Thread: superbowl

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    aren't those teams always in the superbowl? or at least one of them?
    The Patriots are there frequently. The Giants not so much.
    I thought the giants won one recently. (within the past 5 years or so)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    people hate the patriots because they're good

I however, have been a Pats fan all my life
    my dad has had season tickets since before I was born

THE JACKAL
    I hate the patriots because I live in New England and a Bears fan

superbowl 35was the last time they were in and they lost to the ravens. a dissapointment for me but im hopeing they surprise us all and win.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    3) Have you seen their interviews? They don't talk a lot and are not friendly at all...just being a bunch o' douchebags up there...well maybe not the whole team. But the coach and Brady for sure.
    Give me an interview where Brady was a jerk. Every time he's up there he's smiling and joking with the media. In their losses he's solemn and never throws his teammates under the bus.

As for Belichick, this article says it better than I could. I don't care if my coach isn't media friendly. I'll just let the results speak for themselves. Corey Dillon, Rodney Harrison, and Randy Moss were all boisterous, egotistical players before coming to the Patriots. Once they were under Belichick, he beat them into shape through no-nonsense discipline and a team-centered focus.

You can hate all you want, but you have to awknowlege that you're watching the greatest post-season QB since Joe Montana and one of the greatest game-planning coaches in the history of the league.
    What I've been listening to:

Quote Originally Posted by Rubah Lapah View Post
    Actually, the Super Bowls that the Giants won were a long time ago. The two Super Bowls the Giants won were Super Bowl XX and Super Bowl XXV. For an idea of how long ago that was, their starting quarterbacks for both were Phil Simms and Jeff Hostetler, respectively (though the latter started only because of an injury to the former), their head coach was Bill Parcells, their most visible star player was a wreckless linebacker by the name of Lawrence Taylor (the ORIGINAL L.T.; don't you younger fans feed me that BS that LaDainian's the original L.T.), and their division was regularly the toughest in football (facing stiff divisional competition in the form of Joe Gibbs' Redskins, Buddy Ryan's Eagles, and on occasion during that era, Tom Landry/Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys). A noteworthy tidbit about the first Giants Super Bowl is that it was the first time the Super Bowl MVP ever uttered the words "I'm going to Disney World!", as that's when that overrated Disney World Super Bowl winning ad campaign officially started.

Now, even though I hate the Giants, and always have (me being a Cowboys fan), I'm gonna go against common sense just this once, and root for the biggest upset since Super Bowl III! This is the third time I have ever rooted for a division rival in the Super Bowl, believe it or not (I have relatives who brainwashed me into rooting for the Redskins in Super Bowl XXVI, and a few friends of mine bribed me into rooting for the Eagles in Super Bowl XXXIX; this time, it's a combination of things I wish not to discuss that is causing me to root for the Giants). I want Mercury Morris, Larry Csonka, Earl Morral, Nick Buoniconti, Bob Griese, and the great Don Shula to pop those champagne corks like they do EVERY year when the last unbeaten team finally loses.

Oh, by the way, Spygate has resurfaced in the media, and this time, it has received Congressional attention.
    Last edited by Bloodline666; 02-02-2008 at 10:41 AM.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    people hate the patriots because they're good

I however, have been a Pats fan all my life
    my dad has had season tickets since before I was born

THE JACKAL
    No. I hate the Patriots because I hate the Patriots. Because of reasons listed below.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    I hate the Patriots because they cheated. I've been an anti-Pats fan for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    I have been anti-Patriots and a Brady Hater for a long time. I hate them because they are douche bags that cheat...but mainly for the douche bag factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Yeah, the Packers lost to the Giants in the NFC Championship game, which is a shame, because I was rooting for the Packers.
    Me too.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Giants are my team, baby. Eli Manning's been so consistent this post-season, but then again, the Superbowl is the perfect place for him to finally remember that he's Eli Manning and will probably blow the game in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodline666 View Post
    Oh, by the way, Spygate has resurfaced in the media, and this time, it has received Congressional attention.
    It shouldn't even be a congressional issue. It's a league issue and the league took care of it as they saw fit. That's just stupid.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

On another note, why is Patriots cheap-shot artist Vince Wilfork NOT suspended? Roy Williams got a one game suspension for pulling off three horse-collar tackles in a season, yet Vince Wilfork delivers four cheapshots (intentionally injures Bills QB J.P. Losman by taking him at the knee a la Carson Palmer, late hit on Cowboys TE Jason Witten, shoves his finger into the face of Giants RB Brandon Jacobs after the play is already dead during the regular season finale, and tackles Chargers RB Michael Turner by flagrantly grabbing the facemask during the AFC title game), yet gets no suspension? Do I smell a double standard?

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

This is already looking horribly ominous. Patriots 7-3 up and just intercepted the ball. New York need to do better when they move close to the endzone.

EDIT: New York almost lose the ball again! Stop spilling the damn thing!
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 02-04-2008 at 12:23 AM.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

While I do agree that Spygate is a league matter, and not a political one, I can do nothing except laugh at the turn of events. Sup St. Louis? I see what you did there! I wonder if people have their priorities straight. I definitely want a free $800 to spend than the Superbowl/Spygate to be handled by the people supposedly giving me my money.

... moving on, what a quick moving game, as far as time goes. Though, the action contained therein is not exactly spectacular in the slightest. I'm currently doing some fairly involved homework, and not missing a beat.

As of 9:57 PM EST, the Giants are winning 17-14, with 37 seconds left. smurf yes. In your face, Tom Brady.
    Last edited by Tavrobel; 02-04-2008 at 02:58 AM.

That was one good game. Giants win, and they earned it. Both teams worked their butts off out there.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Hey, hey, hey.

I hate the Giants with all of my being.

But the Patriots... shut up about them. I don't want to hear another word about them.

NOOO!!!! my babies lost this makes me want to cut myself i hate the giants stupid strahan

Blog Entries

YES! haha hahaha hahahaha