Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the meaning of this heinous joke?

Default What is the meaning of this heinous joke?

A pebble? A pebble? I cut down a monster, painstakingly steal and poach and slaughter thousands of the cursed creatures and the majority of what I get is... pebbles?

You reeeeeaally screwed up bad this time, SE! It's a great game in all aspects but this! I demand my payment in full, for all the beastloard hides/horns, wyverns wings, embroidered tippets, crystals, gems and countless other things in return for those insulting pebbles.

and if it weren't bad enough..., when you've sold 99 of the things, you can buy 99 more at the bazaar for the mindblowing price of 999 gil! For this audacity, I demand the ultima blade!

Join me my fellow gamers! Revolt against the pebbles!!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I eventually took to holding onto 99 Pebbles at all times, just so I would stop receiving them.

But still, this does not solve the problem of constantly recieving them as LOOT.

is there a cheat, code, hax, antything to turn the pebbles into something else or eliminating them all together?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Just think of it as this: If you get a pebble that means you where going to give you nothing, so they gave you this as a prize for trying.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    I eventually took to holding onto 99 Pebbles at all times, just so I would stop receiving them.
    I did that and also because it would contribute to the overall image of controlling some kind of oppression-fighting vagabonds that had taken to collecting pebbles in the name of Dalmasca. Actually, that's a lie, but holding on to 99 pebbles outside of a computer game must be some sign of madness. Or at least a sign of being a beach.

They were particularly useless, but I suppose it added to the MMORPG feel of the game that you'd have at least something as useless as pebbles to receive from defeating enemies.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

.... does not make me happy.

I wish to revolt against them!

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    I had little to no problem getting 99 Pebbles at once. You know, because anytime you set someone to actually Poach a monster, you're probably going to get a Pebble unless the monster looks like it would have something that you would actually get while poaching it.

I, personally, am a little disturbed that you get a Pebble for poaching any human or humanoid creature. That is a little disconcerting, isn't it? I guess it's less horrific than getting one sheet of Hume Skin per poach, but still...
    I believe in the power of humanity.

hehehehehe, hume skin, rofls.

that'd just be sick.

I'm still pissed with the pebbles though. It shouldn't be such a friggin' common loot item. I want stuff that'll actually get me gil!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Mage View Post
    hehehehehe, hume skin, rofls.

that'd just be sick.

I'm still pissed with the pebbles though. It shouldn't be such a friggin' common loot item. I want stuff that'll actually get me gil!
    yeah i agree lets start a riot hahahahahaha..

Buying the forgotten grimores will give you better chances of getting more worth while loot. The grimores come with hefty price tags but are worth it in the long run.
    Now for some words of wisdom:
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.....hmmm wait just a minute.

Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
    - Britney Spears, Pop Singer

Maybe I'm extremely lucky but I don't even remember getting any pebbles unless I completely overlooked them and thought of them as just another cheap loot I was selling. Awwee
    oh

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

If you didn't get pebbles, it likely means you never purchased the grimoires.

Okay, so I started playing and now I've noticed the pebbles more than ever. =[
    oh

time for 2nd chances Anno Domini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mose-schrute View Post
    Okay, so I started playing and now I've noticed the pebbles more than ever. =[
    now that is just frippin hillarious!

Polaris is the master of all sig-making!

I believe that the Pebbles are a side effect of the Grimoires, aren't they? They give you better loot from most monsters, but also give you lots of junk Pebbles. Fair trade, IMHO.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.