congratulations. You defined what a disagreement is.