Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I know whose milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    You know what sucks? Apollo Justice is actually coming out in Europe BEFORE PW:T&T. How crazy is this?
    I know, that's totally ridiculous! I'm glad I don't live there D:

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    You sure? I didn't do a lot of diggin', but WikiP says '3' comes out March 21, '4' comes out April 11. It's still only a few weeks apart, but at least they appear to be coming out in order.

(insert Professor Layton pimping)
    court-records.net says otherwise!

Last I checked anyway

EDIT:

OMG I just played the demo AND I AM GOING TO DIE IF I DON'T SEE HOW THIS CASE GOES SOON!

Why is Phoenix acting so cool ; ;
    Last edited by Jessweeee♪; 02-18-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

It's out tomorrow! I can't wait!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

It's out Wednesday, unless your local store gets an early shipment, which is unlikely.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Is it time to make a new thread for Apollo? Someone else can do it.

I finished the first case last night. Impressions:

People afraid of Phoenix not being the main character needn't worry. At least for the first case... it's hard to believe that this isn't his game. Also, Apollo is, thankfully, not the 'Old Phoenix'. Apollo is still kind of goofy at times, but he's pretty confident right from the start and doesn't seem to have the 'dumb luck' that Phoenix had. In all, he's different enough from Phoenix so that he doesn't feel like an imitation.

Phoenix himself has changed. Obviously he's not a lawyer anymore, and several times throughout the case they allude to what happened '7 years ago' that made him lose his badge. He's kind of a badass now, totally different from the wimpy Phoenix of the first games (though he's also kind of bad, and kind of an ass now). I mentioned before that it's hard to believe this isn't his game... he basically takes control of the entire case without actually being in control. As Apollo, you're still actually figuring out what happens on your own and making the case progress, but it becomes clear that the whole case is being rather fiendishly manipulated by Phoenix. I'm not saying anything more about the plot from here, but Phoenix is definitely different.

It seems like the overarching plot of the game will still have a focus on Phoenix and what made him lose his badge, as well as some more sinister things that will happen in the future. I'm definitely hooked on it now.

Roto was getting the commentary on MSN while I was playing it last night :P I probably spoiled a little too much for him, but I'm of the opinion that (at least among my more personal friends) 'anything that happens in the first episode/level/before the first boss doesn't count as a spoiler'. But I'll spare you all

Where's Proto?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

People afraid of Phoenix not being the main character needn't worry. At least for the first case... it's hard to believe that this isn't his game. Also, Apollo is, thankfully, not the 'Old Phoenix'. Apollo is still kind of goofy at times, but he's pretty confident right from the start and doesn't seem to have the 'dumb luck' that Phoenix had. In all, he's different enough from Phoenix so that he doesn't feel like an imitation.

Phoenix himself has changed. Obviously he's not a lawyer anymore, and several times throughout the case they allude to what happened '7 years ago' that made him lose his badge. He's kind of a badass now, totally different from the wimpy Phoenix of the first games (though he's also kind of bad, and kind of an ass now). I mentioned before that it's hard to believe this isn't his game... he basically takes control of the entire case without actually being in control. As Apollo, you're still actually figuring out what happens on your own and making the case progress, but it becomes clear that the whole case is being rather fiendishly manipulated by Phoenix. I'm not saying anything more about the plot from here, but Phoenix is definitely different.

It seems like the overarching plot of the game will still have a focus on Phoenix and what made him lose his badge, as well as some more sinister things that will happen in the future. I'm definitely hooked on it now.

Roto was getting the commentary on MSN while I was playing it last night :P I probably spoiled a little too much for him, but I'm of the opinion that (at least among my more personal friends) 'anything that happens in the first episode/level/before the first boss doesn't count as a spoiler'. But I'll spare you all

Where's Proto?
    Wooooooooww....I'm going to cry...I probably won't be able to get ahold of the game for months DX

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Where's Proto?
    Yea, Hobo Nick is the man. Even if he is a little bit of jerk now. But I can't wait to see what happened seven years ago to make him change. I agree I can see this becoming Nick's game just the same way the first two Phoenix Wright games were Edgeworth's.

There is just one important question I must have answered: How old is the judge and why doesn't he get a picture in the court record?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Does the Judge wear pants?