Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: superbowl

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

This is starting to turn into more of a hatchet job thread.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodline666 View Post
    Sic 'em, Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    Belichick is even more of a dishonest, unsportsmanlike ass, then. Brady's ankle wasn't even on the injury report. If it REALLY was an issue, then Belichick has an obligation as a public sports figure to disclose that, regardless of the media attention given to it. He didn't. I believe Ditka's already called him out on it. As a sportsman, you have an obligation to be honest when you fill out that form. But then again, we all know that Belichick is a worthless human being.
    You know, Mike Shanahan was once fined $25,000 by the NFL for not listing then-starting QB Bubby Brister on the injury report, even after he got injured on a Friday practice (this happened the year after Elway retired). Which means that Belichoke not only had an obligation as a public sports figure to disclose that, but he also had an obligation to do so as per the rules of the National Football League.

However, as most of us should already know by now, Belichoke, like Shanahan and Jim Mora, Jr., are masters of deceptive (in some cases bogus) injury reports. For every game throughout the last 3 seasons, Tom Brady has been listed as "Questionable" with a "shoulder injury", and has not missed a single game during that span.

For those of you in the dark as to why the injury report exists, it was created in 1947 to prevent gamblers from getting their hands on "inside information" on injuries, because the 1946 NFL Championship Game was marred by a conspiracy by gamblers to fix the game, which involved two Giants players. But as we've learned in recent years, even the injury report, itself, is subject to subterfuge, despite the fact that it was created to eliminate subterfuge.
    Last edited by Bloodline666; 02-07-2008 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    i didnt even know this thread was still going on.

anyways despite any injury reports or whatever. they said in the beginning of the game that brady's ankle injury wasnt bothering him and it didnt hurt anymore. i guarante his ankle was not the reason they lost.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post

anyways despite any injury reports or whatever. they said in the beginning of the game that brady's ankle injury wasnt bothering him and it didnt hurt anymore. i guarante his ankle was not the reason they lost.
    No, it's not the reason they lost, but there was definitely something distinctly off about Brady. He's proved in the past he doesn't choke this way, and it was incredibly clear that he couldn't throw a long pass accurately to save his life very early in the game. I'd be willing to bet that this was due to the ankle injury; it probably was affecting the way he shifted his weight to heave the long ball. The rest of his game, however, seemed unaffected, so I don't think the injury can be cited as the reason they lost.

The Patriots lost due to poor play-calling and an inability to adapt to a crushing Giants defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post

No, it's not the reason they lost, but there was definitely something distinctly off about Brady. He's proved in the past he doesn't choke this way, and it was incredibly clear that he couldn't throw a long pass accurately to save his life very early in the game. I'd be willing to bet that this was due to the ankle injury; it probably was affecting the way he shifted his weight to heave the long ball. The rest of his game, however, seemed unaffected, so I don't think the injury can be cited as the reason they lost.

The Patriots lost due to poor play-calling and an inability to adapt to a crushing Giants defense.
    I've said it once, and I'll say it again. It's not the first time this season the Patriots were outplayed. It's just the first time the other team capitalized on it. In fact, the Pats should of lost a number of games earlier in the season if the other teams didn't blow it themselves.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. It's not the first time this season the Patriots were outplayed. It's just the first time the other team capitalized on it. In fact, the Pats should of lost a number of games earlier in the season if the other teams didn't blow it themselves.

THE JACKAL
    Good example: Rex Ryan's 4th and inches time-out.