Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: McDonalds, you know you love it

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    What's the differene between Burger King, MacDonalds and KFC??
    Easy. Burger King sucks, McDonalds is like eating doge, and KFC is win.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    What's the differene between Burger King, MacDonalds and KFC??
    McDonalds serve worse-tasting burgers than Burger King, and KFC mainly serves chicken?

anyway, I only go to McDonalds to buy strawberry milkshakes.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I go to KFC every day for lunch. There's one right down the road from where I work. Of course, there's a Burger King right opposite, but they suck.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's a matter of greed, really. "Oh just one more-- just one more-- just one more--" leads to obesity just because they don't know when to put the burger down.

Given, I'm not in the best of shape (very far from obesity though, thank you very much), I know when enough is enough. McDonalds is great when you go there occasionally (say, once every 2 months or so?) instead of multiple times a week.

Also, this so-called 'epidemic' is made worse because most Americans are lazy to the extreme, as well. Again, I'll admit that I don't work out or anything, and I'm not very physically active, but that's mainly because I just don't find the time. Once I'm out of school and have the day to myself, I plan on getting an hour and a half a day of exercise.

To me, obesity isn't an epidemic. It is just a side effect of the severe 'greed-stupidity-laziness' epidemic, which is the real problem.

On a side note, I love McDonalds' double cheeseburgers. :3

Actually, I read on a subway cup that The Whooper from BK was worse than McDonald's BigMac. xD

I was kinda shocked.

Either way, people -choose- to go eat at these places.

I love McDonalds but I havn't had a McDonald's since.. well about 2 years ago. Not because I don't love it, I just have other places I can eat at.

America is obese because they CHOOSE to be obesse, they act like the only way they can get food is through a fast food place that mainly fries their food.
    Why don't they eat at sandwhich places, or healthier places? Because they claim the taste isn't as good.

So the taste of food is greater than their potential weight gain.

Sorry, I just think it's ignorant for anyone to think that it'd be a good idea to petition fast food resturants, the consumers are fat because they allow themselves to be, that's not McDonald's fault, that's their own for not knowing how to make home made food or healthier food at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    It's a matter of greed, really. "Oh just one more-- just one more-- just one more--" leads to obesity just because they don't know when to put the burger down.
    GLUTTONY is the overbearing want for food or even as far as hording things to a mass extent. Usually food though. Greed is the want and hording of material wealth. I'm greedy, but I'm sure as hell not fat. Why not? Fast food's to expensive, I won't be wasting my money on that! PFFT.

My work is about 20 yards away from a McDonalds, so the temptation is always there. During training, two of the lads, Luke and Gavin, went every day; I got quite worried for them.

Whenever I think: 'I fancy a McDonalds', I will have one, but I always leave feeling damn well ripped off, because I have been brought up on real food. When I came back from visiting my parents in London, having eaten at fabulous restaurants every night of the week, I had a McDonalds, and was really disappointed in it.

Smurfing rip-off.

P.S: I will not eat at my local KFC at least; I know where the chicken comes from...

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    GLUTTONY is the overbearing want for food or even as far as hording things to a mass extent. Usually food though. Greed is the want and hording of material wealth. I'm greedy, but I'm sure as hell not fat. Why not? Fast food's to expensive, I won't be wasting my money on that! PFFT.
    Meh. You know what I meant. It's the same concept.

i don't eat them because im veggie even though they probably don't have much meat in them any way

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rianoa View Post
    i don't eat them because im veggie even though they probably don't have much meat in them any way
    You're a veggie? What kind?

wat do u mean ?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rianoa View Post
    wat do u mean ?
    Well, are you a carrot, a head of lettuce, a cabbage, a radish, celery, etc.?

Smile and Be happy :love: louby_4eva's Avatar

I love McDonalds I eat it maybe twice a week, and I weigh a comfortable 7 and a half stone (105 pounds ish).
    In regards to the supersize me film, if someone ate nothing but one type of food for a month they would feel ill. I watched a different programme where someone ate nothing but apples, and after about 4 days she felt terrible.

Smile and Be happy

Burger King rules because of their big breakfast sandwich thing.

McDonalds is horrible but i still eat there once every two weeks or so

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I eat veggies for breakfast.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I didn't know there was more than one type of veggie...
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow